Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Maybe you shouldn't have been dropped on you head. Nobody asked what lock did the year before last....if you gonna say that Watson went into the second round of the playoffs. Rather you like it by far Watson is top 5 qb in this nfl period.
    yes I'm one of those people that would give up 3 1st for him in a heart beat.. if he was not special about him would he command such a hall????

Mile high huddle host had he would give up 4 lock and like a 3rd for him.

You can say what you want and down play how GREAT of a qb he is.

Now some may not agree to give up that much on this board. I been on Chicago, Detroit, s.f. falcons, and Carolina board and you know whats funny.....they are over there says 3 or 4 first round and how bad they would want him...

I'm not gonna entertain you trying to say a 3 time consecutive pro bowl qb is no a difference maker....Broncos would be lucky to have him....if he was our qb 6 more wins easily.
    Three 1sts is a steep price so I checked all the Broncos first round picks in history in a hypothetical trade for Watson.

There is only one set of three straight first rounders I'd have to think about:
    Otis Armstrong
    Gradishar
    Louis Wright

IMO, these are the best 3 consecutive first round picks in Broncos history and I think I'd still trade them for Watson. However, if my calculations are correct, there are 57 other consecutive trios that don't come close, except maybe one or two others.

If history is any judge, I'd say 3 picks for Watson is a good gamble. I may try to give something like Lock and AOK plus two firsts, but the market will set the value and I'll bet it will be pretty high.

Which 2 or 3 CONSECUTIVE first rounders would you all trade/not trade for Watson?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nd_draft_picks

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Three 1sts is a steep price so I checked all the Broncos first round picks in history in a hypothetical trade for Watson.

Otis Armstrong
      Gradishar
      Louis Wright

IMO, these are the best 3 consecutive first round picks in Broncos history and I think I'd still trade them for Watson. However, if my calculations are correct, there are 57 other consecutive trios that don't come close, except maybe one or two others.

If history is any judge, I'd say 3 picks for Watson is a good gamble. I may try to give something like Lock and AOK plus two firsts, but the market will set the value and I'll bet it will be pretty high.

Which 2 or 3 CONSECUTIVE first rounders would you all trade/not trade for Watson?
      interesting way of putting it in context. especially in the broncos situation where its been 5 years since having "the" qb
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

He has only been the head coach of one team, a team that sucked and continues to be a mess. If you expected a first year head coach of a bad team to have success and look experienced, you're delusional.
        Cardinals went from one of the worst defensive teams in the NFL to top 10 total defense this season with Vance as DC and even his final season with Denver the broncos had a top 13 defense.
        In comparison Denver 2020 defense is ranked 25th. Was only 10th in 2019, 3 teams higher than Vance final season with Denver.

So for your to say he has no results is pretty dumb. Even his first year as a defensive coordinator had the Dolphins as one of the top turnover teams. That's 3 out of 5 seasons of success on defense. With his only bad seasons being his first with Denver.(23rd ranked) and his first with the Cardinals(28th) which he flipped into a top 10 defense this season.
        Taking over a 9-7 team one year removed from a SB win behind one of the best defensive teams of all time, and with a 25 year old QB with an upward trend is considered a team that "sucked", and turning that into a 5-11 team has to be blamed on everyone but the new coaching staff - Brilliant!

It works to cherry pick stats, but his job as a HC was an absolute disaster and there waqs not a single area in which the 2018 Broncos was better than the 2016 ditto.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Otis Armstrong
          Gradishar
          Louis Wright

Dennis Smith, Gerald Wilhite, and Chris Hinton *cough* Elway *cough*... Assuming Hinton = Elway.

But yeah, very few hits, fewer 2 in a row... Mobley-Pryce is good, so is Bolles-Chubb. Gradishar-Wright is still the best duo, with Armstrong trio.
          Last edited by jdhdiggs; 01-11-2021, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• 1 Gardner Minshew for a '21 4th and '22 5th (Trading Patrick after tender for either a 4th or 5th and future pick)
            2 Explore what it would take to get Watson
            3 If Parsons is off the board and one of Fields or Wilson are still on the board at 6, explore a trade up
            4 Fields or Wilson at 9 if one of the two is still on the board
            5 Mac Jones or Trey Lance if, by some miracle, one of them is still on the board at 71.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
              1 Gardner Minshew for a '21 4th and '22 5th (Trading Patrick after tender for either a 4th or 5th and future pick)
              2 Explore what it would take to get Watson
              3 If Parsons is off the board and one of Fields or Wilson are still on the board at 6, explore a trade up
              4 Fields or Wilson at 9 if one of the two is still on the board
              5 Mac Jones or Trey Lance if, by some miracle, one of them is still on the board at 71.
              Heard the Jags are requesting a high second for Minshews mustache alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Heard the Jags are requesting a high second for Minshews mustache alone.
                They're nuts, if true. He's not Rosen, who was a relatively high 1st rounder, and only played one season. He's a former 6th rounder, and they benched him, tank or no, for Mike Glennon. The Jags have shown very little interest in supporting Minshew or want for moving forward with him at any point. McCarron was had for a 5th rounder. Bridgewater, Tyrod, and Alex Smith were established vets and were had for 3rd rounders (They added K Fuller in the Smith trade, so little higher value). Go ahead and let him sit behind Lawrence, and watch that situation blow up in your face. lol.

At the end of the day, I would consider a third rounder, and something minor (later pick or player) packaged with Minshew in return. And this is only because I believe in him. His value will be determined by his demand, at the end of the day. A team like SF or Pittsburgh may have interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

They're nuts, if true. He's not Rosen, who was a relatively high 1st rounder, and only played one season. He's a former 6th rounder, and they benched him, tank or no, for Mike Glennon. The Jags have shown very little interest in supporting Minshew or want for moving forward with him at any point. McCarron was had for a 5th rounder. Bridgewater, Tyrod, and Alex Smith were established vets and were had for 3rd rounders (They added K Fuller in the Smith trade, so little higher value). Go ahead and let him sit behind Lawrence, and watch that situation blow up in your face. lol.

At the end of the day, I would consider a third rounder, and something minor (later pick or player) packaged with Minshew in return. And this is only because I believe in him. His value will be determined by his demand, at the end of the day. A team like SF or Pittsburgh may have interest.
                  I would take Minshew.

Comment

• Schelfer just reported that Watson has no plans to return to Houston. Make it happen, Paton!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bozack View Post
                      Schelfer just reported that Watson has no plans to return to Houston. Make it happen, Paton!
                      I second this motion!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post

I second this motion!!!
                        I third forth, fifth-million that motion.
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• I think Watson coming to Denver is a Pipe Dream, He probably wants to go to the 49ers?
                          (I think Watson will go to Wherever he wants to go)

Comment

• I want to see to what we get with 2 yrs of consistancy when it comes to OC. Get Sutton back have some OTAs , mini camp and some pre season game snaps. If its status quo with Lock , then we move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              I think Watson coming to Denver is a Pipe Dream, He probably wants to go to the 49ers?
                              (I think Watson will go to Wherever he wants to go)

yeah I dont see it either . Gonna be very expensive. Watson is good but he's not worth that contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I third forth, fifth-million that motion.
                                I motion as well. With Watson, a playoff appearance next year is much more likely. Even Locks great games this year, he was still off on throws. And his best game (4 TD game) all came against the same CB, and was stated to be among the worst in the league right now.

Feels like we have a slightly more accurate Tebow. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X