Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally do not want to bring in anybody who has a realistic chance of taking the starting job. If you're gonna give Lock a chance, give him the whole year. No need to hear the same garbage of "if he only had enough time"

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

What exactly is your ambition for the Broncos?
      Mine is NOT that our QB goes to the Pro Bowl but that the team has success.

I enjoyed the Tebow almost losses a lot more than Kyle Ortons' almost wins. I enjoyed seing Trevor Siemian evolve

I put a lot of stock in Bradley Roby telling that the Texans locker room was mess of infighting.

We agree that a QB cannot win all by himself, but if he is paid so that you cannot pay for supporting cast then he has to. That is the reason that in the salary cap era no QB taking close to DWs cap hit has ever won the SB.
      First bolded.....that is a confusing question. Heck yeah I'm ok with my QB going to the Pro Bowl in his 2nd-4th years, consecutively. What is wrong with any of your players achieving that status. You are overstating a simple case of logic....good players are rewarded/recognized for their achievements. Does it guarantee team success? No. But it does tell you something pretty obvious...you got a quality QB. And he's been to the playoffs twice and won a round. Not too shabby for a young QB.

Should we be looking for a non Pro Bowler type, who is pretty much guaranteed to make our team better. Sure, ok, maybe....not sure how you can find that player, but go for it.

Mess of infighting.....was Watson the guy causing it? Can you give proof?

And back to what I keep trying to tell you....if JJ Watt apologizes for letting the young QB down, what is that worth to his football credibility? I'd say a lot.

And try to remember...lousy management decisions, no D, no run game. You see, if I'm thinking of The Broncos, I want good management, a good D and good run game. Maybe you forget that huge part of the Houston storyline.

So question for you...should The Broncos try to follow Houston's lead? Lousy management decision-making, no D, no run game?? If that's what we had, I sure hope we have a pro bowl QB.

(Note: this kind of sucks to be defending Watson in this manner, at this time, but if we are talking football only, and pre allegation, I don't understand how someone could knock this guy.)

Comment

What exactly is your ambition for the Broncos?
        Mine is NOT that our QB goes to the Pro Bowl but that the team has success.
        I enjoyed the Tebow almost losses a lot more than Kyle Ortons' almost wins. I enjoyed seing Trevor Siemian evolve

I put a lot of stock in Bradley Roby telling that the Texans locker room was mess of infighting.

We agree that a QB cannot win all by himself, but if he is paid so that you cannot pay for supporting cast then he has to. That is the reason that in the salary cap era no QB taking close to DWs cap hit has ever won the SB.
        You almost lost me on TS evolving...

Your point is solid even if we disagree on TS.

Brady did not win Super Bowls because he plays like Mahomes or Rodgers. Brady won Super Bowls because he did the little things that helped not only his offense be successful but also helped the team win. He was also on teams that were very good and very well prepared.

We do not need the next QB who puts up Star Wars stats....we need a guy who can do the little things that puts the offense and team in position to be successful.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

First bolded.....that is a confusing question. Heck yeah I'm ok with my QB going to the Pro Bowl in his 2nd-4th years, consecutively. What is wrong with any of your players achieving that status. You are overstating a simple case of logic....good players are rewarded/recognized for their achievements. Does it guarantee team success? No. But it does tell you something pretty obvious...you got a quality QB. And he's been to the playoffs twice and won a round. Not too shabby for a young QB.

Should we be looking for a non Pro Bowler type, who is pretty much guaranteed to make our team better. Sure, ok, maybe....not sure how you can find that player, but go for it.

Mess of infighting.....was Watson the guy causing it? Can you give proof?

And back to what I keep trying to tell you....if JJ Watt apologizes for letting the young QB down, what is that worth to his football credibility? I'd say a lot.

And try to remember...lousy management decisions, no D, no run game. You see, if I'm thinking of The Broncos, I want good management, a good D and good run game. Maybe you forget that huge part of the Houston storyline.

So question for you...should The Broncos try to follow Houston's lead? Lousy management decision-making, no D, no run game?? If that's what we had, I sure hope we have a pro bowl QB.

(Note: this kind of sucks to be defending Watson in this manner, at this time, but if we are talking football only, and pre allegation, I don't understand how someone could knock this guy.)
          I think you are in danger of running out of straw!
          I'm sorry but it is not about Watson causing infighting - He is the one - more than any other man in that organisation - that should stop it, build team spirit and coherance and he is obviously not the man for that job. The QB is the most important person in a NFL orgainisation, yet you blame everyone from ball boys to management for failure.
          You want to decimate our team for a player that has brought one playoff win in 4 years, and who has just delivered a 4 win season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

You almost lost me on TS evolving...

Your point is solid even if we disagree on TS.

Brady did not win Super Bowls because he plays like Mahomes or Rodgers. Brady won Super Bowls because he did the little things that helped not only his offense be successful but also helped the team win. He was also on teams that were very good and very well prepared.

