Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I think Russell Wilson beat out Flynn after he just got like a multi million dollar contract or something

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I didn’t mention Watson in that post, but I’ll bite. Are you saying Watson couldn’t have won a Super Bowl with that team?
    I don’t know what Watson could have or would have done with that team.

I don’t think Wilson was inconsequential to that team.

I don’t know that Watson would necessarily have beaten out the free agent quarterback his rookie season(can’t remember his name).

I tend to be a “I’ll believe it when I see it” type person when guys start acting a little diva-like before they’ve won a championship.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I can agree with this in principle. I don’t necessarily agree with it as it pertains to Watson specifically.
    I didn’t mention Watson in that post, but I’ll bite. Are you saying Watson couldn’t have won a Super Bowl with that team?

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Wilson is interesting. I think the 'book' on him is that you force him to stay in the pocket and play from there. Not that he's easy to beat that way, but that he doesn't play as well in that situation. I have no doubt that he'd be better than what we have. But is he available and what would it take to get him?
    I don't think the asking price would be nearly as high because he's a 32 year old QB, with 3 years left on his contract, but based on the nature of his contract (no guaranteed money after 2021) it's likely he'll be looking for a new contract before next season. He's also got a lot of miles on that body having been sacked 394 times (just under 44 times per season) which doesn't even take into account the number of hits he's taken while it not being a sack.

Watson is a 26 year old (will be early in the 2021 season) who is just starting year 1 of a new contract. Which is why he'll get a premium.

I think Wilson's price would be closer to Stafford's price, not Watson's.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Did he really quarterback that team to a championship though? Or did he ride the coattails of Marshawn Lynch and an incredible defense? He hasn’t exactly been great since then outside of beating a 9-7 team, a 7-8-1 team, an 11-5 Minnesota team in which the score was 10-9 and he only completed 50% of his passes, an 8-8 Lions team, and a 8-8 Eagles team who started Josh McCown. There was a win against a 12-4 Packers team but he threw 4 picks and was under 50% in that game and his Punter threw as many TDs as he did. And then we all know what happened in that Super Bowl. And of course he lost to a QB playing with a broken thumb on his throwing hand this year.

Wilson is a great QB for the regular season but when he gets to the playoffs he crumbles because defenses up their game and really force him to win from the pocket which he still hasn’t shown he can do consistently. Not all Super Bowls should be judged equally and just because Wilson managed to win 1 does not mean he is necessarily better than QBs who have yet to win 1 or even get there. A lot of QBs could have rode Marshawn Lynch and the LoB to a super bowl victory, not just Wilson.

I can agree with this in principle. I don’t necessarily agree with it as it pertains to Watson specifically.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Yeah, I immediately thought of the same thing. Here's a block of text from the article:

Offensive linemen often don’t get the recognition they deserve because it’s a difficult position to evaluate — one without readily available statistics to pull up in seconds. That's why the PFF play-by-play grading gives us a unique perspective regarding offensive line play, as it separates the play of the offensive line from the play of the quarterback it is protecting or the runner it is blocking for.

It sounds like they looked at every pass play and graded each individual lineman on how well he did his job, then turned that into a score that they added up for the entire season. I can't say for sure though.
    No doubt, grading Oliners is not an easy science. What each Oliner does may impact the other. What the QB does as well. And even what the backs do, whether they are running, receiving or blocking. You really have to watch each Oliner on each play to fully understand what they did within the confines of their responsibility. Just because a QB gets pressured or sacked is only a part of the story. An Oliner may have done his job perfectly but somehow get linked to a faulty play by someone else.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Wilson is interesting. I think the 'book' on him is that you force him to stay in the pocket and play from there. Not that he's easy to beat that way, but that he doesn't play as well in that situation. I have no doubt that he'd be better than what we have. But is he available and what would it take to get him?

