Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll Time.....Do You Want To Trade For Deshaun Watson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll Time.....Do You Want To Trade For Deshaun Watson?

Lets have a little fun. Are you on the trade for Deshaun Watson train? To make it more than a yes/no poll, I'll add to the options.

As for me, YES, I am on the train! Absolutely!

I am willing to make a big deal for him. Short of selling the farm of course. By that I mean competitive market value, and even a bit more if it gets the deal done. This is one of the most talented young QBs in the game, and has the production to support that. He was #1 in passing yardage this season, while having the 2nd best Rate, a 70% plus completion rate, and 444 yards rushing among other things. He did this without Hopkins, and for a chunk, Fuller. In his previous two seasons he was very successful, including leading his team to the conference final. His career Rate is 104.5.

With him, I could see us being hoisted to a new plateau, overnight, and with long term success.
    Do not want to trade for Watson
    21.31%
    Would consider a trade for him as long as we do not have to give much
    14.75%
    Want to trade for him, for competitive market value and even a bit more if need be
    40.98%
    Would basically sell the farm for him
    22.95%

Just 6 in, but looks like we want Watson, but at varying degrees of want.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      Just 6 in, but looks like we want Watson, but at varying degrees of want.
      I want Watson. I want him within reason. I have not problem with the 3 1st and Drew lock, and fant......I not sending them Jerry, and trade for him is off the table....I like the thought of Watson having him and Sutton to throw to....we can fine another T.E that's not always injured.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

but even if say both teams agree on the picks doesn't Watson have final say where he goers due to no trade clause he has

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
          but even if say both teams agree on the picks doesn't Watson have final say where he goers due to no trade clause he has
          Yes, same as Matt Stafford too.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I am somewhere between "not give much" and "market value plus". Market value is somewhat subjective? Even though he threw for more yards than any other QB they finished worse than the Broncos in 2020. I suspect the "excuse" for that is the rest of the team sucked? It may be a legit excuse but if the Broncos give up too much that would potentially be the same situation for the Broncos.
            I would not give up Sutton, Jeudy or Fant nor would I give up Chubb or Jones. He might be worth 3 1st round picks but I would not want give up much of anything else without getting some draft picks in exchange.
            I am interested (in an entertainment way) to see through another season with the personnel the Broncos currently have + 2021 draft picks and maybe a couple of FAs. So I am not all that hyped about going after Watson but I am not opposed to trying.

sigpic

Comment

This thread is pointless. Denver is not going to land Watson.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                I am somewhere between "not give much" and "market value plus". Market value is somewhat subjective? Even though he threw for more yards than any other QB they finished worse than the Broncos in 2020. I suspect the "excuse" for that is the rest of the team sucked? It may be a legit excuse but if the Broncos give up too much that would potentially be the same situation for the Broncos.
                I would not give up Sutton, Jeudy or Fant nor would I give up Chubb or Jones. He might be worth 3 1st round picks but I would not want give up much of anything else without getting some draft picks in exchange.
                I am interested (in an entertainment way) to see through another season with the personnel the Broncos currently have + 2021 draft picks and maybe a couple of FAs. So I am not all that hyped about going after Watson but I am not opposed to trying.

You are correct....market value is subjective in this exercise. However what I was hoping is that this selection was somewhere in the middle of "interested" and "sell the farm". If I could define, I would simply say that it is what a group of very much interested teams would be willing to part with, without selling the farm. Market value is whatever the market will bear. It can shift, but basically it looks at supply and demand and comes up with a price that is relatively accurate.......and because of the importance of QBs, will likely be a little more than normal market rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  OK........I kind of think it has value.

Comment

Not surprising to me, but just saw another report that Watson is expected to request a trade. Where there's smoke there's fire, and my gut says he's about 85% gone. We may not be in the running, but as we have noted, at least kick the tires of possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      Thats your opinion. Until he signs on the line and have a new conference you dont know. You are just talking alike the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

OK........I kind of think it has value.
                        He does....you just have people that don't want him and hear what they want to hear.

Comment

Until I hear Elway, Paton, vic.....say "We will not not pursue Deshaun Watson. " idc what anyone says its an option.

Comment

taking paton at face value...he said they would be in on everything possible...so at this point theres no reason not to discuss it
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

We might as well throw Rodgers name in this mix too.

Comment

Working...
                              X