Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll Time.....Do You Want To Trade For Deshaun Watson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how much weight to put into this but reported that Watson said there are 3 teams he wants to be traded to. Jets, Dolphins, and Panthers.

All make sense to some extent, but certainly leaves us on the outside looking in. Houston keeps saying they wont trade him.
    A book I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM View Post
      Not sure how much weight to put into this but reported that Watson said there are 3 teams he wants to be traded to. Jets, Dolphins, and Panthers.

All make sense to some extent, but certainly leaves us on the outside looking in. Houston keeps saying they wont trade him.
      Time to check the Vegas odds again!!!

Comment

Not sure how much weight to put into this but reported that Watson said there are 3 teams he wants to be traded to. Jets, Dolphins, and Panthers.

No for a fact that is not true. Adam sheftty said weeks ago on get up jets are not in the picture. It was said again this morning.....lol

Another take...as a qb who would want to go to the jets "please don't say bc he said he wanted to play the head coach"....he is a 1st time head coach, def coach....they have no Wrs, Rb, T.E....their defense is bad...to get him they would have to give up all the picks that would make the team good to get him....

Every thing I see and here says Denver, S.F. and Carolina..until someone close to the matter says it I'm not believing it.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I just heard the same thing on the radio 5 min ago

Comment

• yeah thats strange seeing as how vegas just gave the broncos the highest odds to land watson a day or so ago
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
              yeah thats strange seeing as how vegas just gave the broncos the highest odds to land watson a day or so ago
              Everyone has an opinion. I personally can't see him going to the jets what do they have....he would be worse off than with the texans..

I hearing that Zach Wilson is all but there.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Everyone (who wants Watson).....FOCUS....

Don't let distractions get in the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Everyone (who wants Watson).....FOCUS....

Don't let distractions get in the way.

It's not I know otherwise trust. Watson has no interest in becoming a Jet.

Comment

Honestly there have been so many reports rebuking the Jets as a landing spot and the Dolphins as actually interested that it almost seems as if these reports are coming from Houston to drive up his trade value.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Honestly there have been so many reports rebuking the Jets as a landing spot and the Dolphins as actually interested that it almost seems as if these reports are coming from Houston to drive up his trade value.
                      Exactly.....and like I said sheftty already said that Watson to the jets won't happen weeks ago,.....sorry just not happen. There is no allure for a qb of watson status to go there what so ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Exactly.....and like I said sheftty already said that Watson to the jets won't happen weeks ago,.....sorry just not happen. There is no allure for a qb of watson status to go there what so ever.
                        I do think Watson would be interested in playing for Saleh. However I think he understands that team isn’t built to succeed anytime soon and by going there he will speed up Saleh’s timeline for success. And Saleh likely understands this is as well which is why they seem to be sticking to drafting a QB because at the least it gives him an extra year, probably 2 to see out his vision for the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I do think Watson would be interested in playing for Saleh. However I think he understands that team isn’t built to succeed anytime soon and by going there he will speed up Saleh’s timeline for success. And Saleh likely understands this is as well which is why they seem to be sticking to drafting a QB because at the least it gives him an extra year, probably 2 to see out his vision for the team.
                          Agreed. We will see

Comment

I keep hearing people saying Houston wants him more than the teams trying to get him.

Multiple people on the Bronco Country videos on the Broncos youtube channel said Houston does not want to trade Watson.

Even Shefter said on the Eisen show that the whole Watson trade talks is media driven and that the Texans do not want to trade him.

Guess it is giving people something to talk about when nothing is going on in the NFL
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I keep hearing people saying Houston wants him more than the teams trying to get him.

Multiple people on the Bronco Country videos on the Broncos youtube channel said Houston does not want to trade Watson.

Even Shefter said on the Eisen show that the whole Watson trade talks is media driven and that the Texans do not want to trade him.

Guess it is giving people something to talk about when nothing is going on in the NFL

Of course they do not want to trade him amigo. They do not really have much of a choice. They made promises. They did not deliver. They pissed off their star and the bridges are burnt! He wants out and will not be back for them. Because of this they are going to have to, need to, trade him. The longer they hold onto him the worse it will get and the less compensation they will receive. You are correct they do not want to trade him. But they should have thought about that before making promises and not delivering upon them. Houston is a sinking ship. Everyone wants off and out.
                              So far:
                              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Of course they do not want to trade him amigo. They do not really have much of a choice. They made promises. They did not deliver. They pissed off their star and the bridges are burnt! He wants out and will not be back for them. Because of this they are going to have to, need to, trade him. The longer they hold onto him the worse it will get and the less compensation they will receive. You are correct they do not want to trade him. But they should have thought about that before making promises and not delivering upon them. Houston is a sinking ship. Everyone wants off and out.
                                This is how I see it. Completely. They have proven to be in a messy place, and had they shown him a little respect before, we might not be talking about him. Once you pass that "line" with a young star, who did all he could last year to make something of the season, you have likely sealed the deal on an unhappy camper wanting a quick exit.

But like you say, something I firmly believe, if they put their grown up pants back on, and realized the state of their organization clearly, they would know that their best bet is a good trade, while the trading market is hot. It usually comes down to 101 Economics....supply and demand. Maybe Houston doesn't know that if they wait a little too long, some teams will not be on the demand side anymore, and when supply is no longer an issue, price goes down. And that point comes when teams realize they can not wait too close to the draft to have their QB situation resolved. You do not want to be looking for a QB with desperation, because that leads to overpaying, whether it be a deal, or in the draft. Smart teams want to have a good feel for their top position well before The Draft. And yes, that may be that they are going to draft one (ie. The Jags), because they can without desperation.

But to get that close to what is sometimes a real Vegas type wager (The Draft) and still be weighing over Watson or a draft pick, is not the best place to be. Conversely it is not the best place for Houston, because once teams make it clear they are sticking with their QBs, maybe drafting, the demand for Watson goes down quick. (Excluding players in this scenario) 3 firsts and 2 or more other picks could turn into 2 firsts and maybe one more pick. Not to mention, Houston sure as heck better have a QB plan beyond Watson, and for me, that means having this tied up by March.

Last edited by CanDB; 02-25-2021, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X