Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

We've discussed somewhere but Watson would be an ideal target....but the price will not be ideal. He is one of the best younger QBs, and will excel in some organizations. I'd love it, but like I say, for how much? 2 or 3 firsts...or combo thereof? I am cool with giving up our 1st, 3rd and a 1st next year. But if he is available, watch our for serious pursuers.
    They traded 2 1sts for Tunsil, an offensive lineman. A guy showing skills of an HOF QB is worth more, especially if he vaults the team into playoff contention, which the Denver offense might be capable of with all of their players healthy. Those future 1st round picks would be in the 20's with Watson on this offense. Trade Miller as the player they'd want in the deal. Watt just retired, didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

They traded 2 1sts for Tunsil, an offensive lineman. A guy showing skills of an HOF QB is worth more, especially if he vaults the team into playoff contention, which the Denver offense might be capable of with all of their players healthy. Those future 1st round picks would be in the 20's with Watson on this offense. Trade Miller as the player they'd want in the deal. Watt just retired, didn't he?
      Listen, if Watson was really within our grasp, I might be more open to increased trade capital....maybe to include a player. I hate giving up too many high picks, but pending the request, I am definitely interested!

Comment

Not sure I understand what you're saying. Is it they're trying to get too much, or that since it was speculation, a price wasn't discussed so they aren't selling? Sounds like there might be several teams in a better draft position than the Broncos who would want him. Since O'Brien's out, maybe his replacement might be interested?
        3 firsts and 3 2nd plus a player was speculation last i saw. there was nothing official saying thats what the texans wanted. i would be very suprised if a team gave up that kind of capital to do a trade. I also doubt that their newly hired gm would say that a day or so after being hired

no watt didnt retire unless it just happened.
        Last edited by armedequation; 01-07-2021, 04:14 PM.
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Listen, if Watson was really within our grasp, I might be more open to increased trade capital....maybe to include a player. I hate giving up too many high picks, but pending the request, I am definitely interested!
          We have a lot of good young pieces on offense. Giving up draft capital for a good, established, young QB that can put it all together on offense for us would be more than worth it.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

We have a lot of good young pieces on offense. Giving up draft capital for a good, established, young QB that can put it all together on offense for us would be more than worth it.
            its not so much the offense but more so the defensive side. broncos will have a total of 25 players in some state of free agency status and another 24 next year. Thats not including players that may be cut.
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

I don't really disagree. I'd love to have Watson! And yes, I might overpay a little if he is seriously available to us.

Comment

Now its nice to try and go after Watson I want him here. However I wonder what it does to Drew Lock should we be unsuccessful? I wonder how he would act after? In which case maybe he wants out of here or turns into a diva like Cutler did. So we would be treading in dangerous waters just because I don't think Lock could handle the fact that we were willing to replace him.
                :go:

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

we discussed this in another thread but they may as well say they arent shopping him....however that cost was pure speculation.
                  At the end of the day, the starting price is a starting price. Teams do it all the time where they try to ask for more than they'll actually accept, just to see what they could get. Test the market.
                  If Watson wants out, and they have to trade him, they could end up taking even less than we fans have said we'd give up. With the most common fan offer being 2021 1st, 2021 2nd & 3rd, some 2022 picks and Von.

That might settle for just a 1st this year and next year and Von. We don't know ,bc we aren't their front office. What we know is they'll ask for too much at first before negotiations drop that lower.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I’m not saying they wouldn’t be really bad but I doubt they’d be 0-16, they played the Jags twice, they probably at least split with them lol
                    If they didn't have Watson, both would be in that suck for Lawrence race, ended with the more winning team getting Fields or Wilson. lol
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

They’re not taking Miller unless he restructures his contract. That’s a 22.5 million dollar contract they’d be taking on in addition to the 5 mil or so they lose trading Watson and the dead cap they’d incur. They’re going to want Chubb at a minimum and probably a few other blue chip talents on rookie contracts.

If the cap is 175 mil next season, Houston is already 20 million over that
                      Last edited by beastlyskronk; 01-07-2021, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Also Watson has a no trade clause in his contract, so he would have to want to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

They’re not taking Miller unless he restructures his contract. That’s a 22.5 million dollar contract they’d be taking on in addition to the 5 mil or so they lose trading Watson and the dead cap they’d incur. They’re going to want Chubb at a minimum and probably a few other blue chip talents on rookie contracts.

If the cap is 175 mil next season, Houston is already 20 million over that
                          I could be assuming wrong, but I would think that the Broncos would eat a good portion of Miller's contract....kinda like how they're paying ex coaches after they're gone. Denver's cap space this year is supposed to be around 30 million. Maybe they could pay for 80% of Miller? Is that allowable? Watson this upcoming year is $16M. And, don't the Broncos need about $6M for rookies from the draft? Maybe less, because they'd be giving up their 1st and 2nd rounders, which are the most expensive?

Comment

Heard one theory that a good trade for Watson would be straight up to the Jags for the #1 pick this year. They might have to give up a bit more, but with the prospect of Trevor Lawrence available, that might be very attractive to the Texans. They'd get a possible top 5 NFL QB with no big contract, which would free up a lot of money that franchise needs.

Comment

I could be assuming wrong, but I would think that the Broncos would eat a good portion of Miller's contract....kinda like how they're paying ex coaches after they're gone. Denver's cap space this year is supposed to be around 30 million. Maybe they could pay for 80% of Miller? Is that allowable? Watson this upcoming year is $16M. And, don't the Broncos need about $6M for rookies from the draft? Maybe less, because they'd be giving up their 1st and 2nd rounders, which are the most expensive?
                              Denver is only on the hook for Von’s bonus which is the 4 mil. Unless we restructure Von’s contract I don’t think we can pay more and if we have to restructure the contract, Von isn’t going to sign it to get sent to Houston no matter how much he loves Texas. It’s also a club option that has to be exercised by the first day of the league year which is March 17th and once it’s exercised he’s guaranteed an additional 7 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                                Now its nice to try and go after Watson I want him here. However I wonder what it does to Drew Lock should we be unsuccessful? I wonder how he would act after? In which case maybe he wants out of here or turns into a diva like Cutler did. So we would be treading in dangerous waters just because I don't think Lock could handle the fact that we were willing to replace him.
                                Who cares? If he’d be too fragile to handle being replaced, he’d be too fragile to be an NFL starter. If we don’t make any changes at QB this offseason, I trust Lock will be ready to work every day to improve his game and help the team.
                                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                                X