Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trade for Watson

    Comment


    • Apparently Wilson thinks the team is supposed to do everything he wants.

      While listening to the radio, I heard that he pushed for the tight end Olsen to be signed. They signed him.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

      Comment


      • Trade for Wilson

        Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post

        Yea people who been wanting Watson when apparently Wilson is just as "available" should realize they set their goals on the lesser QB
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

        Comment


        • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          Apparently Wilson thinks the team is supposed to do everything he wants.

          While listening to the radio, I heard that he pushed for the tight end Olsen to be signed. They signed him.
          Did you intentionally try to help Wilson's point by bringing up Olsen?

          If you have watched Wilson / Hawks story for years it is pretty easy to see why he is frustrated imo

          I mean look at all the players TB brought in for Brady in just one year. Do people even remember all the strings Bowlen pulled for Elway....the Reeves/Shanahan thing got a lot of press....Gary Zimmerman got some press....how about signing Tim Brown to a contract that wrecked the Raiders cap to match....how about signing Antony Miller who bombed in Denver....how about the 2-3 OL that did not pan out for all the trades and OL signings who did work out.

          Yea I can see why Wilson is not happy when the biggest thing you can list is Olsen while it is pretty obvious what teams who are trying to work for the franchise QBs are taking much more swings at attempts to improve the QBs support system.

          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

            Did you intentionally try to help Wilson's point by bringing up Olsen?

            If you have watched Wilson / Hawks story for years it is pretty easy to see why he is frustrated imo

            I mean look at all the players TB brought in for Brady in just one year. Do people even remember all the strings Bowlen pulled for Elway....the Reeves/Shanahan thing got a lot of press....Gary Zimmerman got some press....how about signing Tim Brown to a contract that wrecked the Raiders cap to match....how about signing Antony Miller who bombed in Denver....how about the 2-3 OL that did not pan out for all the trades and OL signings who did work out.

            Yea I can see why Wilson is not happy when the biggest thing you can list is Olsen while it is pretty obvious what teams who are trying to work for the franchise QBs are taking much more swings at attempts to improve the QBs support system.
            I doubt Olsen is the only thing they listened on.

            Even if it was, so what?

            Player personnel decisions aren’t any of his business.

            I will say that they should probably stop converting defensive linemen and basketball players to OL.

            Point is, it appears that if they think he has a good idea, they will consider it.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

            Comment


            • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

              I doubt Olsen is the only thing they listened on.

              Even if it was, so what?

              Player personnel decisions aren’t any of his business.

              I will say that they should probably stop converting defensive linemen and basketball players to OL.

              Point is, it appears that if they think he has a good idea, they will consider it.
              I personally have no problem with a proven Qb challenging their team if they think the team is not making wise decisions. Actually I have no problem with any of the players trying it but proven franchise QBs just have the most ability to actually get change imo.

              If an owner was smart and had a Wilson or Brady or Rodgers they would do everything they could to make sure their franchise took max advantage of that great QB because who knows if they will ever see one again.

              I loved the stories about Pat Bowlen going to the 49ers team hotel after their Super Bowl win to recruit Shanahan. Did not get as much press but also loved how Pat Bowlen got involved in the Gary Zimmerman trade. To me Mr B was the perfect example of a owner who listened to trusted advisors on the team and than did everything in their power to help their franchise QB .... and their franchise as a whole...get over the top.

              There are probably owners who would have flipped out after doing after Mr B did over the past few years to acquire all these coaches and players....including some high name RBs like Bernstine and Delpino...and then all the sudden his coach wants to put a no name guy like TD as the starter.

              My point is Mr B would do everything in his power to improve his team...take as many swings as possible....but if something did not work out like those two big name RBs...he had no problem taking another swing and trusting his people to make the team better.

              From what I have read and herd from Hawks fans Wilson's problem is he does not see the Hawks making these kinds of moves.

              edit - stat corrections
              Last edited by Hadez; 02-27-2021, 11:44 PM.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

              Comment


              • Pretty good take both on Drew Lock and options we have.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

                  Hmmm....so no Watson in Denver can only mean another 6 win season for the Broncos with Lock? I say you might have a defective "crystal ball".

