Deshaun Watson unhappy in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deshaun Watson unhappy in Houston

Here’s Elways chance to turn this ship around now.

whatever the Texans want, give it to them to get Deshaun Watson here ASAP.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...e-per-reports/
    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

No thank you.

Besides, it would contradict the claim that the new GM would have final say on personnel moves.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post
      Here’s Elways chance to turn this ship around now.

whatever the Texans want, give it to them to get Deshaun Watson here ASAP.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...e-per-reports/
      I agree whatever it takes. Go get a top 5 qb and we set at qb for the next 10-15. Elway and the new GM will be great of they can pull this off.
      Watson would look good in Blue and Orange 100 #facts.
      Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        No thank you.

Besides, it would contradict the claim that the new GM would have final say on personnel moves.
        Ummm, you don’t want an elite QB?
        Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

I don’t want Watson.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?

Comment

Because "he" feel since Watson led the league in passing, 33-6 td int ratio, 2nd highest completion % in the nfl. Made the pro bowl.... and that he can't play def, be the GM, the head, tackle, get sacks and ints from the qb position.
            that he his NOT a "difference maker".....he don't watch football he writes click bait.
            Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Rotoworld

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Texans QB Deshaun Watson "is still angry about team's insensitivity to social justice."

Mort added that Watson's anger over the team's insensitivity to social justice issues includes their hiring practices and not even giving Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy an interview. Watson has reportedly gone to bat for Bieniemy within the Houston organization and Bieniemy's record should speak for itself. He has been the Chiefs OC in all three of Patrick Mahomes' three seasons as a starter and is serving under arguably the greatest offensive-minded head coach in the NFL, Andy Reid. Houston's refusal to interview him is questionable at best. Mort included the fact that Watson's new contract gave him a no-trade clause. With the no-trade clause in his deal, the Texans can't simply move Watson to the highest bidder. They will have to find a place Watson wants to land for him to waive the clause. Mort's sources speculated that a deal with Miami involving Tua Tagovailoa would be considered by Watson. The deal may be best for both parties at Tagovailoa has failed to live up to expectations in his first year and Watson's relationship with Houston may be fractured beyond repair.

Comment

Has Caserio even had time to interview coaches?

It doesn’t even really matter to Broncos fans at this point since Watson has already let it be known that he wants to go to Miami in a trade.
                You Mad Bro?

Comment

As good as Watson is, it seems that he wants to run things like NBA players do. That's a headache the Broncos don't need. We have enough problems, starting with our ownership mess.

It's one thing to want to be in a head coach search, being an established elite QB. It's another to want to be in on who the GM will be.

And, honestly, I don't see him meshing with Fangio and Shurmur that well.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                    As good as Watson is, it seems that he wants to run things like NBA players do. That's a headache the Broncos don't need. We have enough problems, starting with our ownership mess.

It's one thing to want to be in a head coach search, being an established elite QB. It's another to want to be in on who the GM will be.

And, honestly, I don't see him meshing with Fangio and Shurmur that well.
                    thats not what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

thats not what he is doing.

How is it not? That's exactly what he's doing. Watson is a great player but I would rather we continue to build this young roster and trading for Watson would take 3 1st round picks as a starting point.

Also not a fan of players who force trades. Who's to say he wouldn't do the same thing here if things go south.
                      sigpic

Comment

its not because it appears that houston told him one thing and did another :

"One of the biggest grievances in Watson's mental war chest lies in how the team told him they'd include him in discussions on the hiring of the club's next general manager and, ultimately, who the next head coach will be, but it appears they reneged on that promise when they hired Nick Caserio in January"

thats from an article i linked in the blockbuster thread.
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post

How is it not? That's exactly what he's doing. Watson is a great player but I would rather we continue to build this young roster and trading for Watson would take 3 1st round picks as a starting point.

Also not a fan of players who force trades. Who's to say he wouldn't do the same thing here if things go south.
                          You are entitled to your opinion. Its all Watson...ownership did nothing wrong here. Thats why the texans suck now. The owners can do what they want doesn't mean the players have to take it well all have a choice. None of yall know what was said behind closed doors. He has to worry about his career like the owner have to worry about the team. So when a player wants a trade is a bad player now...but the owners can lie can, cut, release franchise at the drop of a dime.....yea ok Watson is the worst player to ever play in the nfl.

Comment

Look, to me it's simple.... trading for Watson isn't the right move for us, for a couple reasons...

1. Who knows how long the front office structure we currently have will be here. If the team is ultimately sold next year, or whenever, there could be sweeping changes in the organization, top to bottom.

2. We have too many holes in this roster to trade away significant draft capital.

3. As good as Watson is, he doesn't fit with Fangio and Shurmur.

4. Even if the Texans were in the wrong for not including him in their decision to hire a GM, I don't like how Watson has handled it. He's coming off childish. I never begrudge a player trying to get more money or looking for a trade. They deserve it because the teams cut and trade them all the time.

Is Watson a huge upgrade at QB? Absolutely.

Will it work under the circumstances that the Broncos are currently in? No. That's why I wouldn't make the trade.
                            Last edited by sra84; 01-10-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post

Guess you must not have been an Elway fan...

Comment

Working...
                              X