My off season priority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My off season priority

What's the odds we make the playoffs if our team was the same but we had patrick mahones as QB? Aaron Rodgers? Drew Brees? Tom Brady? Russel Wilson?

You get the point, our team would have a good chance if we had a super star QB. We are in the toughest division with KC and up and coming SD and oakland. We are looking like the absolute weakest in our division if we don't turn things around.

We need a star QB or we don't stand a chance. No defense stops KC. Any team that beats KC scores over 30 points so just forget about making a super D to win the division.

How do we get a star QB? It sure isn't going to be FA. Nobody gives away a star so it HAS to be in the draft. We HAVE to take a chance. No risk, no rewards.

Some say Drew may develop. If he develops into a great QB, awesome! But we need insurance. We need someone developing behind him just in case. We need to take a risk.

Our line is solid. Our weapons have huge potential. Our defense is OK but we are going no where with out a star QB in this division.

Even if we got the best CB or DE in the entire league, we have to score points and a great CB or DE alone will not win us the division in the next 10 years.

I'm not giving up on Lock, I'm preparing for the possibility he might not be it. I'm putting pressure on him. There is no FA QB that makes us a contender unless it was Watson but at what cost and would he even come?

It's time to make bold moves, boom or bust! The cardinals and dolphins made drastic moves to turn around the franchise and it's time we do the same or were going to be losing for the next decade or so.

Wouldn't it be a great problem to be like the chargers and have to decide on Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers? I want a problem like that with the Broncos. The Eagles drafted a QB last year thinking Wentz was the man. Green bay drafted a QB with Rodgers and farce, arizona did it the following year. It's time to be bold and make bold moves.

Love that last sentence. At this point, something needs to change. The football product on the field has been underwhelming. Granted, this past season we were hit with incredibly bad luck with injuries to probably the most talented roster we’ve had since 2016.

I really don’t think Jacksonville is moving from the #1 spot, so if I’m Denver I’m heavily exploring trade-up options with NYJ or MIA (via HOU). Coming away from the 2021 draft with either Justin Fields or Zach Wilson would be incredible. I think Fields has that star talent and would flourish in Shurmur’s offense— and quite frankly, has the skill-set to fit any modern NFL system.

Our roster is too talented to pick this high again. It’s time to swing for the fences.
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Ran a QB Mock going up to three.
      3 Fields or Wilson (Traded 9, 40, 2022 2nd, and 2022 3rd)
      71 Daviyon Nixon DL
      104 Joe Tryon EDGE
      135 Israel Mukuamu CB
      150 Deommodore Lenoir CB (Traded 166 and 199)
      201 Robert Hainsey OT
      216 Reggie Roberson WR

No way Nixon and Tryon fall that far in real life, Idt. I doubt Mukuamu falls to the 5th, but you never know. Would be pretty bad ass if we were able to move up to 3 and still get all of that though, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
        Ran a QB Mock going up to three.
        3 Fields or Wilson (Traded 9, 40, 2022 2nd, and 2022 3rd)
        71 Daviyon Nixon DL
        104 Joe Tryon EDGE
        135 Israel Mukuamu CB
        150 Deommodore Lenoir CB (Traded 166 and 199)
        201 Robert Hainsey OT
        216 Reggie Roberson WR

No way Nixon and Tryon fall that far in real life, Idt. I doubt Mukuamu falls to the 5th, but you never know. Would be pretty bad ass if we were able to move up to 3 and still get all of that though, I think.
        i did one too. i was trying to trade back into the 2nd for zaveon collins but couldnt. i couldnt find a good lb except for nate landman but i thought he said that he was going back to school. So this is what i ended up with:

patrick surtain cb
        mac jones qb
        daviyon nixon dt
        andre cisco s
        micheal carter rb
        paulson adebo cb
        daniel faalele tackle
        nic bonitto edge
        errol thompson lb
        mustafa johnson dt
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

