Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll Time.....Do You Want To Trade For Deshaun Watson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Know people hate Sherman for how he talks but he has great point in that clip. So many reporters do no research and just come to interviews using basic skills trying to start drama instead of doing good research.

The LA Kings had a coach in the past who use to just crucify reporters with dumb questions. Saw a clip recently of Joaquin Phoenix hammering reporters with dumb questions regarding his role in Joker.

My favorite interviews are reporters who come prepared with good questions that allow fans to learn more. My 2nd favorite are when the person being interviewed shreds stupid reporters with stupid questions. Sometimes the person being interviewed will use their skills to improve the quality of the interview. That is cool but what is sad is the person being interviewed rarely gets any credit at all for helping some of these dumb reporters.
    I don't know if it's simply that anyone now can establish a following thanks to social media/the internet, or that waaaay back when this instant access didn't happen the media had time to filter out the nonsense and edit out most of it. Sure seemed like there was much more research being done back before the turn of the century, and even more so before 1990. Just my impression...

The other one that gets me is how a local sports station can revisit the same top level fluff seemingly forever, instead of trying to help their listeners be more educated fans. An example is The Fan radio. They talk more with hand waving, yet with very little true analysis or play breakdowns. And, it'd be cool if someone could pin down the QB and have them revisit a game to let us know what the plays being called were. I watch that coaches film (essentially all-22), which gives more of the story than what was aired during the game, but still only part of the story because it doesn't show me what play was called.

I do love how the interviewees put the media in its place. Ditka at the beginning was a crack up, and Sherman looked so smart compared to that reporter. It had me shaking my head how stuck on stupid that reporter was.
    Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-15-2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Not too late to register for the poll. Might be a story for days, weeks, months....

Comment

• Here's something to add to the fire lol

https://denverfan.com/2092147/pro-fo...eshaun-watson/

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
          Here's something to add to the fire lol

https://denverfan.com/2092147/pro-fo...eshaun-watson/
          OK...........

Comment

• The jump from Lock to Watson is almost as large a leap as is possible at the position. Watson was the only starting quarterback to play the entire season and have no PFF single-game grades below 60. He was the No. 3 QB in overall PFF grade (94.5) over the regular season and the only QB among the top five who didn't play a game on Championship weekend.

Lock, by contrast, ranked 32nd out of 42 qualifying players. In PFF’s Power Ratings page, we have a data point called spread points above replacement, effectively quantifying how much above a replacement-level player that team’s quarterback is worth to the betting line. Only Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers were worth more to the betting line this season than the gap between Lock and Watson.

Watson had the best turnover-worthy play rate in football this year, narrowly ahead of Tom Brady, but he also had over 40 big-time throws and added almost 400 yards rushing to the cause. In a season where the Texans traded away his best receiver, Watson elevated his game when more responsibilities were heaped on his shoulders. It would be wrong to say that Houston’s receivers were bad, but they aren’t any better than what Denver can bring to the table in 2021, so Watson would be set up to repeat the kind of performance but with a much better supporting cast around him in all areas.
            For those without a PFF premium membership, here’s the best excerpt from the article linking Watson to Denver. Doesn’t really add anything more than what we already know, but gives great insight into just how good Watson was last year. Miss me with the 4-12 talk, this guy was elite.
            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
              For those without a PFF premium membership, here’s the best excerpt from the article linking Watson to Denver. Doesn’t really add anything more than what we already know, but gives great insight into just how good Watson was last year. Miss me with the 4-12 talk, this guy was elite.
              And just to add, because I do not see much about it in regards to the team effort....but to have the 2nd lowest rushing team offensively and the 24th passing team D and the worst rushing team D, explains a lot about the 4 and 12 situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

And just to add, because I do not see much about it in regards to the team effort....but to have the 2nd lowest rushing team offensively and the 24th passing team D and the worst rushing team D, explains a lot about the 4 and 12 situation.
                Yep, it’s almost like every area of the Texans was bad except its passing game. An unenviable situation to be in, for sure.

Houston’s defense was a disaster in 2020, allowing a passer rating to opposing quarterbacks of 113.9 and tying for a league-worst 6.1 yards per play. In almost any category you look at, they were among the very worst teams in the league.
                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

Yep, it’s almost like every area of the Texans was bad except its passing game. An unenviable situation to be in, for sure.
                  2020 Houston Texans rankings

Yards: Offense 13th; Defense 30th

Team Turnovers Lost: Offense 9th; Defense 32nd

Fumbles Lost: Offense 25th; Defense 29th

Passing Yards: Offense 4th; Defense 24th

Passing TDs: Offense 8th; Defense 23rd

Passing Interceptions: Offense 2nd; Defense 32nd

Net YPA: Offense 1st; Defense 28th

Rushing Attempts: Offense 31st; Defense 30th

Rushing Yards: Offense 31st; Defense 32nd

Rushing TDs: Offense 30th; Defense 30th

Rushing YPA: Offense 18th; Defense 32nd

Deshaun Watson 2020: 382 of 544, 70.2%, 4823 yards, 33 TDs, 7 INT, 8.9 ypa

Looks to me like Deshaun did well, D ranked very low, rushing attack didn't help much. Lost nine games by 7 points or less.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

