Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I guess we can scratch Alex Smith off the list as he retired this morning.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
      I guess we can scratch Alex Smith off the list as he retired this morning.
      That completely sucks. Thought he was a reasonable choice.

      Broncos still need a vet QB IMO. It doesn’t matter if they choose to go with Lock or bring in the next boy wonder. They need a competent vet to assist.

      Smith was by far my preferred choice, now? Not a lot of options left.

      Comment


      • If the Broncos don't draft a QB, it's looking more like a trade for Bridgewater will probably happen.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
          If the Broncos don't draft a QB, it's looking more like a trade for Bridgewater will probably happen.
          That is just Gross.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
            If the Broncos don't draft a QB, it's looking more like a trade for Bridgewater will probably happen.
            Dislike this option so much.

            As it stands, Bridgewater is owed over $22m yr and will take a draft pick to acquire him. Depending on the round or if part of the contract is paid by the Panthers this could be a steep price for the role. I would not rate him as the consistent “ starter” that contract signifies.

            Problem is the Broncos have waited too long to address the free agent QB issue. I’m hoping there is another option they have in the works.

            Comment


            • Believe me, I don't want Bridgewater. Especially with the contract he has.

              I'd rather go with a rookie QB, myself.

              And I don't want Minshew either. I don't understand the hype he gets.

              Comment


              • I don’t think there’s any evidence to support the idea that a trade for Bridgewater is going to happen.

                It could happen, if Bridgewater is willing to renegotiate his contract and take less money. They could add incentives that recoup the money, if he wins the starting job.

                If Paton trades for that contract, he needs to be fired immediately.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                  That completely sucks. Thought he was a reasonable choice.

                  Broncos still need a vet QB IMO. It doesn’t matter if they choose to go with Lock or bring in the next boy wonder. They need a competent vet to assist.

                  Smith was by far my preferred choice, now? Not a lot of options left.
                  McCown, Hoyer, Bortles?
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                    Believe me, I don't want Bridgewater. Especially with the contract he has.

                    I'd rather go with a rookie QB, myself.

                    And I don't want Minshew either. I don't understand the hype he gets.


                    How about now?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post



                      How about now?
                      logged in just to quote this and say...
                      lol
                      well played sir
                      Glen Haven Fire

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                        McCown, Hoyer, Bortles?
                        As i stated, not a lot of options. Slim pickings at best.

                        Those 3 QBs and Gino Smith, Griffin III, M. Barkley, Winston, Gabbert, Mullins, McCarron are the most recognizable free agents left. Maybe a trade?

                        Maybe forget about a vet and just have the youngest QB room in the League by drafting one at some point and just rely on the coaches to mentor??

                        None of them are overly intriguing. Hope the FO and coaches have a plan.
                        .

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                          If the Broncos don't draft a QB, it's looking more like a trade for Bridgewater will probably happen.
                          I just threw-up in my mouth.
                          Utah Bronco Freak

                          Comment


                          • As a last resort I would sign Bortles. He at least made a recent AFC Championship game and would come at a fraction of the cost of Bridgewater and no draft pick to give up either. I always believed Trubisky would have been a serviceable backup QB and a contender in Buffalo obviously thought the same thing.
                            www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

                            Comment


                            • Kellen Mond 2nd Round imo.
                              sigpic WHEC-724

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post



                                How about now?
                                Good one.

                                But even his style isn't enough for me to want to trade for him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X