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Interesting stat....but how much of this is due to QB elusiveness or lack thereof. Wilson may hang on too long at times, but he does avoid the scene of the crime better than most, which would help improve Oline stats. Maybe I don't appreciate what these stats represent.
    Yeah, I immediately thought of the same thing. Here's a block of text from the article:

Offensive linemen often don’t get the recognition they deserve because it’s a difficult position to evaluate — one without readily available statistics to pull up in seconds. That's why the PFF play-by-play grading gives us a unique perspective regarding offensive line play, as it separates the play of the offensive line from the play of the quarterback it is protecting or the runner it is blocking for.

It sounds like they looked at every pass play and graded each individual lineman on how well he did his job, then turned that into a score that they added up for the entire season. I can't say for sure though.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied

Pretty sure the team said they aren’t trading him.

I’m not a Russell Wilson fan. I think he’s a phony in his public relations.

That being said, he is a great quarterback, even though he’s not as great as he obviously thinks he is.

I would prefer him over Watson because he’s at least shown he can quarterback a team to a championship.

I will say, that as bad as people claimed the Seattle defense to be this season, the only games the SeaChicks lost were games in which Wilson committed multiple turnovers.
    Did he really quarterback that team to a championship though? Or did he ride the coattails of Marshawn Lynch and an incredible defense? He hasn’t exactly been great since then outside of beating a 9-7 team, a 7-8-1 team, an 11-5 Minnesota team in which the score was 10-9 and he only completed 50% of his passes, an 8-8 Lions team, and a 8-8 Eagles team who started Josh McCown. There was a win against a 12-4 Packers team but he threw 4 picks and was under 50% in that game and his Punter threw as many TDs as he did. And then we all know what happened in that Super Bowl. And of course he lost to a QB playing with a broken thumb on his throwing hand this year.

Wilson is a great QB for the regular season but when he gets to the playoffs he crumbles because defenses up their game and really force him to win from the pocket which he still hasn’t shown he can do consistently. Not all Super Bowls should be judged equally and just because Wilson managed to win 1 does not mean he is necessarily better than QBs who have yet to win 1 or even get there. A lot of QBs could have rode Marshawn Lynch and the LoB to a super bowl victory, not just Wilson.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    I think Wilson should want to stay in Seattle myself.

People who I with work that are fans of the Hawks are telling me there is a lot of talk of Wilson going to Denver right now surrounding the Hawks news. Would love Wilson in Denver but I just do not see it happening from the information I got.
    Pretty sure the team said they aren’t trading him.

I’m not a Russell Wilson fan. I think he’s a phony in his public relations.

That being said, he is a great quarterback, even though he’s not as great as he obviously thinks he is.

I would prefer him over Watson because he’s at least shown he can quarterback a team to a championship.

I will say, that as bad as people claimed the Seattle defense to be this season, the only games the SeaChicks lost were games in which Wilson committed multiple turnovers.
    Last edited by broncolee; 02-17-2021, 10:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

People who I with work that are fans of the Hawks are telling me there is a lot of talk of Wilson going to Denver right now surrounding the Hawks news. Would love Wilson in Denver but I just do not see it happening from the information I got.
    WoW !! Double Wow !!

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post

wilson: sacked 47 times

lock: 19 times
    driskel: 11

and no i dont think hes coming here

I think Russ Stays In Seattle And Finishes His Career There.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Russell isn’t getting traded.

Don’t see why he would want to play behind Denver’s OL, given he’s pissing and moaning about getting hit.

Btw, he’s a guy that holds on to the ball too long to be pissing and moaning about getting hit.

I would take him over Watson though.
    wilson: sacked 47 times

lock: 19 times
    driskel: 11

and no i dont think hes coming here

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Russell isn’t getting traded.

Don’t see why he would want to play behind Denver’s OL, given he’s pissing and moaning about getting hit.

Btw, he’s a guy that holds on to the ball too long to be pissing and moaning about getting hit.

I would take him over Watson though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X