Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread cleaned. Please keep the personal stuff out.

Thanks.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I wouldn't bring in Watson now and would have to wait for this situation he is in to clear to even consider it. To me there is something strange about needing so many different massage therapists.
      I would consider bringing in Alex Smith but I don't think it is all that realistic to do that for him to be a mentor, a competitor doesn't want that. Joe Flacco kind of already had that role and it just didn't work very well, to a degree Manning was in a situation to be a mentor to ... whats his name?
      Lock will just need to play like a "franchise" QB or the Broncos will need to move on in 2022.
      As far as the draft goes, I wouldn't move up for any QB other than Lawrence and that is not realistic. Stay at 9 and IF Fields is there I would probably bring him in.
      Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 04-02-2021, 06:34 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Not too interested in Darnold. He has to have his 5th option picked up by May 3rd (which no one will do). He is another broken QB, the problems he had in college he still has (making dumb mistakes). Having a bunch of substandard QBs compete does not accomplish much.

Comment

• Broncos should get a great discount on Watson now with the panthers out of the picture

Comment

• Criminal investigation
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
              I wouldn't bring in Watson now and would have to wait for this situation he is in to clear to even consider it. To me there is something strange about needing so many different massage therapists.
              I would consider bringing in Alex Smith but I don't think it is all that realistic to do that for him to be a mentor, a competitor doesn't want that. Joe Flacco kind of already had that role and it just didn't work very well, to a degree Manning was in a situation to be a mentor to ... whats his name?
              Lock will just need to play like a "franchise" QB or the Broncos will need to move on in 2022.
              As far as the draft goes, I wouldn't move up for any QB other than Lawrence and that is not realistic. Stay at 9 and IF Fields is there I would probably bring him in.
              Actually - with Joe Flacco here and Lock starting we went 4-1 and with Lock being the unquestioned starter he went 4-9.
              I am all for signing Alex Smith if possible. Some way some how he has been a winning machine since things started going right for him in 2011, and Lock could learn a lot, or Alex Smith could get our other offensive players coached up.
              Alex Smith's understudys have done well - Mannings have not

Comment

• Whoever they bring in, he better be worth the hike in season ticket prices!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                  Broncos should get a great discount on Watson now with the panthers out of the picture
                  I don't care if he's "free" No matter the cost, poison is always 100% poison.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I don't care if he's "free" No matter the cost, poison is always 100% poison.
                    Why do you even try? Some will dismiss anything in their desperate attempt to see Watson in a Bronco uniform.

So invested in the “innocent until proven guilty” narrative I would not be surprised to see them booking their sisters, daughters or mothers for massage sessions if they thought it would help getting him on the field. Because “what do we really know”?

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Why do you even try? Some will dismiss anything in their desperate attempt to see Watson in a Bronco uniform.

So invested in the “innocent until proven guilty” narrative I would not be surprised to see them booking their sisters, daughters or mothers for massage sessions if they thought it would help getting him on the field. Because “what do we really know”?
                      hahahaha, good chuckle

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

At this point 22 women need to release their full names. Would not be surprised to see the number of accusers drastically drop. If the number shrinks between 3-5 you know this was purely extortion.

Comment

At this point 22 women need to release their full names. Would not be surprised to see the number of accusers drastically drop. If the number shrinks between 3-5 you know this was purely extortion.
                          Just to clear. If 5-7 provide their names will you believe it is truthful? Partially extortion instead “ purely” extortion?

I would not be surprised to see the number of accusers go down too. Some will likely not want the public scrutiny and unwanted internet humiliation that is almost certain to follow. The two accusers that already went public are getting trolled, faced with intimidation, and even death threats. There are victim shield laws for a reason. There is also a reason that Watsons lawyer petitioned to force the public release of the names instead of settling for release to defense council only.

Bringing in Watson is an emphatic “no” IMO.

Even being kind, his baggage is way too much for any desire to bring him in as the face of the Bronco franchise. Find it tough to find any reason that logically explains away over at least 40 masseuses that we know of. How many have not come forward? Some barely out of school or advertising over the internet. He has access to approved experienced professionals yet he seems to seek out inexperienced and isolated masseuses. His behavior is predatory IMO.

No matter how this plays out in number of accusers, how many he pays off to remain silent or even the NFL slap on the wrist they will give him. Keep him away from the Broncos. His behavior tells its own story. He is a PR nightmare. Or will be until some PR genius finds a way to spin his behavior into a sympathetic character struggling with a sexual addiction.

There are other QB options. Broncos can and should choose one. As of today, I would bring in Smith to support Lock and the team. Easy simple solution to the QB issue this year.
                          Last edited by FR Tim; 04-09-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

9 women have agreed to put their name on it.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

9 women have agreed to put their name on it.
                              read the article again.

Comment

• 13 women were ordered to identify themselves or have their cases dismissed.

It was reported on the radio that the other nine had already agreed to identify themselves.
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X