Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Vance Joseph recently came out to nfl.com and told that it was not his fault, that the Broncos management were horrible and the talent ditto.
    .
    Bronco fans wont admit it, but Vance isn't wrong. Vance himself isn't a bad coach, he has time management issues, which could've been offset with an NFL head coach experience coordinator by his side and/or a veteran QB to help him out. Vance was kinda set up to fail with no real potential to learn to be a NFL head coach. I've posted the stats and backgrounds before, but to quickly rundown again, when you compare the successful inexperience head coaches in the league, they all have the same things in common.
    A good veteran offensive coordinator, a good veteran defensive coordinator, and a stud QB. Neither Vance nor Vic had any of those things.
    Also notable is those same inexperienced head coaches are offensive minded coaches...Vance and Vic, both defensive. That's Elway's issue with decision making, going to back to back defensive minded head coaches, when Offense is the team's problem, not defense.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

      I don't think that anyone think that it is easy to find a franchise QB - whatever that really is.
      The thing is that Elway has been firing blanks. Siemian was not drafted to be a starter, and along with Tebow he is the only young QB to have a winning record for us during Elway's tenure. Aside from not being able to draft a QB that even come close to these two in results, we have also gone through two HC's that do/did not seem to be up to the job, Vance Joseph recently came out to nfl.com and told that it was not his fault, that the Broncos management were horrible and the talent ditto.
      The fact is that the only decisions that has worked is getting Manning, building a great defense and firing Fox/getting Kubes. Outside of that comfort zone Elway has not done well.
      and again other then josh allen who this board hated, or over reaching at 5 for lamar...what franchise qb did we legitimately have a chance to land in the draft
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

      Comment


      • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

        Interesting you mention Daniel Jones, he might also be on a prove it season in 2021. He has not looked good at all, and like with Lock, the blame has been put on Shumur, as well for 2020, people give him a break bc NY lost Saquon for the season.

        It's easy for us to in hindsight say Elway couldn't get it right, ignoring how rare it is to find a franchise guy. Hell the Broncos next franchise guy could be someone a team gives up on like Sam Darnold, we don't know if the Jets will keep him or gamble on whichever QB Jags don't take. Which is likely what Fangio, Elway, and the future GM will talk about. Sell the farm for Watson or just a 2nd and maybe a average tier player for Darnold, and just draft BPA at 9 or massive need at 9.
        i think schumer was the biggest factor in locks lack of improvment...that rookie qb with a weeks worth of practice during the season and came in with five games to go looked like the future under scrangrello

        that same qb looked lost, uncoached and in a system that didnt seem suited for him a few months later...im a bit befuddled on him now

        today i looked back at what his scouting report said and seen this by Charlie casserly

        Strengths:
        • Firehose for a right arm
        • Can throw a hard fastball into tight windows
        • Good size, build
        • Can push the ball downfield
        • Throws a good deep ball
        • Able to loft in touch passes
        • Above-average accuracy
        • Stands tall in the pocket
        • Moves his eyes
        • Works through his progression
        • Can throw receivers open
        • Doesn't miss open receivers
        • Shows good timing
        • Anticipation
        • Good athlete
        • Has more mobility than many realize
        • Good size for an NFL starting quarterback
        • Lots of upside
        Weaknesses:
        • Slightly smaller hands (9 inches)
        • Needs to improve footwork
        • Revolving coaching door led to lack of some basic development
        • Needs to improve decision-making
        • Trusts his arm too much
        • Will throw into coverage that he shouldn't
        Lock is a gunslinger-style quarterback who has a big arm with the ability to throw any pass. His powerful arm allows him to fire the ball into tight windows for completions as the velocity of his throws is capable of beating coverage. He throws the ball well downfield and shows timing and anticipation. Along with his arm, Lock is a better athlete than one would expect. Scouts say that comes across the more one watches him, and his athleticism is a surprising plus for the big-armed quarterback. Lock also has above-average accuracy and showed improvement as a senior. He can throw receivers open and doesn't miss open receivers. His field vision is advanced, too, as he moves his eyes to work through progressions and does not lock onto his primary target.