                  I know, just your opinion. My opinion is....you're wrong. So much tornado like speculation with too many unknowns in the swirling winds of opinion.

                  Nobody, absolutely nobody knows what will happen in the next 7 months until they happen. I'll remain in wait and see mode.

                  I for one will be shocked if Watson becomes a Denver Bronco.
                  the broncos cant and will not win more then 6 games even if the league extends the regular season to 17 games with Lock and Shurmur.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                    Pretty good take both on Drew Lock and options we have.
                    One mans trash is another mans treasure.

                    Comment


                    • Interesting point about the OL. If, and it's a big IF For me, the OLine can improve significantly, then Lock will look like a different player this coming season.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

                        One mans trash is another mans treasure.
                        No, "is" should have the word "possibly" after it. How often do players labeled as "trash" have a quality rebound somewhere else, if ever? No guarantee.

                        Just because a player gets traded or cut doesn't mean he's trash. And just because one of those players signs with another team doesn't make him a treasure.
                        Utah Bronco Freak

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

                          the broncos cant and will not win more then 6 games even if the league extends the regular season to 17 games with Lock and Shurmur.
                          Huh. Interesting. That's a bold prediction. Let's revisit this during the season if Lock does stay with the Broncos.
                          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                            Interesting point about the OL. If, and it's a big IF For me, the OLine can improve significantly, then Lock will look like a different player this coming season.
                            For the first time in a long time I think we can say the OL will look much better in 2021. I still have question mark about James and Cush but we better off coming into this offseason than we have been in as long as I can remember. Knock on wood hope unexpected things do not come up like injuries and someone opting out for the year.

                            The real question mark to me is NOT Lock's ability. He has show he can play the way he needs to be successful. My question marks for Lock are 1. His ability to stay healthy and 2. Can he consistently be the guy who makes the good plays.

                            I would really like to get a vet in here like Fitz or Alex Smith to help show Lock how to be a Pro on a day to day....week to week basis. I think that would help his consistency.

                            Assuming we can not pull off a trade for Wilson or Watson obviously.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                              For the first time in a long time I think we can say the OL will look much better in 2021. I still have question mark about James and Cush but we better off coming into this offseason than we have been in as long as I can remember. Knock on wood hope unexpected things do not come up like injuries and someone opting out for the year.

                              The real question mark to me is NOT Lock's ability. He has show he can play the way he needs to be successful. My question marks for Lock are 1. His ability to stay healthy and 2. Can he consistently be the guy who makes the good plays.

                              I would really like to get a vet in here like Fitz or Alex Smith to help show Lock how to be a Pro on a day to day....week to week basis. I think that would help his consistency.

                              Assuming we can not pull off a trade for Wilson or Watson obviously.
                              Yeah, I agree with you about the O-Line. I feel pretty good about every spot other than RT. Bolles looks like he has turned the corner. Between Risner, Glasgow, and Muti we should have two competent guys at the OG spots. Cush just needs an off season in the weight room to get physically strong enough to do the job of Center at the NFL level. I want them to take the BPA in the first round and an OT in the 2nd who can come in and threaten to start at RT. There should be a chunk of very good prospects at our pick.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                                For the first time in a long time I think we can say the OL will look much better in 2021. I still have question mark about James and Cush but we better off coming into this offseason than we have been in as long as I can remember. Knock on wood hope unexpected things do not come up like injuries and someone opting out for the year.

                                The real question mark to me is NOT Lock's ability. He has show he can play the way he needs to be successful. My question marks for Lock are 1. His ability to stay healthy and 2. Can he consistently be the guy who makes the good plays.

                                I would really like to get a vet in here like Fitz or Alex Smith to help show Lock how to be a Pro on a day to day....week to week basis. I think that would help his consistency.

                                Assuming we can not pull off a trade for Wilson or Watson obviously.
                                I really like the idea of Alex Smith, especially his "game management" experience, but Fitz as a role model for Lock... Heavens, Air Coryell on Acid.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X