No announcement yet.

which cb would you pick in first round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Newsome in the late 1st if we somehow acquire a pick there would be awesome. He’s a great fit for Fangio’s defense and he just ran a 4.38 at his Pro Day (take with a grain of salt, of course). His injury history is the only thing that scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
      Greg Newsome in the late 1st if we somehow acquire a pick there would be awesome. He’s a great fit for Fangio’s defense and he just ran a 4.38 at his Pro Day (take with a grain of salt, of course). His injury history is the only thing that scares me.
      already having bryce kinda scares me off of greg
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Electronic or stopwatch?
        The report didn’t specify but I don’t think it’s too far off from what I saw on tape. He looks like a mid to high 4.4 guy to me. A little coaching up for the 40 and I think it’s plausible for him to get the time he did.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

already having bryce kinda scares me off of greg
          Yeah, it’s tough. A lack of durability was our downfall last year. It just so happens that some of the top corners I think would be a great fit in Fangio’s defense and has the kind of skillset he looks for— Farley, Newsome, and Adebo... all have injury histories. Only Samuel Jr. doesn’t have any medical concerns as far as I’m aware of.

Comment

Yeah, it’s tough. A lack of durability was our downfall last year. It just so happens that some of the top corners I think would be a great fit in Fangio’s defense and has the kind of skillset he looks for— Farley, Newsome, and Adebo... all have injury histories. Only Samuel Jr. doesn’t have any medical concerns as far as I’m aware of.
            maybe its a mile high thing as the avs cant stay healthy to save their lives either....
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Recent videos from the Broncos youtube channel have me thinking Lock is going to get another year. They seem to be trying to sell how Lock can improve in another year. I do like how the one guy is talking about how maybe the increased ints from Lock was due to pressure from Vic > Shurmur to try and throw more deep balls. I was thinking that during the season myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-O...wmmcZy&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSsI1Dn2OUM&t=1111s

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                Recent videos from the Broncos youtube channel have me thinking Lock is going to get another year. They seem to be trying to sell how Lock can improve in another year. I do like how the one guy is talking about how maybe the increased ints from Lock was due to pressure from Vic > Shurmur to try and throw more deep balls. I was thinking that during the season myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-O...wmmcZy&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSsI1Dn2OUM&t=1111s

Probably the wrong thread for this, but Tim Jenkins’ breakdowns have been very compelling towards this case. I mean it is the most “realistic” plan to happen as of now. Lock made those improvements in the small areas that you don’t notice from an initial broadcast view. I think another year in the offense and just getting comfortable mentally and physically will help a ton. I don’t think he’ll ever become a top 10 QB, but it would be promising to see him leap up into that 16-20 tier of guys— at the very least.

Comment

Probably the wrong thread for this, but Tim Jenkins’ breakdowns have been very compelling towards this case. I mean it is the most “realistic” plan to happen as of now. Lock made those improvements in the small areas that you don’t notice from an initial broadcast view. I think another year in the offense and just getting comfortable mentally and physically will help a ton. I don’t think he’ll ever become a top 10 QB, but it would be promising to see him leap up into that 16-20 tier of guys— at the very least.
                  Tim Jenkins is awesome. Everyone (fans) look at a play and think he either made the wrong read or that he was late getting through to the right read. It was very interesting watching Jenkins say that Lock was making the right reads all along, but poor footwork was the reason he was getting the ball out late and it ended up being the wrong read.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Tim Jenkins is awesome. Everyone (fans) look at a play and think he either made the wrong read or that he was late getting through to the right read. It was very interesting watching Jenkins say that Lock was making the right reads all along, but poor footwork was the reason he was getting the ball out late and it ended up being the wrong read.
                    Footwork definitely factored into that, and it also affected his accuracy. I think Lock got better with reads as the season went on, but as Jenkins has pointed out— there were those classic cases of misidentifying the defense pre-snap (or pre-determining where he was going to go before reading the defense) that led to him going to the wrong reads at times. Either way, it was really promising to see how Lock improved his eye manipulation and never lost confidence as the season went on. Jenkins’ breakdowns clearly show that the potential is there. How much better can he get? I don’t know— but there’s something.

Comment

• Guess it was Surtain after all .

Comment

• im okay with it. not what i wouldve preferred but as dissapointed as i am, all i can do is see how it all plays out.

them drafting pat could mean a few things. callahans health is more of an issue? dont think they will be able to resign fuller after this year?
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                        X