        (
        he struggled with this this year under schumer, where he didnt in 2019)

        There are a number of things that Lock needs to improve upon for the NFL. He suffers from what I call "big-arm syndrome," meaning he can have some flaws in decision-making because he trusts his arm too much. ( we seen this as the offense floundered he pushed to make plays)

        That led to him throwing some passes he shouldn't into coverage. Lock also could use some tutoring and mentoring because he was not coached up at Missouri. The Tigers had a revolving door at offensive coordinator, and sources say there are some basic things that Lock needs to pick up. However, they say he is smart and picked things up fast at the Senior Bowl. Sources say that of all the potential first-round quarterbacks in the 2019 NFL Draft, Lock has received the least amount of coaching and development. ( and it doesn't seem like he got much coaching this year either)

        Team sources say that on top of liking Lock's skill set and intelligence, they like his swagger and the confidence he brings to the field. They say that there is a lot to work with and feel that Lock has a lot of upside for the NFL. He's a big kid with a firehose for an arm and is smart, confident and athletic. Sources say Lock is also a good basketball player, which illustrates his athletic ability. Lock is a very talented player, and as a result, he looks like a safe bet to be a top-20 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.



        so was it schumer and a lack of coaching? or just lock
        Last edited by arapaho; 01-08-2021, 12:07 PM.
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

        Comment


        • Originally posted by arapaho View Post

          i think schumer was the biggest factor in locks lack of improvment...that rookie qb with a weeks worth of practice during the season and came in with five games to go looked like the future under scrangrello

          that same qb looked lost, uncoached and in a system that didnt seem suited for him a few months later...im a bit befuddled on him now
          so was it schumer and a lack of coaching? or just lock
          I've read that before in my own research into Lock few months ago. It is a good thing to wonder if Shurmur has been the issue with Lock, and it's well known that even in college he didn't have consistency. I said before that Lock ceiling is Jay Cutler. But he can't even achieve that ceiling on this team, because he can't progress under Shurmur. We screwed Lock when Scrangrello was fired, even if some here feel that Rich wasn't all that good, Lock looked better under him, and that consistency going into 2020 would have been good for Lock. So I say again that Lock didn't fail the Broncos, the Broncos failed Lock. He might have been better if a different team with more consistency and an offensive mind drafted him.


          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

          Comment


          • We still need to draft mid-round quarterbacks and maybe find a diamond in the rough. Until then Drew Lock will get better and better.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by arapaho View Post

              and again other then josh allen who this board hated, or over reaching at 5 for lamar...what franchise qb did we legitimately have a chance to land in the draft
              Yep, I have been saying this for quite some time. I don't think Lock has it. I am from Wyoming I was one of the guys saying Josh Allen, super talented, but has way too many iffy decision making skills to be a guarantee franchise QB. He got tons better.

              I didn't think Lamar could adapt to the NFL this well, he still isn't an amazing passer, but he has proved me wrong. We had an outside chance at Donald, Rosen, Haskins, Jalen Hurts. None of those are set in stone there for a franchise QB. Mahomes was long gone by our choice that year. Also name me 1 Texas Tech QB that played well in the NFL before that.

