Deshaun Watson unhappy in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I know I wasn’t asked, but I’m trading for Watson. 1 in the basket is better than 2 possibles or however that saying goes.

Watson is a bona fide franchise QB who is only 25. Even if we trade the next 3 first round picks, there’s still a 4-7 year window after those 3 years. Plus the team is about as solid as you could ask for outside of QB. Sure a MLB and a top CB would be nice but we don’t need to 1st round picks for that. And we’re in a very enviable cap situation right now where a guy like Watson can change how we’re looked at by some of the bigger FA names.
    I hear ya. plus no growing curve from a rookie. it would be interesting but it seems like broncos are outside looking in even though watson all of a sudden started following some broncos on twitter.
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

I hear ya. plus no growing curve from a rookie. it would be interesting but it seems like broncos are outside looking in even though watson all of a sudden started following some broncos on twitter.
      Miami would be tough to beat. Better weather and no state tax and they can put together a better offer that leaves them in less of a hole draft capital wise due to the Texans deal for Tunsil. Although if the Texans value players more than picks I think we could put together a better offer because we have solid depth at a lot of positions that they need. It might mean losing some combo of Fant, Chubb, Jones, Patrick, and Lock but we have the depth to absorb losing them IMO although Chubb would really hurt even with Miller coming back.

But if we’re judging the offenses side by side right now I think we’d have a bigger edge. I think we’re better at every position group on offense. Even if we lost Fant in the trade. Miami has a big need at WR, Parker can be good at times but is inconsistent. Outside of that it’s a bunch of nothing and as a whole they struggled to get separation last season.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Miami would be tough to beat. Better weather and no state tax and they can put together a better offer that leaves them in less of a hole draft capital wise due to the Texans deal for Tunsil. Although if the Texans value players more than picks I think we could put together a better offer because we have solid depth at a lot of positions that they need. It might mean losing some combo of Fant, Chubb, Jones, Patrick, and Lock but we have the depth to absorb losing them IMO although Chubb would really hurt even with Miller coming back.

But if we’re judging the offenses side by side right now I think we’d have a bigger edge. I think we’re better at every position group on offense. Even if we lost Fant in the trade. Miami has a big need at WR, Parker can be good at times but is inconsistent. Outside of that it’s a bunch of nothing and as a whole they struggled to get separation last season.
        im not sure miami would do it honestly. It really depends on how they feel about tua. What ive been seeing is miami looking at sewell or parsons trade back a few spots and drafting a wr with that first pick, possibly even pitts. Then Depending on the results of that, going wr/oline with their second first. Although ive seen quite a but of talk about miami trading tua and the texans pick back to them as well so who knows
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
          The deal may be best for both parties at Tagovailoa has failed to live up to expectations in his first year and Watson's relationship with Houston may be fractured beyond repair.
          This is the most asinine part of this entire article. Tua failed to live up to “expectations” in his first year? He didn’t even play all 16 games and they barely missed the playoffs? What in the sam hill is that?

Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

And the plot thickens. Watson is interested in playing in Denver.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...mile-high-city
            Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post

I don’t have any disdain for Klis, but I will point out that many on this message board do.

I will still wait for Schefter to confirm.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post

yeah that klis interview was from a few days ago. The one thing i find interesting is that so far denver has been the only team watson has talked about personally (publicly anyways).
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Texans are telling teams they aren’t trading Watson.

However, they are making personnel decisions that are likely to exacerbate their problems with Watson, which may indicate they are preparing for life without him.

They are firing people Watson likes(JJ Watt as well) and are said to be replacing them with people that will be beholden to Easterby and Caserio.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I am not concerned about what The Texans are saying. They are not getting points for strategy these days. If Watson wanted out a while back, I am sure he still does. You are who you are, and that organization has to do much more than make some complementary maneuvers to make me think different about them. I am pretty confident he will not play there next year...even if that means sitting out. But I am fairly confident he will get traded.....and we're not out of the running as of this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I am not concerned about what The Texans are saying. They are not getting points for strategy these days. If Watson wanted out a while back, I am sure he still does. You are who you are, and that organization has to do much more than make some complementary maneuvers to make me think different about them. I am pretty confident he will not play there next year...even if that means sitting out. But I am fairly confident he will get traded.....and we're not out of the running as of this moment.
                      I know right. Texans is making a huge mistake every day.....what they try to call watsons bluff and let the draft pass without getting picks or getting a qb.....what FA is gonna wanna sign with the texans without knowing who the qb is gonna be....The team is not gonna fight if they are losing every game....go head texans.

