Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I just threw-up in my mouth.
    I took some Pepto as I typed it.... I don't want Bridgewater. Nothing against the guy but it doesn't help us at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
      Kellen Mond 2nd Round imo.
      Would love to get Mond. We would have to take him at #40 because he won't make it to the third round. He's moving up boards but I'd be fine with that.

A multiple year starter, playing in the SEC, has shown growth and improvement.... really like what he can bring.

Comment

• Prefer not using a high pick on a QB like Mond. A 2nd? Ouch!

Much prefer they use that 2nd or 3rd rd pick on another position. Like the OT or ILB they didn’t pick at #9. Or a Secondary player to fill the pipeline behind all the one year contracts. Even a RB would have a bigger impact. Adding a Harris or Williams with that 2nd over a QB like Mond, Newman, Trask or whatever QB project that is “ rising up the draft boards”.

Broncos have a project already in Lock. And a third string project in Rypien.

Or they might be drafting the next one at #9. Either way they need to be committed to a style or system and a FA vet that compliments the project they go with. Collecting project QBs with differing skill sets and a OC not really known for being innovative is a waste of assets IMO. Pick one and go with it. Adding a Duel threat QB to “compete” with Lock just makes them both look bad. And creates an unneeded QB controversy.

Bronco fans will pump up the Sloters of the world. Why waste a high pick on more instability?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

How about now?
          What's up with his 3 completely different hair styles all in one? And I think he's missing 2 or 3 buttons on his shirt.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            Prefer not using a high pick on a QB like Mond. A 2nd? Ouch!

Much prefer they use that 2nd or 3rd rd pick on another position. Like the OT or ILB they didn’t pick at #9. Or a Secondary player to fill the pipeline behind all the one year contracts. Even a RB would have a bigger impact. Adding a Harris or Williams with that 2nd over a QB like Mond, Newman, Trask or whatever QB project that is “ rising up the draft boards”.

Or they might be drafting the next one at #9. Either way they need to be committed to a style or system and a FA vet that compliments the project they go with. Collecting project QBs with differing skill sets and a OC not really known for being innovative is a waste of assets IMO. Pick one and go with it. Adding a Duel threat QB to “compete” with Lock just makes them both look bad. And creates an unneeded QB controversy.

Bronco fans will pump up the Sloters of the world. Why waste a high pick on more instability?
            i agree with not spending a 2nd on a qb.

however theres no qb controversy. only fans think and media think that. theres only a decision on whether to try and improve the qb situation or not from patons perspective. hardly a controversy
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

What's up with his 3 completely different hair styles all in one? And I think he's missing 2 or 3 buttons on his shirt.
              Scheme versatility. And I only see one missed button. The one on the bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                Prefer not using a high pick on a QB like Mond. A 2nd? Ouch!

I forgot to elaborate... I meant if we traded down in the first round and added some picks, I'd be ok taking Mond, as I'd prefer Mond over Bridgewater.

I only see Mac Jones being the only QB to possibly make it to #9 and I don't want him. I'd prefer to trade down.

The only QB worth trading up for is Fields but I believe he's going to San Francisco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Scheme versatility. And I only see one missed button. The one on the bottom.
                  Good one. I'm surprised he's even wearing a shirt.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

I forgot to elaborate... I meant if we traded down in the first round and added some picks, I'd be ok taking Mond, as I'd prefer Mond over Bridgewater.

I only see Mac Jones being the only QB to possibly make it to #9 and I don't want him. I'd prefer to trade down.

The only QB worth trading up for is Fields but I believe he's going to San Francisco.

I would take Mills over Mond. Mond has accuracy issues. Pretty much as bad as Lock. He got better his senior year but so did Lock. My guess is that he comes into the league and struggles to complete 60% of his passes. Might as well keep Lock.

I think the main reason we would move on from Lock is accuracy and decision making skills. Along with his terrible footwork (which some of it can be coached). Not sure Mond gives us potential upside on what we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by myoung View Post

I would take Mills over Mond. Mond has accuracy issues. Pretty much as bad as Lock. He got better his senior year but so did Lock. My guess is that he comes into the league and struggles to complete 60% of his passes. Might as well keep Lock.

I think the main reason we would move on from Lock is accuracy and decision making skills. Along with his terrible footwork (which some of it can be coached). Not sure Mond gives us potential upside on what we have.
                      I would prefer Mills over Mond too but I think someone will take him either at the end of the first round or top of the second.

I was just saying I'd would take Mond over Bridgewater.

I will say this for Mond, at least he's shown he can improve, as he did under Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M, unlike Lock, who has shown no improvement from his college days to now.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

I would prefer Mills over Mond too but I think someone will take him either at the end of the first round or top of the second.

I was just saying I'd would take Mond over Bridgewater.

I will say this for Mond, at least he's shown he can improve, as he did under Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M, unlike Lock, who has shown no improvement from his college days to now.
                        I will throw up if we sign Bridgewater.

I am not a Lock supporter, so please don’t read much into my comment. If we keep him next year I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

but I would argue that he did show improvement his senior year at Missouri. His accuracy climb was very similar to Monds.

I have no idea how Mond will perform at the next level but I hate how his ball flies on him way too often.

I also agree with you that his athleticism will get him drafted higher than I personally think he deserves. I am just not sold on it being first round. But I am often surprised at draft time. I hope the Raiders take him

Comment

• Originally posted by myoung View Post

I will throw up if we sign Bridgewater.

I am not a Lock supporter, so please don’t read much into my comment. If we keep him next year I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

but I would argue that he did show improvement his senior year at Missouri. His accuracy climb was very similar to Monds.

I have no idea how Mond will perform at the next level but I hate how his ball flies on him way too often.

I also agree with you that his athleticism will get him drafted higher than I personally think he deserves. I am just not sold on it being first round. But I am often surprised at draft time. I hope the Raiders take him

you lost me at not a Lock supporter. Hes our Qb . There's a difference in supporting and not thinking he's the future. I think some people want him to fail just so they can be right..

I support any player in a Bronco uniform

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

you lost me at not a Lock supporter. Hes our Qb . There's a difference in supporting and not thinking he's the future. I think some people want him to fail just so they can be right..

I support any player in a Bronco uniform
                            Should have read the whole post and some of my other posts before posting. I said, if we keep him I hope for the best but expect the worst. Just because I will cheer for every player on the team doesn’t mean I can’t hope for a change.

I also want the team to win more games!!!

Comment

• i almost want to see us sign bridgewater just to see how many of you throw up....

Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                                i almost want to see us sign bridgewater just to see how many of you throw up....
                                It would seriously annoy me because QB is our biggest problem and Bridgewater does absolutely nothing to help.

Bridgewater is not competition for a supposed franchise QB. Bridgewater is a backup. If he's competition for Lock, that tells you how bad Lock is, if there's a chance Bridgewater can possibly beat him out.

There's a reason that Minnesota and New Orleans moved on from him and why Carolina is looking to move on from him.

A move to get Bridgewater, or even someone like Minshew, would be yet another failure for this organization to adequately evaluate the QB position and make the right decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X