              Denver needs to get this next one right.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                Lmao, you are comical. Do you do stand up? Where can I buy some tickets? He lead the league in passing over all those guys you named...look at his TD to int....he has no oline, no wrs, no run game, and no def at all.....I dont care if Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees or Russell was on that team NONE of them would have done any better.
                As usual you love stats, and love to blow your own horn!
                Aside from Brees 2003 season none of the QBs listed have been less successful during a season, and it is winning that matters, and you can throw all the stats and excuses in you want. Teams with good leadership fights for each other, and obviously the Texans players do not fight for Watson.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  Bronco fans wont admit it, but Vance isn't wrong. Vance himself isn't a bad coach, he has time management issues, which could've been offset with an NFL head coach experience coordinator by his side and/or a veteran QB to help him out. Vance was kinda set up to fail with no real potential to learn to be a NFL head coach. I've posted the stats and backgrounds before, but to quickly rundown again, when you compare the successful inexperience head coaches in the league, they all have the same things in common.
                  A good veteran offensive coordinator, a good veteran defensive coordinator, and a stud QB. Neither Vance nor Vic had any of those things.
                  Also notable is those same inexperienced head coaches are offensive minded coaches...Vance and Vic, both defensive. That's Elway's issue with decision making, going to back to back defensive minded head coaches, when Offense is the team's problem, not defense.
                  I have never seen a Broncos HC be as totally lost at games speed as Vance Joseph. He had absolutely no ability to make adjustments.
                  Thus far he has no results neither as a DC or as a HC that give him - or your claims any validity.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                    As usual you love stats, and love to blow your own horn!
                    Aside from Brees 2003 season none of the QBs listed have been less successful during a season, and it is winning that matters, and you can throw all the stats and excuses in you want. Teams with good leadership fights for each other, and obviously the Texans players do not fight for Watson.
                    That sounds very crazy. If a defense is not good its bc of the qb and they not fighting hard for him???? That sound stupid.

                    all of those teams have overall more talent than the texans have. Manning have wrs and t.e. and good def..
                    Brady pretty much always had a good def and online...Russel wasn't cooking when he won the sb...they were known for def.
                    Rodgers I think he had maybe 2 or 3 thousand yards wrs when he won.... it is a team game...so by what you are saying.

                    They were a playoff team last year they beat Buffalo and went up on k.c 24 pts....

                    Matt Ryan sucks
                    Matt Stafford sucks
                    Justin Herbert sucks
                    Dak Prescott sucks
                    Kirk cousin sucks
                    Joe Burrow sucks
                    kyler Murray sucks
                    Drew lock sucks and should be traded.

                    You make no sense at all. Every game is not won and lost base on the qb...

                    So if your qb throws 350 yrds 4 tds and 0 and the def all over 500 yds and give us 42...its the qb fault they lost?????....Im not saying nothing else to you until you answer my question.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                      That sounds very crazy. If a defense is not good its bc of the qb and they not fighting hard for him???? That sound stupid.

                      all of those teams have overall more talent than the texans have. Manning have wrs and t.e. and good def..
                      Brady pretty much always had a good def and online...Russel wasn't cooking when he won the sb...they were known for def.
                      Rodgers I think he had maybe 2 or 3 thousand yards wrs when he won.... it is a team game...so by what you are saying.

                      They were a playoff team last year they beat Buffalo and went up on k.c 24 pts....

                      Matt Ryan sucks
                      Matt Stafford sucks
                      Justin Herbert sucks
                      Dak Prescott sucks
                      Kirk cousin sucks
                      Joe Burrow sucks
                      kyler Murray sucks
                      Drew lock sucks and should be traded.

                      You make no sense at all. Every game is not won and lost base on the qb...

