No announcement yet.

which cb would you pick in first round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which cb would you pick in first round?

this is assuming all 3 are available which would you choose?

Patrick Surtain
    Caleb Farley
    jaycee horn

Farley opted out of playing this year due to covid. There have been talks about surtain maybe not being the guy to put on the other teams top wr. Some consider horn being the 3rd best out of the 3.

what are your thoughts?
    Glen Haven Fire

i really like Jaycee Horn. i think he is agonna be really good in the nfl and moving forward
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

None of them bc imo we have a bigger need elsewhere. Address cb in FA.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

this thread isnt about qb....thanks for the irrelevant post though. glad you felt the need to contribute

why would you take him over the others Kyo?
        Last edited by armedequation; 01-02-2021, 06:25 PM.
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Jaycee Horn for sure. I went back and watched more clips of him and he is a Fangio corner through and through. He has the instincts and click-and-close ability that would allow him to flourish in the off-man schemes that Fangio likes to run. Horn is a bigger, physical corner (and willing to tackle— very important for Fangio) with an NFL pedigree to boot. His ball skills are a thing of beauty. I honestly would not mind taking him in the 10-15 range.

Surtain has been the undisputed top guy for years now, but he may not reach us. Even if he does, I’m not necessarily sure if Fangio/Donatell would take him. He’s the best man coverage corner in the draft without a doubt, but does he check off all the boxes of a prototypical “Fangio” corner?
          https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
            this thread isnt about qb....thanks for the irrelevant post though. glad you felt the need to contribute

why would you take him over the others Kyo?
            he is the best tackler, he has top notch cover skills and i fully expect him to blow the combine out.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

What are the mocks saying about who would be available at our pick? I've seen a few sites pencil in Jayce Horn for us and they make him sound like an impact player, haven't heard as much about the others. So I'm leaning that way just because I have a pretty shallow understanding of the group right now. I'd like to see them go BPA in round one and OT (RT) in round two. If Horn is the BPA at a position of need for us in the first round then so be it.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

thanks kyo and HD

List I have seen them all at different places. usually surtain is first corner picked. I think for farley it will just depend on his combine as he opted out.

idieally we could trade back to around 15 or a little later and still get horn. I have seen him mocked in that range quite often. pick up a couple extra picks as who knows how many holes we will have come the offseason. seems like theres the potential to have quite a few spots to fill
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

All depends on today's game against the raiders. If Denver loses they could potentially fall all the way to number 5 (not likely) or climb to as high as 15. If Denver does lose I think they'll end up at 7. Is seven high enough for Surtain?? I would think so and that absolutely would be the guy I would want

Comment

thanks Jv

the one im curious about it farley. is he just that good to where he doesnt play in a year but still could go top ten? what a wierd year...
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Of those 3, probably Jaycee Horn. But I think the best value would definitely be Asante Samuel Jr. At worst I think he’s a great slot CB, at best I think he’s every bit as good as his dad but a 100x better tackler.

Comment

I have watched Jaycee Horn play for 3 seasons NOT a first round pick

Comment

Beast i would assume you mean get asante in the 2nd round. who would you take in the first then?

BFF, why is he not a first round pick? ive seen him mocked in the first by all mocks ive seen. Im genuinely curious, no sarcasm.
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                            Beast i would assume you mean get asante in the 2nd round. who would you take in the first then?

BFF, why is he not a first round pick? ive seen him mocked in the first by all mocks ive seen. Im genuinely curious, no sarcasm.
                            Yeah I’d love him in the 2nd maybe even trading back into the late 1st for him. As for who I’d take first, it depends, I’d love any of the OTs some more than others, or I think Micah Parsons would be amazing if still available.

Comment

If the Broncos go CB in the 1st, then the only 2 CBs I'd consider taking would be Caleb Farley and Jaycee Horn.

Farley opted out this year, so you have to go on last year's performance, which was very good. Big corner 6'2" 205. He came to Virginia Tech as a WR, but switched to CB 2 years ago, so he's still relatively new to the position. He's got the best ball skills of any other CB while the ball is in the air, and he's probably the best athelete of the bunch. He' rumored to have run in the 4.3s at VT. Athletic enough to play in any scheme.

Negatives are he's only played 2 years of CB, and he had an ACL tear 2 years ago.

Horn is also a bigger corner at 6'1" 200+ pounds. Very good at man coverage. Doensn't have a lot of interceptions, but does very well timing the ball as it gets to the reciever and breaking passes up.

Only negative that I've seen with Horn so far is that he may be too physical leading to penalties.

I don't know if I'd go with Suratain. I've seen him give up some plays this year to the Florida WRs. He's a good corner from what I've seen, I just don't see the play out of him that makes me think he'll be great. To me, he's just a decent player on a great defense.
                              sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                              Adopted By:
                              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                              Broncbeat

Comment

Working...
                              X