2020 Houston Texans rankings

Yards: Offense 13th; Defense 30th

Team Turnovers Lost: Offense 9th; Defense 32nd

Fumbles Lost: Offense 25th; Defense 29th

Passing Yards: Offense 4th; Defense 24th

Passing TDs: Offense 8th; Defense 23rd

Passing Interceptions: Offense 2nd; Defense 32nd

Net YPA: Offense 1st; Defense 28th

Rushing Attempts: Offense 31st; Defense 30th

Rushing Yards: Offense 31st; Defense 32nd

Rushing TDs: Offense 30th; Defense 30th

Rushing YPA: Offense 18th; Defense 32nd

Deshaun Watson 2020: 382 of 544, 70.2%, 4823 yards, 33 TDs, 7 INT, 8.9 ypa

Looks to me like Deshaun did well, D ranked very low, rushing attack didn't help much. Lost nine games by 7 points or less.

Quoted for the special ones on this board. Great post Sam!
                    So far:
                    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• I surely hope we dont land Watson at the price being bandied around. Hes not going to transform the Broncs into the playoffs on his own.. at least not overnight.. Rather keep all the picks and try and find a QB or see if Lick can develop.

Do you really want Watsons contract and no top picks for 3 years? A train wreck waiting to happen.

Comment

• 1st round picks mean nothing lol....more than 50% of them bust......so in three years 1 might be a stand out one will be a bust and one probably be average.....so he'll yeah I will get rid of those picks with a red bow on them.
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• It's more to to the draft than the 1st rd....you have rds 3-7 and FA to fill holes.....none of our last four picks have lit it up like woooow.....chubb has been ok, fant really can't stay healthy, Judy 3rd best season out of the 4 1st rd picks, Bolles just came around to have his best year yet he needs to do it again......
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• I do think some general principles apply....

1) A QB of Watson's stature is worth A LOT!
                            2) Not all 1st rounders turn out.
                            3) And 1st round QBs are less likely to succeed than most other positions, and/or has been recently spelled out, may not be around on your team within a few years (in case we choose to select one this year in the draft)
                            4) Continued search for the franchise QB has a looming effect on teams....because until you have found one, you have a sense of non balance, as you keep searching and searching....possibly to the point of missing out on obvious studs in other positions.
                            5) A QB of Watson's stature, on a well balanced team, will attract others to want to sign with that team.
                            6) At some point there may be a difference in team confidence, if there is no evidence of a long term field leader. Even a great D can wear down to some degree if continually expected to play hard for above average minutes on the field....week after week.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                              I surely hope we dont land Watson at the price being bandied around. Hes not going to transform the Broncs into the playoffs on his own.. at least not overnight.. Rather keep all the picks and try and find a QB or see if Lick can develop.

Do you really want Watsons contract and no top picks for 3 years? A train wreck waiting to happen.
                              I mean the Texans have been shedding picks and talent since he got there and his lone “bad” season came this year, even then they were 3 direct plays and 2 defensive stops away from being 9-7. We can afford to give up draft picks because much of the core is in place. If we want, we have blue chip players with solid backups we can include to lessen how many draft picks we give up.

Serious question, if Watson was on this exact team last season how far do you think we go? If you think he could’ve taken this team to the playoffs, then how important are those future picks really? Why settle for unknowns and what ifs when we can just bite the bullet and get a franchise QB and be a playoff contender immediately?

We’ve seen what Watson can do with guys like Hopkins (Sutton), Fuller (Hamler), and Cooks/Cobb (Jeudy). He’d even have 1 or 2 of the most athletic TEs he’s ever played with here, not to mention an oline that is better than anything he’s ever had in Houston. The defense is much better than whatever it was Houston fielded last season too.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I mean the Texans have been shedding picks and talent since he got there and his lone “bad” season came this year, even then they were 3 direct plays and 2 defensive stops away from being 9-7. We can afford to give up draft picks because much of the core is in place. If we want, we have blue chip players with solid backups we can include to lessen how many draft picks we give up.

Serious question, if Watson was on this exact team last season how far do you think we go? If you think he could’ve taken this team to the playoffs, then how important are those future picks really? Why settle for unknowns and what ifs when we can just bite the bullet and get a franchise QB and be a playoff contender immediately?

We’ve seen what Watson can do with guys like Hopkins (Sutton), Fuller (Hamler), and Cooks/Cobb (Jeudy). He’d even have 1 or 2 of the most athletic TEs he’s ever played with here, not to mention an oline that is better than anything he’s ever had in Houston. The defense is much better than whatever it was Houston fielded last season too.
                                And a running game!
                                Watson as we know is a great running QB. Those option plays to Gordon to Phil- that is hard to defend. Then if it is a throw- to speedy Hamler, always open JJ or 70/30 balls sutton. That is one hell of an offense. Easily good enough to hang with and beat the chiefs. In fact, it is one of if not the top offense in terms of talent. Chiefs, Bucs, Browns maybe, who else is just loaded like that?? Off hand I cannot think of any others that have legit skill and speed and all the complimentary elements. Those 3 and us. Give us a QB like they have- and our defense being better. There will not be a lot of losses on that schedule.
                                So far:
                                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Working...
                                X