Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Wilson

Russ could be traded any takers?

I really don't know who is cooking up these "Seahawks are shopping Wilson" stories every couple years, but I never believe them. I'll say the same thing I said last time. If it's true, Seattle is stupid, and yes, I would trade a lot for him.

Ok, so this time apparently he's disgruntled, and teams are calling the Hawks.
    https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...13132_34040903

Last edited by Spice 1; 02-10-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      I really don't know who is cooking up these "Seahawks are shopping Wilson" stories every couple years, but I never believe them. I'll say the same thing I said last time. If it's true, Seattle is stupid, and yes, I would trade a lot for him.

Ok, so this time apparently he's disgruntled, and teams are calling the Hawks.
      https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...13132_34040903
      what strikes me as funny is he is pissed about pass protection but he actually didn't have bad pass protection last season. OL win rates were top 10 in the league and PFF has them ranked as the #14 OL in the NFL, highest they have been since Wilson got there.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2...-line-rankings

Last edited by baphamet; 02-10-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

what strikes me as funny is he is pissed about pass protection but he actually didn't have bad pass protection last season. OL win rates were top 10 in the league and PFF has them ranked as the #14 OL in the NFL, highest they have been since Wilson got there.

he was the third most sacked qb in the nfl behind wentz and watson
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Maybe he just wants out of Seattle way to much rain and doom and gloom in that place lol and away from Coach Pete Carrol? Maybe he just wants a change of scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Maybe he just wants out of Seattle way to much rain and doom and gloom in that place lol and away from Coach Pete Carrol? Maybe he just wants a change of scenery.
            could be, that would make more sense honestly.

Comment

Great Stats by the way !! Russ does sometimes hold on to ball to long as well I actually thought they were building a Good to Great OLine they way Denver is. Seattle Oline was not that bad there are far by worse LOL ?.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

he was the third most sacked qb in the nfl behind wentz and watson
                how much of that was scheme? holding onto the ball too long? or was the OL worse than what people are saying?

Comment

how much of that was scheme? holding onto the ball too long? or was the OL worse than what people are saying?
                  thats a good question. not saying its all on the line. just thought i would throw that out there as his main compaint is getting hit too much
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Interesting stat....but how much of this is due to QB elusiveness or lack thereof. Wilson may hang on too long at times, but he does avoid the scene of the crime better than most, which would help improve Oline stats. Maybe I don't appreciate what these stats represent.

Comment

Doesn’t he want to be involved in personnel decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        Doesn’t he want to be involved in personnel decisions?

Yea this I am QB so therefore I can run a Team lol is beyond me all of these QB’s doing this is just insane LoL ?

Comment

Yea this I am QB so therefore I can run a Team lol is beyond me all of these QB’s doing this is just insane LoL ?

all of these qbs? I dont really see any of them saying they want to run the team. Theres been 2 qbs that have said something along these lines and thats wilson and watson. watson was representing multiple players on his team and you cant expect to have someone be a leader and not voice their opinion on certain things. Wilson may not like the offense hes running...who knows. The way I look at it is you have millions of dollars invested in this leader, why not listen when they have opinions on how to best utilize them? That doesnt mean you have to do what they say. Watson even said that they didnt have to do what he asked but that he just wanted them to consider what he had to say....i really dont find that offensive or even out of bounds
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

all of these qbs? I dont really see any of them saying they want to run the team. Theres been 2 qbs that have said something along these lines and thats wilson and watson. watson was representing multiple players on his team and you cant expect to have someone be a leader and not voice their opinion on certain things. Wilson may not like the offense hes running...who knows. The way I look at it is you have millions of dollars invested in this leader, why not listen when they have opinions on how to best utilize them? That doesnt mean you have to do what they say. Watson even said that they didnt have to do what he asked but that he just wanted them to consider what he had to say....i really dont find that offensive or even out of bounds
                            I don't see much drama here either. Sure, franchise QBs not only are influential, but may be summoned for their opinion. No doubt people like Brady, Manning, Brees and others have been asked their thoughts from time to time. Heck if you're building a winner, and you respect your franchise QB, you probably talk to them a little. Just like other sports teams talk to their captains in certain situations. It just makes sense. As opposed to chronic complainers or selfish players, who have a need for such stuff.

Besides, the really good ones see the field and even the strategy more clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Interesting stat....but how much of this is due to QB elusiveness or lack thereof. Wilson may hang on too long at times, but he does avoid the scene of the crime better than most, which would help improve Oline stats. Maybe I don't appreciate what these stats represent.
                              depends on what they considered a "win" I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X