Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking this is what I want to do (given drafting a QB will cost a load).....Darnold for a 4th with conditional additional mid rounder if he starts "enough" games.

Comment

• Why wouldn’t the Jets just keep Darnold to compete for the starting job?

Let them split reps, split the game plans, split the coaching as the team develops two QBs. Let the best man win?

Wouldn’t the Jets need a reliable backup if Wilson struggles or is injured?

Isn’t that the strategy you are suggesting the Broncos undertake?

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        Why wouldn’t the Jets just keep Darnold to compete for the starting job?

Let them split reps, split the game plans, split the coaching as the team develops two QBs. Let the best man win?

Assuming you are talking to me, I am not 100% sure The Jets will try to trade Darnold, but I think at this moment that they are all in on Wilson, and if so, they might be better served with a vet backup, one who can mentor, rather than a young competitor. If they are very confident in their choice, even if they are too high on Zach, I believe they might want to move on from their last drafted QB. Get something for him and cut ties. Some teams like a clean start....predicting that the new, young stud will not only start, but do so relatively soon.

It is the strategy I am suggesting for The Broncos, but I see it as a little different:
        1) The confidence level in Lock is not that high, whereas I believe The Jets would have a high confidence level in Wilson (perception is part of this)
        2) Given our options are a bit limited in this draft, QB wise, and the vets seem to be gone, The Broncos may have changed strategy and decide to give Lock one more chance...but in turn, they may want another young QB who was drafted with good credentials as a logical competitive situation....whereas I don't think The Jets see a Wilson/Darnold competition at all. They want Wilson to be their guy.
        3) If Darnold has a future as a starter, it may be better for him to be elsewhere. New environment, new coaches, even better weapons at this point. This might be a better thing for him, and quite possibly The Jets see it as a mutually good time to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
          Why wouldn’t the Jets just keep Darnold to compete for the starting job?

Even if they keep him to compete for the job, they should trade him once they name the new guy the starter.

It’s not really a competition when the new guy is drafted second overall.

Darnold would likely leave in free agency next year. Why not get something for him in a trade?
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I agree Fields would be an excellent pick for the Broncos but who knows if he'll still be available when it's our turn. So many unknowns that could figure into the draft dynamics in the next 4 weeks and there's no doubt Bronco fans will be glued to their communication devices on 29 April 2021.

Will most Bronco fans be really happy, really sad or somewhere in between? This forum will definitely be very busy after the first round is completed if not sooner.

Secondly, I learned this morning there are now 19 sexual lawsuits against Watson. I'm not 100% sure his NFL career is over, depends on how it all pans out. I realize and agree that people must be perceived innocent until proven guilty but we all know that the potential for the public to view people (high end athletes) in this type of situation as somewhat "poisonous" in a team environment.

I'm curious, are the Bronco fans in this forum that have stated the Broncos should do whatever it takes to acquire Watson still want that to happen or are they thinking maybe not a good thing?
            He's totally off my board now. Seriously, until he can clear his name (if he can) I wouldn't take him even if the Texans gave us draft picks. It's hard to tell what's really going on but either way it's a very bad situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

He's totally off my board now. Seriously, until he can clear his name (if he can) I wouldn't take him even if the Texans gave us draft picks. It's hard to tell what's really going on but either way it's a very bad situation.

He's not off the board. Criminal charges haven't even been filed. You still sell the farm for Watson and at absolute worst he misses 4-8 games out of the new 17 game season and you net another 7-10 years of a top 5 qb.

Miller told his x girl to cut her kid out on social media and the police were almost immediately involved. The Watson saga has gone on now for almost 3 weeks with no changes. The case will remain civi vs criminal

Comment

• Still trade for Watson. I bet we do too.

This thing is going to get settled outside of court unless Watson wants to go for blood for the smear campaign. Every new evert and bit of info favors Watson. The SI article, buzbee lying again, then the whole not wanting to turn evidence into police because the lawyers kid works in the department.....what a load of crap.

Yes, as the days go by Watson trade becomes more realistic again.
                So far:
                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                  Still trade for Watson. I bet we do too.

This thing is going to get settled outside of court unless Watson wants to go for blood for the smear campaign. Every new evert and bit of info favors Watson. The SI article, buzbee lying again, then the whole not wanting to turn evidence into police because the lawyers kid works in the department.....what a load of crap.

Yes, as the days go by Watson trade becomes more realistic again.
                  Don't bet too much. Your dream may turn into a nightmare. Watson should still be considered somewhat poisonous.

