No announcement yet.

which cb would you pick in first round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn has talent doesn't seem like a team type guy its me first but I only go by what I've seen on the field, just think you should not take him in 1st round

Comment

This guy put up a video ranking CB's for 2021. Here's his top ten list:

https://fantofannetwork.com/cornerba...021-nfl-draft/

Cornerback Rankings

1. Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech

SIze: 6-2; 207 lbs

Projection: Top 15 Pick

*opted out of 2020 season

2. Patrick Surtain II, Alabama

Size: 6-2; 203 lbs

Projection: Top 15 Pick

3. Jaycee Horn, South Carolina

SIze: 6-1; 205 lbs

Projection: First Round

*opted out for the remainder of the 2020 season

4. Tyson Campbell, Georgia

Size: 6-2; 185 lbs

5. Derion Kendrick, Clemson

Size: 6-0; 190 lbs

6. Asante Samuel Jr., Florida State

Size: 5-10, 184 lbs

Projection: Second Round

*opted out for the remainder of the 2020 season

7. Shaun Wade, Ohio State

Size: 6-1; 195 lbs

8. Elijah Molden, Washington

Size: 5-10; 191 lbs

9. Roger McCreary, Auburn

Size: 6-0; 188 lbs

Projection: Third Round

10. Eric Stokes, Georgia

Size: 6-1; 185 lbs

Projection: Third Round

And here's his long video:

Agree with him? Disagree?

Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I would take Adebo in round 2, but if I have to choose one of those three I would trade back and take Horn.

Comment

CB is certainly a need. Bouye is probably going to be released. Callahan can't stay healthy. Ojemudia looks promising. Maybe Bassey makes a jump? Outside of that there isn't much depth. I wouldn't be upset if we took a CB in the first but it seems like Fangio can find players who fit his scheme in later rounds.
          sigpic

Comment

If we use our 1st I would probably prefer Surtain, he has played really well in big spots and has good size.

Fangio does a pretty darn good job spotting guys who have the extra talent in the secondary.
            ​Personally I like Wade and Horn if they are being projected where they are.

Pitt S Paris Ford is a guy I really like as well. If Simmons has to go, Ford would be a great target imo.

It wouldn't be a popular decision, but trading back in the 1st could land us a couple of these guys in the 2nd.
            Last edited by atwaterandstir; 01-07-2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

list - seems consistent with what ive been seeing. wether its accurate or not who knows. with players opting out and a shortened year its anybody's guess. I would have trouble drafting farley just for a few reasons. he showed good instincts at the position but he switched to cb in college and he opted out this year. The learning curve making the jump to the nfl may be pretty steep for him. i wouldnt mind surtain either but theres questions about wether or not he can cover #1 wr at the next level. these are just things id take into consideration.

yes fangio has been able to find guys in later rounds but we need someone to come in and make a big impact asap. i would be okay with a later round db if they brought someone in who could be a #1 in fa. I really liked that they claimed parnell late in the season.

with all the possible holes id be fine trading back and grabbing horn and adding more picks. that is if our first pick isnt traded for watson
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

None. I'd take the opportunity at 9 to move up and take a shot at getting the best QB you can out of the draft. Miami might be willing to move. Until the Broncos get their franchise QB, using early first rounders for other positions is just a patch job. Chubb's proven that.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                  None. I'd take the opportunity at 9 to move up and take a shot at getting the best QB you can out of the draft. Miami might be willing to move. Until the Broncos get their franchise QB, using early first rounders for other positions is just a patch job. Chubb's proven that.
                  and this thread isnt about qb. thanks
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I'm all about Best Player Available at a position of need with our first round pick this year. I just want the (assumed) talent to match up with the pick. I understand that the draft is really a crap shoot. Players will bust that look like the real deal. That's going to happen. Also, I agree that Fangio seems to be able to spot talent in DB's. I wish I knew who he would pick at #9 of the CB's available.

Comment

interesting article on MHR:

"Patrick Surtain II (or PS2 as I affectionately call him) won’t wow you with his athleticism or how he fills the stat sheet, but he is probably the most consistent corner in this class. PS2 is rarely out of position and consistently is in phase with the WR. His length and patience at the line of scrimmage make him very good in press man, never really getting beat. He’s very well-coached and he never panics, no matter the situation. His ball skills are the weakest part of his game in coverage, and those are still decent at worst.

Surtain is also probably the best tackler at CB in this class. He fills off the edge against the run pretty well, and when he squares you up in the open field, you are going down. This can probably be contributed to Alabama putting Surtain in a lot of special teams situations. Overall, Denver would be getting a polished and consistent corner who I believe can come in on day one and be a solid contributor for Fangio and the Broncos."

also this:

"I noticed Jaycee Horn goes right after the Broncos pick. As someone who’s only just getting into this draft class, I’ve seen his name a ton this year. What makes him a lesser fit for the Fangio defense?

Gartin: It’s mostly a playstyle decision for the Broncos here. Jaycee Horn is an extremely talented corner, but South Carolina has been employing him as a pure man-to-man guy for most of these past two seasons. That has limited his development in zone and man-match coverages, especially as Horn’s eyes are concerned. They can be a bit undisciplined at times, especially when sitting in space. Another thing that I know about Fangio is that he loves CBs that can tackle, and PS2 edges out Horn in that category. While both are extremely talented players, I believe that Surtain’s experience in man-match zones and his tackling ability make him a better fit for Fangio than Jaycee Horn."

article:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...the-2021-draft
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

None at pick 9. If we trade down, sure I wouldn't mind Surtain...but no CB this year deserves to be drafted at nine or earlier.
                        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                          None at pick 9. If we trade down, sure I wouldn't mind Surtain...but no CB this year deserves to be drafted at nine or earlier.
                          surtain wont be available much later than 9 if hes even there at 9. At this point in time your options trading back would either be shaun wade or jaycee horn depending on how far down you go
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

surtain wont be available much later than 9 if hes even there at 9. At this point in time your options trading back would either be shaun wade or jaycee horn depending on how far down you go
                            Idt he gets to 9 either. Would be a great pick at 9 though. I don't like Wade for our defense. Would take Horn though.

How you guys feel about Mukuamu or Adebo if we wait until later?

Comment

wade would be a good pickup if we had a number 1 corner.

adebo seems like he would need a lot of development, both physically and coverage wise

i wouldnt mind mukuamu in the 3rd. he seems like he could either do cb or safety role
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I feel like somebody with more knowledge and savvy than I should work up a realistic top ten (or even 12-15) of draft prospects. Because we're at #9 so we're going to get one of them barring a trade down. I have seen as few as 1 and as many as 4 QB's speculated as top ten picks. I've seen a WR, an O-Lineman and a D-Lineman, a LB, and several CB's - as many as three of them. I know it's still very early on for a list like that but maybe it would help to get some perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X