Watson Intrigued by the Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watson Intrigued by the Broncos

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Deshaun Watson is "intrigued" by a potential trade to the Broncos or 49ers.

On Watson being traded to the Jets, Fowler said, "Eh, probably not," cooling the hopes of Jets fans who believed new head coach Robert Saleh could lure Watson to New York. 9News' Mike Klis, a longtime Broncos beat reporter, confirmed that league insiders have said Watson is interested in Denver as a landing spot. It would be hard to imagine the Niners not making a concerted effort to acquire Watson, who would lead an offense stacked with explosive upside. The Broncos are definitely near the top of Watson's trade wish list though. Watson in Denver would offer a massive fantasy boost for Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant, and Jerry Jeudy. The Texans continue to play hardball with their franchise QB as trade talks persist.

^snk16.-propz

I was just getting ready to post this to one of the other Watson threads but I'll respond here. In another similar article the I found from bleacher report says the Jets are off the list.....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...more-than-jets

It appears that he has narrowed his focus to just 2 teams, Denver or SF. On one hand Houston is still saying they gave no plans to trade Deshaun. On the other Watson is saying he's not playing for Houston anymore. I don't think he actually uttered those words but he did say he would hold out as long as needed. If this is truly the case where it is down to two teams then I like Denver's chances.
    Last edited by JvDub95; 02-12-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I said it all along...
      from a qb perspective why would you leave the texans to go to the jets....they have no wrs, rbs, t.e. and a below avg line....Def sucks.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        I said it all along...
        from a qb perspective why would you leave the texans to go to the jets....they have no wrs, rbs, t.e. and a below avg line....Def sucks.
        I totally understand however trust me the Jets are trending on the upward path however I am just as thrilled that D.Watson has narrowed his choice to include Denver I am digging this News !! Thank You.

Comment

OK....so I'm accepting we might........might get Watson. If this happens, hopefully it occurs sooner rather than later as we don't need this drama. We need him in here working with his new teammates. No later than.....what, well, now that I'm speaking it out loud, it needs to happen before the draft , as I'm sure our 9th overall pick has to be part of the compensation. So that's 2 months from now.

Comment

It ain’t true until Schefter says it is.

I might believe Watson if he says it directly. MIGHT!
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Ben Allbright is convinced that denver is not interested and that we will not land Watson. Usually I wouldn’t care about one reporters thought vs what everyone else is saying. But Ben tends to be right about these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                Ben Allbright is convinced that denver is not interested and that we will not land Watson. Usually I wouldn’t care about one reporters thought vs what everyone else is saying. But Ben tends to be right about these things.
                Well good. Yes Watson is good, but I have said time and again, we need to see this thing through. Roll with Lock for that crucial 3rd year....if we see Josh Allen improvement, we are winners.....if we see Ryan Tannehill type play....well, then we can make what ever BIG move we need to. It would be silly to just throw away the potential, yes I said potential, potential franchise QB that we have in our own back yard just to try and find the next big thing.
                Last edited by skeeter01; 02-13-2021, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  convinced by what? can you link or copy what he said? kizla and other reporters are saying the broncos are.

for the record I would love to land watson but i also know we need to rebuild our d so i am firmly in the middle on this one
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

The likeliest of possibilities is that Watson stays in Houston. They have said they don't want to trade and I believe them. However, if Watson is that far separated from the front office they won't have any other options other than too listen to offers....and potentially trade him.

Since he has a no trade clause in his contract, he has full control on where he lands, if traded. I really don't care if Schefter or Albright or any other talking piece said this or said that. If he forces his way out he has pinpointed SF and Den as landing spots. We know that Paton has already offered up Lock and our top pick for Stafford. I have to believe he will offer more for a younger and better option

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      The likeliest of possibilities is that Watson stays in Houston. They have said they don't want to trade and I believe them. However, if Watson is that far separated from the front office they won't have any other options other than too listen to offers....and potentially trade him.

Since he has a no trade clause in his contract, he has full control on where he lands, if traded. I really don't care if Schefter or Albright or any other talking piece said this or said that. If he forces his way out he has pinpointed SF and Den as landing spots. We know that Paton has already offered up Lock and our top pick for Stafford. I have to believe he will offer more for a younger and better option
                      If the Texans are smart, they will use their leverage to force Watson to waive the no trade clause without a trade in place.

Force him to prove he refuses to play for them.

This, of course, means they have to be willing to sacrifice the season.

Releasing Watt might be an indication that they are willing to do just that.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If the Texans are smart, they will use their leverage to force Watson to waive the no trade clause without a trade in place.

Force him to prove he refuses to play for them.

This, of course, means they have to be willing to sacrifice the season.

Releasing Watt might be an indication that they are willing to do just that.
                        I agree, that would be their best move, It would be a risky one though. If they decide to play hardball with a guy who's already disgruntled he could just sit out and not play. He'll just pull a Leveon Bell, they'd be tanking whether they wanted to or not.

If they are indeed ready and willing to sacrifice a season why not just trade him now? Get a boat load of picks and rebuild? Imo, that is exactly what they will do. Will it be Denver? Obviously it's just anybody's guess but if he has SF or Den on his radar then Denver already has the upper hand with the better position in the draft and equal....ish defensive talent to offer in player compensation

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I agree, that would be their best move, It would be a risky one though. If they decide to play hardball with a guy who's already disgruntled he could just sit out and not play. He'll just pull a Leveon Bell, they'd be tanking whether they wanted to or not.

If they are indeed ready and willing to sacrifice a season why not just trade him now? Get a boat load of picks and rebuild? Imo, that is exactly what they will do. Will it be Denver? Obviously it's just anybody's guess but if he has SF or Den on his radar then Denver already has the upper hand with the better position in the draft and equal....ish defensive talent to offer in player compensation
                          If they trade him now, they reduce their opportunities to get max value because they will be giving him leverage they shouldn’t give him.
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If they trade him now, they reduce their opportunities to get max value because they will be giving him leverage they shouldn’t give him.
                            the only thing holding watson will do is decrease what offers they do get.teams will plan to move on and wont wait forever.

they let watt go because they dont want anymore negative press than they have already gotten.

The team president stepping down due to not liking the direction the texans were going was yet another pr hit.

im gonna say that the broncos should make a trade for watson before free agency hits or not at all. i think having him here will make a difference in who wants to come here
                            Last edited by armedequation; 02-13-2021, 01:21 PM.
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

the only thing holding watson will do is decrease what offers they do get.teams will plan to move on and wont wait forever.

they let watt go because they dont want anymore negative press than they have already gotten.

The team president stepping down due to not liking the direction the texans were going was yet another pr hit.

im gonna say that the broncos should make a trade for watson before free agency hits or not at all. i think having him here will make a difference in who wants to come here
                              Might as well respond to you, given I get crickets from the other dude. There is a point of max value for a player like Watson. Once you pass it, some teams move on to another option. And the less courters you have, the more likely the top value diminishes. Only when a team like LA, who had a huge interest in Stafford, offer more than most, does max trade time vary a little more. But again, if this waits too long, teams will give up because they have to get their houses in order, and waiting on a talented, young QB only to lose out at the last moment could be a bad strategy. In fact if you wait too long to make that deal, someone might end up with a really nice deal and Watson.

You don't typically build your offseason strategy around any one position....other than QB. In my opinion, a seller is wise to get all takers interested and in some ways, force a great deal for yourself, and do it sooner than later. Bluffing would be a mistake, if that's what is going on. You would then be outsmarting yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X