Gardner Minshew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardner Minshew

Since the Jags have the #1 Pick and it appears that they more than likely will take Trevor # 1 what about trying to get Gardner Mishew here in Denver? What do you all think of Gardner's QB Play? I remember that Jacksonville game just a few years back where Gardner was the QB of the Jags and he Balled Out even had Von Miller talking highly of Gardner like pro claiming that he can Ball so what do you all think of this move?

What they'd ultimately get for him depends on what other teams offer. They could try to keep him as a backup, but that's not the way for them to go, IMO. They can re-sign Glennon on the cheap. No need to drag this out, alienate Minshew, and watch his value plummet. Your backup needs to be a willing backup and mentor, so trading him makes sense.

Comment

He is no better than lock......no thanks.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I was a fan of his coming out. Thought he had a lot of good traits. I think if we decide for whatever reason to be patient with Lock then he’s definitely an upgrade at the backup spot and if Lock struggles I feel like he’s a guy who can win games as a spot starter.

I think if Jax doesn’t ask for too much, maybe a 6th, he’d be worth bringing in.

Honestly if we do what I think and hope which is Trey Lance at 9, Minshew is not a bad option to have as the guy to be out there in the early games while Lance learns from the sidelines. A lot of people think rookies need to play right away, and I truly think it varies from player to player, roster to roster, and coaching staff to coaching staff, but if we can have someone like Minshew playing while Lance gets ready I think we’re in a better long term QB trajectory than right now,
        A book I wrote

Comment

Absolutely NO!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Heard that now the Raiders might be going after Watson. So, the division would be Mahomes, Herbert, and Watson, and the Broncos would counter with Minshew or Lock? Oh brother....

Comment

No to Minshew. It would just be a waste of a roster spot.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                Heard that now the Raiders might be going after Watson. So, the division would be Mahomes, Herbert, and Watson, and the Broncos would counter with Minshew or Lock? Oh brother....
                The Raiders have zero chance of getting Watson. The ridiculous rumours had it being a three team trade and the Raiders getting two first round picks for Carr. They're not getting two first round picks for Carr and the Raiders can't match what the Jets and Dolphins can offer the Texans this year.

And I'm not worried about Herbert either, at least not for the next two years. The Chargers hired an unqualified candidate to be their HC and although he was hired based on his one year as an NFL DC he immediately talked about how he was going to be a big part of designing an offense for Herbert. It's the Raiders hiring Dennis Allen all over again. In 2023 or 2024 the Chargers may end up being dangerous once they select a qualified candidate.

Comment

No no hell no
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

The Raiders have zero chance of getting Watson. The ridiculous rumours had it being a three team trade and the Raiders getting two first round picks for Carr. They're not getting two first round picks for Carr and the Raiders can't match what the Jets and Dolphins can offer the Texans this year.

And I'm not worried about Herbert either, at least not for the next two years. The Chargers hired an unqualified candidate to be their HC and although he was hired based on his one year as an NFL DC he immediately talked about how he was going to be a big part of designing an offense for Herbert. It's the Raiders hiring Dennis Allen all over again. In 2023 or 2024 the Chargers may end up being dangerous once they select a qualified candidate.
                    Better hope the Raiders don't get Watson, because the Broncos with Lock already can't handle the Raiders with Carr. And, with Fangio and Shurmur, it isn't like the Broncos have the personnel to out coach another team with a bad coach.

Comment

Better hope the Raiders don't get Watson, because the Broncos with Lock already can't handle the Raiders with Carr. And, with Fangio and Shurmur, it isn't like the Broncos have the personnel to out coach another team with a bad coach.
                      Right, and no team or player will ever get better...

The Raiders should have lost to both the Jets and Broncos. Until they figure out how to fix their defense, they'll be stuck in that below .500 mode going forward.

And if you want to see a bad coach have a look at Gruden's record since he won the Super Bowl. He's the epitome of a bad coach, and because of his 10 year contract and Mark Davis being smitten with him, he's there for a long time.

Oh and as for the Watson to the Raiders rumours, they're not getting him, but they're out there so that Raiders fans won't be shocked when they trade Carr. They're going forward with Mariota as their starting QB next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Right, and no team or player will ever get better...

The Raiders should have lost to both the Jets and Broncos. Until they figure out how to fix their defense, they'll be stuck in that below .500 mode going forward.

And if you want to see a bad coach have a look at Gruden's record since he won the Super Bowl. He's the epitome of a bad coach, and because of his 10 year contract and Mark Davis being smitten with him, he's there for a long time.

Oh and as for the Watson to the Raiders rumours, they're not getting him, but they're out there so that Raiders fans won't be shocked when they trade Carr. They're going forward with Mariota as their starting QB next year.
                        Raiders still doing better than these Broncos. I don't have to look past the Broncos to see bad coaching. Never throw stones when ya live in a glass house.

Comment

It will be the broncos fault and with will be at the bottom for a while.

Comment

No thank you
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Lol can we close this thread lol

Comment

Working...
                              X