No announcement yet.

Running back situation and draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Williams guy does look good. He's got good size, and they're saying he could be a 3 down back. Looks like he's decent at making guys miss and pushing people around, as well.[/QUOTE]

He's a complete back, he can run between the tackles, to the edge, over people through people, he can catch the ball well and he's very good in pass protection as well. I wouldn't be upset if the Broncos took Michael Carter (the other UNC RB) he might be a better pass catcher, and he offers more speed, but he's not as physical and doesn't do nearly as well in pass protection.

Plenty of looks at them in these highlights, Carolina rushed for 554 in this game, both RBs had massive games. Carter was 24 carries for 308 yards 2 touchdowns. Williams had 23 carries for 236 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Comment

yeah id love to draft them in back to back rounds...
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        That Williams guy does look good. He's got good size, and they're saying he could be a 3 down back. Looks like he's decent at making guys miss and pushing people around, as well.
        He's a complete back, he can run between the tackles, to the edge, over people through people, he can catch the ball well and he's very good in pass protection as well. I wouldn't be upset if the Broncos took Michael Carter (the other UNC RB) he might be a better pass catcher, and he offers more speed, but he's not as physical and doesn't do nearly as well in pass protection.

Plenty of looks at them in these highlights, Carolina rushed for 554 in this game, both RBs had massive games. Carter was 24 carries for 308 yards 2 touchdowns. Williams had 23 carries for 236 yards and 3 touchdowns.

[/QUOTE]

Seems like a similar situation a few years back with Nick Chubb/Sony Michel. They definitely remind me of them too. But yeah Williams is the real deal, gets to his landmark and gets upfield with an attitude.

Comment

Trey Sermon is the guy I would go after. Should be able to land him in round 3-4

Comment

Working...
          X