                      So if your qb throws 350 yrds 4 tds and 0 and the def all over 500 yds and give us 42...its the qb fault they lost?????....Im not saying nothing else to you until you answer my question.
                      Maybe you shouldn't bang your head into asphalt as often!
                      There is a wild difference between winning 4 in a row at the end of your rookie season while setting NFL all time records as Herbert, and posting a 4 win season in you 3rd year and having people ACTUALLY thinking that giving up our next three drafts for Watson is smart!
                      YOU might not know this but by the 3rd season a QB really should be in his prime.
                      Yes it is a team game, but please tell where you think Tampa Bay would be today if Cam Newton was their QB instead of Tom Brady. Do you REALLY think that Patriots would be a 7 win team with Brady?
                      You probably do not realise but there is a huge difference between a single game and a season, and there is an even greater difference between winning in the post season and winning over the 1-15 Jaguars twice.
                      Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 01-09-2021, 10:17 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                        Maybe you shouldn't bang your head into asphalt as often!
                        There is a wild difference between winning 4 in a row at the end of your rookie season while setting NFL all time records as Herbert, and posting a 4 win season in you 3rd year and having people ACTUALLY thinking that giving up our next three drafts for Watson is smart!
                        YOU might not know this but by the 3rd season a QB really should be in his prime.
                        Yes it is a team game, but please tell where you think Tampa Bay would be today if Cam Newton was their QB instead of Tom Brady. Do you REALLY think that Patriots would be a 7 win team with Brady?
                        You probably do not realise but there is a huge difference between a single game and a season, and there is an even greater difference between winning in the post season and winning over the 1-15 Jaguars twice.
                        Maybe you shouldn't have been dropped on you head. Nobody asked what lock did the year before last....if you gonna say that Watson went into the second round of the playoffs. Rather you like it by far Watson is top 5 qb in this nfl period.
                        yes I'm one of those people that would give up 3 1st for him in a heart beat.. if he was not special about him would he command such a hall????

                        Mile high huddle host had he would give up 4 lock and like a 3rd for him.

                        You can say what you want and down play how GREAT of a qb he is.

                        Now some may not agree to give up that much on this board. I been on Chicago, Detroit, s.f. falcons, and Carolina board and you know whats funny.....they are over there says 3 or 4 first round and how bad they would want him...

                        I'm not gonna entertain you trying to say a 3 time consecutive pro bowl qb is no a difference maker....Broncos would be lucky to have him....if he was our qb 6 more wins easily.
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                          I have never seen a Broncos HC be as totally lost at games speed as Vance Joseph. He had absolutely no ability to make adjustments.
                          Thus far he has no results neither as a DC or as a HC that give him - or your claims any validity.
                          He has only been the head coach of one team, a team that sucked and continues to be a mess. If you expected a first year head coach of a bad team to have success and look experienced, you're delusional.
                          Cardinals went from one of the worst defensive teams in the NFL to top 10 total defense this season with Vance as DC and even his final season with Denver the broncos had a top 13 defense.
                          In comparison Denver 2020 defense is ranked 25th. Was only 10th in 2019, 3 teams higher than Vance final season with Denver.

                          So for your to say he has no results is pretty dumb. Even his first year as a defensive coordinator had the Dolphins as one of the top turnover teams. That's 3 out of 5 seasons of success on defense. With his only bad seasons being his first with Denver.(23rd ranked) and his first with the Cardinals(28th) which he flipped into a top 10 defense this season.

                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                            I realize this won’t be popular or realistic, but I will take a stab:

                            I would trade for Deshaun Watson. It would probably take multiple picks (including our 1st) but Houston will be hiring a new head coach and will want to overhaul their roster.

                            I have liked Watson since his college days. He can beat you with his arm and his legs. I don’t think the Broncos will be in a position to draft one of the top 3 quarterbacks and the FA quarterbacks are not impressive. He brings the athleticism and skills needed in today’s NFL.
                            and he is unhappy in Houston. Broncos need to make this happen. Here’s the opportunity right now. Watson is still young and has his best years ahead of him.


                            https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...e-per-reports/
                            Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Safety View Post

                              and he is unhappy in Houston. Broncos need to make this happen. Here’s the opportunity right now. Watson is still young and has his best years ahead of him.


                              https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...e-per-reports/
                              the kicker again......whats different in denver then in houston?

                              Watson would need to receive the Manning treatment from the start for this to happen. Name your coach, oc and receivers you want to play with from the start....
                              Last edited by rst08tierney; 01-09-2021, 12:52 PM.

                              Comment


                              • It would be something if we could get a 25 year old star QB. But I think its more of a Pipe Dream at this point.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X