i did one too. i was trying to trade back into the 2nd for zaveon collins but couldnt. i couldnt find a good lb except for nate landman but i thought he said that he was going back to school. So this is what i ended up with:

patrick surtain cb
          mac jones qb
          daviyon nixon dt
          andre cisco s
          micheal carter rb
          paulson adebo cb
          daniel faalele tackle
          nic bonitto edge
          errol thompson lb
          mustafa johnson dt
          I'm not out on the idea of taking Jones. I'm not gaga for him, but I kind of low key think he might be a better NFL QB than Tua. He doesn't really fit the modern mold of what NFL QBs are doing, but I definitely believe he has the potential to be a good starter in the NFL. I just wish it was feasible for a guy like that to still be on the board in the third, and that's just not gunna happen at this point. Lance will probably get overdrafted too, but he does have the upside.

I really like the Faalele pick. I wanted to get an upside tackle later on, too, but really wanted the two corners I got. You got really good value in the top half, I think. Hard to pass on any of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I'm not out on the idea of taking Jones. I'm not gaga for him, but I kind of low key think he might be a better NFL QB than Tua. He doesn't really fit the modern mold of what NFL QBs are doing, but I definitely believe he has the potential to be a good starter in the NFL. I just wish it was feasible for a guy like that to still be on the board in the third, and that's just not gunna happen at this point. Lance will probably get overdrafted too, but he does have the upside.

I really like the Faalele pick. I wanted to get an upside tackle later on, too, but really wanted the two corners I got. You got really good value in the top half, I think. Hard to pass on any of those guys.
            yeah mac wasnt the plan lol. i wouldve jumped for joy had i been able to get both surtain and collins. when i couldnt pull that off mac was the next best at a position of need. i couldve gotten najee harris but felt like mac would be better at that pick at this time based on what we have.
            I think mac may suprise some people. ive heard excellent things about his work ethic and game prep. I also couldve gotten little in the 3rd but felt like we needed dt a little more at this point
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

yeah mac wasnt the plan lol. i wouldve jumped for joy had i been able to get both surtain and collins. when i couldnt pull that off mac was the next best at a position of need. i couldve gotten najee harris but felt like mac would be better at that pick at this time based on what we have.
              I think mac may suprise some people. ive heard excellent things about his work ethic and game prep. I also couldve gotten little in the 3rd but felt like we needed dt a little more at this point
              Imagine trading Gordon and his contract for a 3rd rounder, and then having Harris fall to your second pick? Good luck on both of those, though. I saw people only a month ago, in here, comparing Mac Jones to Brett Rypien. lol. I think the cat's really out of the bag now though.

Comment

These are my two favorite prospects at 9. I know Collins isn't getting the hype yet, but I think the guy is 1B to 1A(Micah Parson obviously). I think Collins should be a top 10-15 pick. And I think Surtain is a 10-25 pick. But CBs always go early. Look at Okuda this year getting struggling this year. Granted he was playing through minor injuries, but at number 3 overall CB, you would expect a Shut Down CB out the gates. Top 10 CB are not worth it, it is a huge bust position and Zaven Collins could play OLB, EDGE or MIKE.
                New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post

These are my two favorite prospects at 9. I know Collins isn't getting the hype yet, but I think the guy is 1B to 1A(Micah Parson obviously). I think Collins should be a top 10-15 pick. And I think Surtain is a 10-25 pick. But CBs always go early. Look at Okuda this year getting struggling this year. Granted he was playing through minor injuries, but at number 3 overall CB, you would expect a Shut Down CB out the gates. Top 10 CB are not worth it, it is a huge bust position and Zaven Collins could play OLB, EDGE or MIKE.
                  ive seen one mock draft that has us taking collins with number 9! cant remember which though as ive looked at so many. Gist of it was that there have been quite a few scouts that have said "dont be shocked to see collins in the top ten". I admit i havent seen him play but if he can move like scouts say he can at 260 pounds.....it would be nice to have a lb that can do everything especially in our conference.
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                  X