We do not need the next QB who puts up Star Wars stats....we need a guy who can do the little things that puts the offense and team in position to be successful.
            To be a bit more specific - with TS it was the 2016 season I was talking about.
            As you write Brady does things that improve his chances for ultimate success - like taking pay that allows a team to add several elite players. There is no question that Brady is the GOAT, but would he have won as much, if Peyton had taken 30% less pay throughout his career?
            The thing that is clear with Brady is that does EVERYTHING in his power to win, and there is a difference him and the rest. He has never been one of the most physically gifted players but he is the best example for immitation that anyone could have.

Comment

I think you are in danger of running out of straw!
              I'm sorry but it is not about Watson causing infighting - He is the one - more than any other man in that organisation - that should stop it, build team spirit and coherance and he is obviously not the man for that job. The QB is the most important person in a NFL orgainisation, yet you blame everyone from ball boys to management for failure.
              You want to decimate our team for a player that has brought one playoff win in 4 years, and who has just delivered a 4 win season.

I may be running out of straw (whatever), but I have solid facts.

You are hilarious...."ball boys"? I think it is quite simple, I blame their management. They are making the bad deals, they apparently did not have interest in their franchise QB's ideas. They are to blame for infighting I am quite sure. And again, if Watson was guilty of that, I would expect Watt would have been close enough to the scene to straighten it out. But Watt showed support for Watson, and JJ is a star player/hero to many, and is no longer on the team....whatever way you shape it.

And yeah, I was big time interested in a 4 year, 3 time pro bowler, who has decent playoff experience in that short time, given we have not been in the playoffs for a longer period. Partly because we have been selling ourselves short with QB choices.
              Last edited by CanDB; 04-13-2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Lock and Rypien make a pretty good pair to start a season. Particularly if we draft some help in the OL. However, Lock will hold on to the ball too long, trying to 'make a play' when he will banged up again and that's when the logic of bringing in Smith comes into focus.

Comment

• Watching Allbright on the nightly Bronco show and he brings up a good point that the players seem to like and support Lock which they probably wouldn't do if they didn't think he is/could be a good QB.

There aren't a lot of options left. We can call SF about Garoppolo. I doubt they want to trade him but he may want to be traded if they draft a QB. There are other issues, like his health.

Alex Smith would probably be pretty cheap. Bridgewater seems like a fit because of his history with Paton and Shurmur, but there would need to be something done about his cap hit.

Of these 3, Garoppolo has a history of injuries and Alex Smith and Bridgewater both had devastating, life-threatening injuries. And I'm not sure Smith or Bridgewater really match Fanio's desire to stretch the field.

At this point in time I'd get Bridewater or Smith, in that order, and then draft one of the second tier QBs like Mond or Trask. I'm really intrigued by Davis Mills but have it seems he is getting a lot of attention lately and I've even seen speculation someone will draft him late in the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by welderhead View Post
                    Lock and Rypien make a pretty good pair to start a season. Particularly if we draft some help in the OL. However, Lock will hold on to the ball too long, trying to 'make a play' when he will banged up again and that's when the logic of bringing in Smith comes into focus.
                    Another "Lock's a loser fan" who thinks their crystal ball is spot on accurate.

Hopefully Lock and the rest of the Bronco offense will force you to return here to enjoy some well deserved CROW.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney

whats the point again of keeping a 5-6 win team together?
                      How do you mean? I am not understanding your question?
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

How do you mean? I am not understanding your question?
                        Looks like we lost some dialogue in between. Trying to decipher what this could mean as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by welderhead View Post
                          Lock and Rypien make a pretty good pair to start a season. Particularly if we draft some help in the OL. However, Lock will hold on to the ball too long, trying to 'make a play' when he will banged up again and that's when the logic of bringing in Smith comes into focus.
                          The injury he received that knocked him out of the regular season happened because a defender exploded through our weak-as-tissue-paper Offensive Line. Here, watch a defender blow past our RT in less than two seconds and then see Lock get plowed from behind while trying to avoid the initial pressure:

Upon Edit: Youtube won't allow the video to be displayed here and redirects to a different video. Here is what I was referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgvtHr3C-PM

We need a Right Tackle.
                          Last edited by listopencil; 04-14-2021, 04:46 PM.
                          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Initially I thought Wilkinson struggled with speed rushers, I don’t think that’s the case because he moves pretty well, maybe a little choppy but well enough to get the job done in terms of positioning. But good lord he’s almost standing straight up in the clip and his punch is at the top of the shoulder pads, Watt barely even lowered his head to get under and around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              Initially I thought Wilkinson struggled with speed rushers, I don’t think that’s the case because he moves pretty well, maybe a little choppy but well enough to get the job done in terms of positioning. But good lord he’s almost standing straight up in the clip and his punch is at the top of the shoulder pads, Watt barely even lowered his head to get under and around him.
                              Who?
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I would see if SF is willing to part with J Garoppolo. I think he has the tools to start 67% comp and 2:`1 TD to INT ratio. We are one of the few teams that can absorb the contract into our salary cap. This would definitely improve the level of competition in the QB room, and if Lock wins the comp, then Jimmy cut next year = no cap stick.
                                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
                                X