Watson Intrigued by the Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Watson was a top 5 QB this year. Wentz was the second worst. there is a major difference between 2.
    No its not....he signed a contract just like Watson did don't give me that crap....people are saying Watson signed a contract he should honor it....bc wentz sucks that mean he could void his...if you answer is even remotely close to that I implore you please block me and not say or reply to anything else I say.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Actually you couldn't be further from the truth. My preference would be for the Broncos to get Watson, and I'd probably be willing to give up a little more than other people. My ideal trade for him would be 2021 first, 2022 first and second, a conditional 2023 second which would probably end up a first, Lock and Bradley Chubb. But I wouldn't be upset by giving up both the 2023 first and second if needed.

But my points (which you ignore) are:
      1. The Texans are dysfunctional
      2. The guy in charge of everything in Houston, Jack Easterby, is completely unqualified for the job and power he has, and has risen to power by very unconventional means. Because of the power he has, and the fact Watson wants out because of him, I think there's a very big chance he'll attempt to make Watson sit. Power hungry people usually like to show off the power they have.
      3. John McClain is very close to Texans ownership and management, when he says something that's generally the position of the team at that point in time.
      4. Yes Watson has a no trade clause, but he can't just say he'll only play for one team, because the Texans could just refuse to trade him to that team and make him sit. He'll have to expand his list of teams (unless his preferred team is a team that gives the Texans what they want). Funny enough, that actually benefits Denver. Denver could be first on his list (unlikely) or he they could be third on his list, or lower, but if he needs to expand the teams that he's willing to play for in order to just get out of there, a team that's further down the list could be in position to get him if they can really blow the Texans away with their offer.

Final point, "Nick" isn't the one who will make this trade, he may be the guy who does the leg work but Jack Easterby has positioned himself into having complete control in Houston, he's the final say in whether they'll trade Watson and where they will ultimately trade him.
      You sat things but after everything you say there is a but which pretty much negates what you agreed to.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Watson may be intrigued with Denver. And the rumours and the buzz has us as one of the fav spots for him to land, if he leaves. What's so wrong with one of the best NFL franchises in history? A really good group of young, talented offensive players to play behind and with, for many years. My goodness, most QBs would lick their chops with Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Hamler and Patrick...who are all young and now NFL proven, though not exactly "seasoned". Two good backs, and a decent Oline. Heck, as much as Bolles was an issue, we can scrap that storyline and say that any right armed QB now has an All Pro Left Tackle who has many years ahead. And with some upgrades in the offseason this team could have a top 10 D as well.

Denver has a great legacy! Better choice than many other teams just on reputation alone.

And yes.....great location, scenery and climate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

No its not....he signed a contract just like Watson did don't give me that crap....people are saying Watson signed a contract he should honor it....bc wentz sucks that mean he could void his...if you answer is even remotely close to that I implore you please block me and not say or reply to anything else I say.
          how does that not change things. they signed a contract. but if I was the Eagles I would want out of the Wentz with how he played. while as the Texans I would do everything I could keep Watson. Teams in the current CBA have most the leverage. and most of the time when you have you don't let him leave. I can say for SURE that Watson is a Franchise QB. while Wentz was terrible this year and benched in the middle of the season. if your team you will want out of overpaying for Wentz. while no team will want to get rid of a QB who preformed at an elite level like Watson.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

You sat things but after everything you say there is a but which pretty much negates what you agreed to.
            Actually no, two things can be correct. I can both want the Broncos to get a player and acknowledge how poorly run the Texans are and how that could change things.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Watson may be intrigued with Denver. And the rumours and the buzz has us as one of the fav spots for him to land, if he leaves. What's so wrong with one of the best NFL franchises in history? A really good group of young, talented offensive players to play behind and with, for many years. My goodness, most QBs would lick their chops with Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Hamler and Patrick...who are all young and now NFL proven, though not exactly "seasoned". Two good backs, and a decent Oline. Heck, as much as Bolles was an issue, we can scrap that storyline and say that any right armed QB now has an All Pro Left Tackle who has many years ahead. And with some upgrades in the offseason this team could have a top 10 D as well.

Denver has a great legacy! Better choice than many other teams just on reputation alone.

And yes.....great location, scenery and climate!!

Absolutely nothing.....Watson has always been a model citizen and a great teammate...but since he requested a trade all of s sudden he is public enemy #1.....I hope like he'll we pull of this trade....and if we don't I'm cool with riding with lock next year. That was we are ensured to have yet another top 10 pick.

Comment

Working...
              X