Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Who cares? If he’d be too fragile to handle being replaced, he’d be too fragile to be an NFL starter. If we don’t make any changes at QB this offseason, I trust Lock will be ready to work every day to improve his game and help the team.
    Sports is a business, if true feels some type of way he has himself to blame. He knows fans are over him. He knows the front office and coaches lost faith him in. He knows we will likely inquire available trades and free agents. He knows we will likely draft a QB. The writing is on the wall, the bed, the mirror, its tattoo'd on his skin. He knows. If Denver fails to get a QB view trade or FA, Lock should see it as a chance to prove himself, even if all he's proving it to is other teams who might sign him. Bc we all know what happens to Bronco QBs when we give up on them...nobody wants them.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I also like Watson a lot and he'd be #1 on my list. I wouldn't bring in anyone to compete with Lock though. They need to be clearly better and I'd look into trading up for Fields and maybe Zach Wilson, assuming Trevor Lawrence is "ungettable". I'd also consider Stafford if the price was right. I'm sure I'm leaving someone off but I'd explore these 4 QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        The Watson situation is one of those big brain football situations. Do you pull the trigger on giving up a first, a could mid rounders next season and an elite player for an established elite QB?
        Some people will look at that and be like "That's too much, we're giving away the future for one player." Sometimes to have to make those decisions on the potential that your future is the playoffs.
        You give up Von for an Elite QB, Denver goes from a rebuilding team to a playoff team in one move. Now playoff team could simply mean 9-7 not 12-4. But you'd be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't think Denver has a better roster than the Texans.
        Others would say that a QB that this year with what is a team with good defensive talent you have 4 wins (two over the 1-15 Jaguars) does not really make a grat argument for him being the only missing piece to even compete for winning our division. Watson's results vs stats reeks of empty stats exactly the same way we had with 2007 and 2008 Jay Cutler.

It just reeks flash without substance, and it would be silly to replace one QB that cannot win games with another one.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Others would say that a QB that this year with what is a team with good defensive talent you have 4 wins (two over the 1-15 Jaguars) does not really make a grat argument for him being the only missing piece to even compete for winning our division. Watson's results vs stats reeks of empty stats exactly the same way we had with 2007 and 2008 Jay Cutler.

It just reeks flash without substance, and it would be silly to replace one QB that cannot win games with another one.
          They did take his #1 receiver and trade him. With the weapons here and a fresh start i feel Watson could easily give us an extra 5 wins. I think Lock was 1-5 in the division. I think Watson would make us a true threat in the division. I do worry about the OL ours isn't as good but Watson has good escape ability in the pocket so maybe our online won't hinder him as much.

I think about the Kc playoff game he had. He was balling against them for a half. Then that second half happened where his d let down...well he did too but when Watson is on his A game he's pretty good. I'd say we would have the 2nd best qb in the division. I just think him and Sutton would do wonders together. Its all about the asking price for me. You have to give this franchise a rejuvenation spark and this is it.
          :go:

Comment

I don't like the "Selling the Farm" approach.
            If you can get a reasonably good trade, then I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

They did take his #1 receiver and trade him. With the weapons here and a fresh start i feel Watson could easily give us an extra 5 wins. I think Lock was 1-5 in the division. I think Watson would make us a true threat in the division. I do worry about the OL ours isn't as good but Watson has good escape ability in the pocket so maybe our online won't hinder him as much.

I think about the Kc playoff game he had. He was balling against them for a half. Then that second half happened where his d let down...well he did too but when Watson is on his A game he's pretty good. I'd say we would have the 2nd best qb in the division. I just think him and Sutton would do wonders together. Its all about the asking price for me. You have to give this franchise a rejuvenation spark and this is it.
              Taking his #1 receiver is really an excuse. Look at the likes of Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Russel Wilson.... who are all the reason that the receivers are great. Look at Peyton in Denver - DT was very rough at his route tree before Manning. In 2011 DT ran deep or he ran around until Tebow found him. Manning took him in and taught him how to communicate his breaks and how to go from physically gifted to great.

Watson obviously does not have the ability to make the team around him better. I'd take an Alex Smith type that wins ugly any day over a Watson type that looses pretty. Very different players but Kyle Orton was an expert at loosing pretty, and so is Lock.

We need MILE HIGH MAGIC and that comes from gritty play where you succeed in the end.

Comment

I think I'd prefer to get Stafford or maybe even Fitzpatrick than Watson. Watson is fantastic but the other two are still playing good enough to make us contenders for much cheaper while developing a young QB behind them

Comment

It boggles my mind that one of the greatest QB's ever couldn't find a good to great starter in five years. I really can't explain it. Maybe they should've looked deeper for a QB when Peyton was on his last legs.

The problem we have is that a once in a generation type QB is in our division. A guy who
                  could have 4 MVP's before age 30. Likely to break every record imaginable.

And Herbert looks to be a great one too.

That's tough to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBrennan89 View Post
                    It boggles my mind that one of the greatest QB's ever couldn't find a good to great starter in five years. I really can't explain it. Maybe they should've looked deeper for a QB when Peyton was on his last legs.

The problem we have is that a once in a generation type QB is in our division. A guy who
                    could have 4 MVP's before age 30. Likely to break every record imaginable.

And Herbert looks to be a great one too.