I'm saying it not Watson will be trade before or or on day one of the draft.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I know right. Texans is making a huge mistake every day.....what they try to call watsons bluff and let the draft pass without getting picks or getting a qb.....what FA is gonna wanna sign with the texans without knowing who the qb is gonna be....The team is not gonna fight if they are losing every game....go head texans.

I'm saying it not Watson will be trade before or or on day one of the draft.
                        You are correct...there are so called markers along the route. Once you reach them, you need to use good judgement, because failure to address can start to backfire. If they think they can hold out on Watson and at the same time try to sign other players to play there, they are going to lose some potential signees who want stability and leadership, and yes, talent. And if they let this thing sit too long, some of those courting them, who want to offer a lot, may change their minds. Then the market will flip, more in the buyers' favour. The less bidders the less likely you will get top dollar. Plus they may totally turnoff this young man, and there are consequences to that scenario as well....though I think he's already turned off.

IF, and that's a big IF, they were smart...they would never have got to this point. Hopkins would still be there as well. BUT they are here, so IF they are even a bit smart they would strategize on the optimal time to trade him, based on the number of offers and how much is being offered. There is as I say, a point when things start to diminish. My gut tells me they are near the optimal time, and they should move on quickly so as to build up their team going forward....based on good fundamentals. Not sure if they are able to, and "good fundamentals" might be a stretch for them.

Comment

yeah think the texans have already hurt themselves. the amount and caliber of players from their past that have come out negatively against them has done that job im sure.

there was a little speculation about the raiders trading carr and package to them for watson until someone brought up the point of carr probably not wanting to go there after what they did to his brother.

If i were them (thankfully im not), id trade watson and watt asap and start a complete rebuild with character/transparency and honesty. Come out after the trade and say hey we wanted them to go somewhere where they can compete for a championship, they deserve that. that would be step 1 of a long road
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

You are correct...there are so called markers along the route. Once you reach them, you need to use good judgement, because failure to address can start to backfire. If they think they can hold out on Watson and at the same time try to sign other players to play there, they are going to lose some potential signees who want stability and leadership, and yes, talent. And if they let this thing sit too long, some of those courting them, who want to offer a lot, may change their minds. Then the market will flip, more in the buyers' favour. The less bidders the less likely you will get top dollar. Plus they may totally turnoff this young man, and there are consequences to that scenario as well....though I think he's already turned off.

IF, and that's a big IF, they were smart...they would never have got to this point. Hopkins would still be there as well. BUT they are here, so IF they are even a bit smart they would strategize on the optimal time to trade him, based on the number of offers and how much is being offered. There is as I say, a point when things start to diminish. My gut tells me they are near the optimal time, and they should move on quickly so as to build up their team going forward....based on good fundamentals. Not sure if they are able to, and "good fundamentals" might be a stretch for them.
                            Yes yes very true.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                              yeah think the texans have already hurt themselves. the amount and caliber of players from their past that have come out negatively against them has done that job im sure.

there was a little speculation about the raiders trading carr and package to them for watson until someone brought up the point of carr probably not wanting to go there after what they did to his brother.

If i were them (thankfully im not), id trade watson and watt asap and start a complete rebuild with character/transparency and honesty. Come out after the trade and say hey we wanted them to go somewhere where they can compete for a championship, they deserve that. that would be step 1 of a long road
                              Yep....nownif Watson did this after the draft the texans would have had more control bc the already did the draft and signed free agents but they didn't so Watson truly holds the cards...just a matter of time.....

Comment

I have a theory, Deshaun Watson wants to come to Denver, and only Denver. Kareem Jackson has been vocal about Watson wanting to come to Denver, and Jeudy has already thrown Lock under the bus saying it would be exciting to have him in Denver. Maybe, they have had conversations that would indicate Watson only accepting a trade to Denver.

Since Watson has the leverage and doesn't want his new team to exhaust a whole lot of resources in a trade which would put him another situation of lackoing resources, all he has to do is refuse to play if the Texans refuse to trade him away to Denver, specifically, even if another team offers more. But if Denver is the only destination he wants to end up at, then the Texans hand's are tied and must accept a trade for whatever the Broncos offer.

If Texans ask for a lot and Jeudy is a part of the trade offer request or any other offensive weapon that Denver has, Watson can refuse that trade and say he wants to play with Jeudy or whoever else it is. Watson can come to his new team, and help them keep as many resources as possible, including draft picks. If I was Watson, that's what I would be doing.
                                sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

Working...
                                X