Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I wouldn't do that. We don't have a qb on our team. Haskins has the tools the doesn't need to be behind a young dancing qb. He needs to behind a veteran.
    What Haskins needs is a job because he's acted like an idiot and blown the chance of a lifetime. He should be thankful if a team is willing to gamble on him, not hoping to find a babysitter.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

What Haskins needs is a job because he's acted like an idiot and blown the chance of a lifetime. He should be thankful if a team is willing to gamble on him, not hoping to find a babysitter.
      Lol you sound crazy like no qb deserve a second chance where in the hell did I say he needs a babysitter....as much trouble big Ben got in when he came into the league man stop. He doesn't need luck bc I beat you he will be another chance.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        As of right now I'm thinking we have Lock and Rypien coming back next season and that's it. I'd seriously consider signing Dwayne Haskins to a very, very cheap contract with no guaranteed money. He could probably run an Offense that was built around Lock better than Rypien could anyway.
        I dont see Haskins as a fit. Elway won't go for a qb that is considered a distraction.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Lol you sound crazy like no qb deserve a second chance where in the hell did I say he needs a babysitter....as much trouble big Ben got in when he came into the league man stop. He doesn't need luck bc I beat you he will be another chance.
          Mannnnn Big Ben though.... I still call him Big Ben Rapistburger.. Forgive me mods it’s accurate.
          "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

Desmond Ridder.
            Thanks.

Comment

...and where did I say that no QB deserves a second chance? Oh. That's right. I didn't.

Comment

I guess if we could get Matt Stafford for a good deal, that would be something to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post

I dont see Haskins as a fit. Elway won't go for a qb that is considered a distraction.
                  I'm not enamored with the guy by any means. I'm looking at what we have, which seems to be Lock and Rypien, and looking at what is available for minimal investment. His upside is that he does have arm talent and experience as a starter. But he also plays 'dumb' in the same way that Lock does, maybe even 'dumber' than Lock. The hope would be that both of them can improve. Or maybe one of the two. Double our chances of ending up with a competent starter, although I think Lock will end up as the better QB and I think that Haskins' short term goal would be as a solid #2 guy.

I think this move would fix our Offense:

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  I guess if we could get Matt Stafford for a good deal, that would be something to consider.
                  ...but it would cost too much and there would be other teams interested if it turns out that he's available. I think Stafford has several years of very good play left in him and that makes him a valuable asset.
                  Last edited by listopencil; 01-01-2021, 08:54 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

Comment

Why use assets to acquire Stafford? The Broncos already have a young “Stafford” in Lock.

Wasn’t Stafford one of his comparisons coming out of college? Stafford started out as a rookie completing 54% of his passes, 13TDs/ 20 INTs on a crappy Lions team. Sound familiar?

I am interested to see if Lock can develop into a QB that can have a 10 year career above average career.

Instead of replacing Lock with a vet or adding a Haskins type competition QB, I would prefer they add a competent professional vet type that can help him get better in the preparation for games and deciphering of defenses during it. A competent vet that can give the Broncos a decent chance at a win if/ when Lock gets injured for a couple games.

As frustrating and inconsistent as Lock has been, I am still willing to give him another year of development and building a better team around him. Would love to see if Lock can be the “next” Stafford. By year 3 he had improved to 63% compl/ 41TD/ 16INTs./ 5000 yards.

Wishful thinking or ridiculous projection? I’d like to find out.

Comment

Honestly, if we lose on Sunday and wind up in the top 5 picks we have to seriously consider one of the big 3 (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson) one will fall to 5 and you simply cannot pass on them if that happens.

However if we win and drop down to the teens to pick you stick with Lock and sign a Nick Foles type to be the backup.

Comment

I have only watched a couple games of the long haired surfer dude, Both games he didn't impress me, but if he did drop to us, I would be happy. I would be happy with him or Fields.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          Honestly, if we lose on Sunday and wind up in the top 5 picks we have to seriously consider one of the big 3 (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson) one will fall to 5 and you simply cannot pass on them if that happens.

However if we win and drop down to the teens to pick you stick with Lock and sign a Nick Foles type to be the backup.
                          I agree. If we lose Elway has no choice but to explore the qbs coming out. I hope 🙏 we lose.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Win or lose on Sunday, I'm hoping for either Parsons or Surtain with the 1st rd pick.

Also, I like the Foles suggestion. Not sure he is quite to the point of seeing himself as the back up though. And in all honesty not sure if it matters other then the inevitable Bronco fan base being incredibly fickle and creating QB controversies on any whim. One hell of a balancing act has to be played by FO. No patience to develop a QB and a fan passion for third string benchwarmers has to be fatiguing.

Comment

I agree. If we lose Elway has no choice but to explore the qbs coming out. I hope 🙏 we lose.
                              I'm not sure of this at all. Nothing we have seen so far suggests that the FO has any intention of moving on from Lock. Their position appears to be that they think he can be developed into a longterm starter and that this season has been far too anomalous (for various reasons) to properly assess whether this objective can be realised.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

I'm not sure of this at all. Nothing we have seen so far suggests that the FO has any intention of moving on from Lock. Their position appears to be that they think he can be developed into a longterm starter and that this season has been far too anomalous (for various reasons) to properly assess whether this objective can be realised.
                                There is nothing that says lock is. Tell me this if lock was the guy going forward why have they not said it yet? Will this Raiders game make everything better if he shines??? Heck no. They could easily put all this to rest and say lock is coming back like they did vic, and Shuman.

I dont want to he the comments people took and ran with on what Elway and victory said lol. Tell me one coach or gm come out to thev media publicly and say " he's not the guy we are going to be looking for his position in the offseason or draft" what people are failing to really is the both said " we think lock can be a good qb IN THIS LEAGUE." NOT one of the said for the Broncos or this team. So we both can take what we want. But again if lock was the man why not just say it now? Why wait. If you think for one sec Elway is not gonna explore any qbs in the draft you are sadly mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                                X