That's tough to overcome.
                    ok who then

in 20`16 we drafted 31st, and traded up for PL...in the end there was one starting caliber QB in that draft. dak prescott
                    in 2017 we drafted at 20, the only two qbs was the virtually unknown Mahomes at 10 and watson at 12...
                    2018 we picked 5th, but cleveland at #1 took mayfield, jets took darnold, and we could have had Allen ....but aside from a few us us here, Allen was despised on this board as a surefire bust, a few of us hoped for allen, but again he was hated by most as a wasted pick if we did...we could have taken lamar also, although taking him at #5 was considered a huge reach
                    2019, we were never getting Murrey, is daniel jones a franchise? haskins has already been cut ,

people act like its easy to get a franchise, some teams luck out, like indy when manning was out, and got andrew luck with the first overall pick
                    or the chargers who let rivers walk, and just sat at six knowing they would get either tua, or herbert without lifting a finger
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Taking his #1 receiver is really an excuse. Look at the likes of Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Russel Wilson.... who are all the reason that the receivers are great.
                      Davante Adams isn't great because of Aaron Rodgers. Robert Tonyan is good because of Aaron Rodgers. Those are great players, great wide outs. Using your logic every wide out should be great as long as they have an elite QB.
                      Which isn't true...Allen Lazard is below average. Valdez Scantling still looks like a bad pick and can't catch a paper bag. Hell the Packers in general outside of Adams and Tonyan, have wide outs with dropping issues and all of them are meh. But with you logic, with Rodgers at QB, every single one should be great.

Mike Evans was great before Brady got to Tampa. Antonio Brown was great without Brady. Gronk would be great without Brady.
                      DK Metcalf would be a stud regardless of who threw him the ball.

Michael Thomas would be great without Brees.

Hell Larry Fitzgerald has only had one above average QB(Warner) in his career, and he's considered one of the best ever to play the position.
                      Waton's former target still had a solid season with a rookie QB.

You probably don't even mean to, but this part of your post makes it sound like there are no elite wide outs, just bums who got made to look good by their QB but only if that QB was a hall of famer.

Even without his main target, Watson was still one of the 4 best QBs during the season(Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen ahead of him)...and that good defensive talent you mentioned didn't really exist. Watson plays offense...he can't stop teams from scoring almost 30 points per game.(Texans allowed 29 per game) Texans are the 27th ranked defense.(Denver 25th).

Cutler isn't Watson and that's just a random comparison. Nobody ever thought Jay was elite.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• I've been an NFL fan since 1955 & a Bronco fan for 25+ yrs. You don't roll the dice & our future to grab Watson, Stafford or anyone. You don't give up our future to move up 5 spots unless it's a sure thing & it never is. You try to get someone like Gardner Minshew who is far better than Lock & likely to be cut AND you pick up a RGIII or Fitzpatrick etc to be a quality backup vs Rypien or Driscoll.
                        Bronco Bob

Comment

Do you watch football? I'm not even being funny anymore im be very serious. Do you watch the game of football? You do know its a team sport. You do realize he can't play defense? You are trying to compare lock to Watson?????
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

ok who then

in 20`16 we drafted 31st, and traded up for PL...in the end there was one starting caliber QB in that draft. dak prescott
                            in 2017 we drafted at 20, the only two qbs was the virtually unknown Mahomes at 10 and watson at 12...
                            2018 we picked 5th, but cleveland at #1 took mayfield, jets took darnold, and we could have had Allen ....but aside from a few us us here, Allen was despised on this board as a surefire bust, a few of us hoped for allen, but again he was hated by most as a wasted pick if we did...we could have taken lamar also, although taking him at #5 was considered a huge reach
                            2019, we were never getting Murrey, is daniel jones a franchise? haskins has already been cut ,

people act like its easy to get a franchise, some teams luck out, like indy when manning was out, and got andrew luck with the first overall pick
                            or the chargers who let rivers walk, and just sat at six knowing they would get either tua, or herbert without lifting a finger
                            Interesting you mention Daniel Jones, he might also be on a prove it season in 2021. He has not looked good at all, and like with Lock, the blame has been put on Shumur, as well for 2020, people give him a break bc NY lost Saquon for the season.

It's easy for us to in hindsight say Elway couldn't get it right, ignoring how rare it is to find a franchise guy. Hell the Broncos next franchise guy could be someone a team gives up on like Sam Darnold, we don't know if the Jets will keep him or gamble on whichever QB Jags don't take. Which is likely what Fangio, Elway, and the future GM will talk about. Sell the farm for Watson or just a 2nd and maybe a average tier player for Darnold, and just draft BPA at 9 or massive need at 9.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

ok who then

I don't think that anyone think that it is easy to find a franchise QB - whatever that really is.
                              The thing is that Elway has been firing blanks. Siemian was not drafted to be a starter, and along with Tebow he is the only young QB to have a winning record for us during Elway's tenure. Aside from not being able to draft a QB that even come close to these two in results, we have also gone through two HC's that do/did not seem to be up to the job, Vance Joseph recently came out to nfl.com and told that it was not his fault, that the Broncos management were horrible and the talent ditto.
                              The fact is that the only decisions that has worked is getting Manning, building a great defense and firing Fox/getting Kubes. Outside of that comfort zone Elway has not done well.

Comment

Taking his #1 receiver is really an excuse. Look at the likes of Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Russel Wilson.... who are all the reason that the receivers are great. Look at Peyton in Denver - DT was very rough at his route tree before Manning. In 2011 DT ran deep or he ran around until Tebow found him. Manning took him in and taught him how to communicate his breaks and how to go from physically gifted to great.

Watson obviously does not have the ability to make the team around him better. I'd take an Alex Smith type that wins ugly any day over a Watson type that looses pretty. Very different players but Kyle Orton was an expert at loosing pretty, and so is Lock.

We need MILE HIGH MAGIC and that comes from gritty play where you succeed in the end.
                                Lmao, you are comical. Do you do stand up? Where can I buy some tickets? He lead the league in passing over all those guys you named...look at his TD to int....he has no oline, no wrs, no run game, and no def at all.....I dont care if Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees or Russell was on that team NONE of them would have done any better.
                                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                                X