I'm not suggesting he's guilty, but 19 sexual lawsuits?
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

He's not off the board. Criminal charges haven't even been filed. You still sell the farm for Watson and at absolute worst he misses 4-8 games out of the new 17 game season and you net another 7-10 years of a top 5 qb.

Miller told his x girl to cut her kid out on social media and the police were almost immediately involved. The Watson saga has gone on now for almost 3 weeks with no changes. The case will remain civi vs criminal
                    First off, no you don’t sell the farm for Watson.

Second, you don’t go after him until there is some resolution to the case.

Third, we don’t know if there’s a criminal investigation or not because the Houston police aren’t supposed to report anything until charges are filed.

It’s been several days since they said they hadn’t received any evidence. We don’t know what’s happened since then.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...shing-total-21

This article addresses what’s happened since HPD said they haven’t received any evidence from Buzbee. It also addresses how Watson is alleged to have made contact with some of the plaintiffs.
                    Last edited by broncolee; 03-31-2021, 09:26 AM.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Please don't tell me what my opinion is. He IS off my board until he clears his name. I'm not risking at least 3 first rounders, a big salary cap hit AND the risk that there could be major issues with these legal issues. At the very least this is a massive public relations nightmare and NOT someone I want as the face of my franchise.

Not to mention there's no guarantee he would resign with us given his history or that Von's option wasn't picked up until AFTER the charges were dropped. If the cases are dropped or Watson wins, we can revisit this issue then. I have higher standards for being a Bronco QB other than simply "criminal" or " civil". I want to hear the details and have the cases resolved out of court isn't good enough.

BTW Chris "Birdman" Anderson of the Nuggets would be a better example of someone being innocent while having his name put in question, although allegations were never made the reporting cast suspicion on him. But there are also examples of allegations being true so let's not cherry-pick examples to try to make a point. With 19 different women bringing allegations the burden of proof is on Watson before I spend anything.

Comment

he definitely is off the board atm. Almost involved doesn't count . So what if Miller tells her to have an abortion. You can't get arrested for that , its not even close to being a crime . Watson is treading water as we speak.

With every accusation it gets harder and harder to tread. Its not smart to sell the farm only to have your QB not be able to play at all . You think Rodger Goodell is gonna just let him skip 4 to 8 games for the accusations out there?

Comment

Please don't tell me what my opinion is. He IS off my board until he clears his name. I'm not risking at least 3 first rounders, a big salary cap hit AND the risk that there could be major issues with these legal issues. At the very least this is a massive public relations nightmare and NOT someone I want as the face of my franchise.

Not to mention there's no guarantee he would resign with us given his history or that Von's option wasn't picked up until AFTER the charges were dropped. If the cases are dropped or Watson wins, we can revisit this issue then. I have higher standards for being a Bronco QB other than simply "criminal" or " civil". I want to hear the details and have the cases resolved out of court isn't good enough.

BTW Chris "Birdman" Anderson of the Nuggets would be a better example of someone being innocent while having his name put in question, although allegations were never made the reporting cast suspicion on him. But there are also examples of allegations being true so let's not cherry-pick examples to try to make a point. With 19 different women bringing allegations the burden of proof is on Watson before I spend anything.
                          Great post, well stated.
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Yeah....I'm out on the Watson ordeal. Conditional 7th is most I would spend on him.
                            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Whether Watson settles out of court or not is irrelevant!
                              We are talking about a QB that has one of the most expensive contracts in NFL history, who has proven that he cannot even elevate a troubled team to mediocre results, who has been the most important person in the Houston locker room which according the Bradley Roby was totally dysfunctional, and on top of that faces suspension, does not stick around if things are not to his liking and from his 19 cases so far feels that the world centers around him.
                              His talent level is great but every other aspect of DW screems bust, and that it will be a waste of ressources to pursue him.
                              If the salary cap era is any indication no one with a contract like his is likely to win the SB, though I have to admit that Mahomes might break the mold, but he also seems, sounds and act smarter - and he wins!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

First off, no you don’t sell the farm for Watson.

Second, you don’t go after him until there is some resolution to the case.

Third, we don’t know if there’s a criminal investigation or not because the Houston police aren’t supposed to report anything until charges are filed.

It’s been several days since they said they hadn’t received any evidence. We don’t know what’s happened since then.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...shing-total-21

This article addresses what’s happened since HPD said they haven’t received any evidence from Buzbee. It also addresses how Watson is alleged to have made contact with some of the plaintiffs.
                                Interesting article - Deshaun Watson is obviously a good man that only (allegedly) assults half the woman he gets massages from.
                                That is just the face of the franchise Pat Bowlen would be proud off.

Comment

Working...
                                X