Russell Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Wilson is interesting. I think the 'book' on him is that you force him to stay in the pocket and play from there. Not that he's easy to beat that way, but that he doesn't play as well in that situation. I have no doubt that he'd be better than what we have. But is he available and what would it take to get him?
    I don't think the asking price would be nearly as high because he's a 32 year old QB, with 3 years left on his contract, but based on the nature of his contract (no guaranteed money after 2021) it's likely he'll be looking for a new contract before next season. He's also got a lot of miles on that body having been sacked 394 times (just under 44 times per season) which doesn't even take into account the number of hits he's taken while it not being a sack.

Watson is a 26 year old (will be early in the 2021 season) who is just starting year 1 of a new contract. Which is why he'll get a premium.

I think Wilson's price would be closer to Stafford's price, not Watson's.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I can agree with this in principle. I don’t necessarily agree with it as it pertains to Watson specifically.
      I didn’t mention Watson in that post, but I’ll bite. Are you saying Watson couldn’t have won a Super Bowl with that team?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I didn’t mention Watson in that post, but I’ll bite. Are you saying Watson couldn’t have won a Super Bowl with that team?
        I don’t know what Watson could have or would have done with that team.

I don’t think Wilson was inconsequential to that team.

I don’t know that Watson would necessarily have beaten out the free agent quarterback his rookie season(can’t remember his name).

I tend to be a “I’ll believe it when I see it” type person when guys start acting a little diva-like before they’ve won a championship.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I think Russell Wilson beat out Flynn after he just got like a multi million dollar contract or something

Comment

Working...
          X