• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Good news for the Watson hopefuls:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-...deshaun-watson

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

If that's true then even more Philly had no choice but to take the deal they took, nobody would offer anything better, and nobody else is interested. Either way its a win for all 3. Philly got picks, Wentz gets out of Philly, Indy get who they hope will keep them competing as a playoff team.
    Agreed.....Philly has Hurts who looks to be a real starter, unless of course the coach is looking to get fired and not play him in a meaningful game. They were not going to play Wentz again, unless others got injured. Indy not only takes care of hole in their otherwise solid team, but reunites the QB with his old coach...who might get more out of him. Indy is on the edge, and if Wentz gets part way back, they have realistic playoff hopes. Again, Taylor looks to be a rising RB star, and Indy has some really good young WRs along with a seemingly rejuvenated Hilton. They also have a good D. Plus Indy did not have to really compete too hard to acquire him.

This one smells of "wins" all over it.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

According to PFT Chicago never even made an offer for him. the only interested team was Indy. Which makes sense, if Wentz is going to get it turned around it'll be under the coach who he had his most success with.
    If that's true then even more Philly had no choice but to take the deal they took, nobody would offer anything better, and nobody else is interested. Either way its a win for all 3. Philly got picks, Wentz gets out of Philly, Indy get who they hope will keep them competing as a playoff team.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied

As Can mentioned when it comes to desperation. I'd wager Philly had a few calls, and most of them heard what Philly wanted and said no deal. Which dropped it down to 2 teams, Chicago and Indy. Wentz reported said he has no interest in Chicago. Which led to fans making memes and jokes on social media about Wentz being afraid of Nick Foles.
    But anyways, him not wanting to play for Chicago, other teams backing out because they don't believe Wentz is worth what Philly want. Means Indy is the only real partner, so Philly has to settle.
    Philly switched to being sellers more so than Indy being a buyer. Where as before, the ball was in Philly's court, Indy would have to spend big if they wanted him, bc they would be competing with other teams. In the end they weren't competing with anyone.
    According to PFT Chicago never even made an offer for him. the only interested team was Indy. Which makes sense, if Wentz is going to get it turned around it'll be under the coach who he had his most success with.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied

As Can mentioned when it comes to desperation. I'd wager Philly had a few calls, and most of them heard what Philly wanted and said no deal. Which dropped it down to 2 teams, Chicago and Indy. Wentz reported said he has no interest in Chicago. Which led to fans making memes and jokes on social media about Wentz being afraid of Nick Foles.
    But anyways, him not wanting to play for Chicago, other teams backing out because they don't believe Wentz is worth what Philly want. Means Indy is the only real partner, so Philly has to settle.
    Philly switched to being sellers more so than Indy being a buyer. Where as before, the ball was in Philly's court, Indy would have to spend big if they wanted him, bc they would be competing with other teams. In the end they weren't competing with anyone.
    I went and watched a few games of his from last season. Actually, even in the mess, he still looked pretty sharp. Philly was a mess, and there was very little protection to work with. I think someone who can build a team around him can find success and some decent post season play.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Less than I thought a team would have to give up for him - I thought the first might have been guaranteed rather than conditional.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Deshaun Watson trade: Jay Cutler gives Texans QB advice to get dealt (yahoo.com)

Deshaun...word of advice. Don't listen to Jay Cutler. He could maybe have something to hear, but I'd listen to thousands of others first.

Last edited by CanDB; 02-20-2021, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    I like trading for Watson and like the moves for our free agents a lot. With that said, I don’t think RG3 is going to be a viable backup, and also think William Jackson is going to get up to double the contract you have for the same term.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Less than I thought a team would have to give up for him - I thought the first might have been guaranteed rather than conditional.
    I think some folks tend to expect huge returns for these players. But it depends on a number of factors, including "desperation" I suppose, interest from others, and clearly performance/leadership. That's why I wonder about the cost of acquiring Watson for example, or even Wilson. Might not be quite as steep as some believe. We'll see.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Looks like Wentz is off to Indy, as expected. Fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Looks like Wentz is off to Indy, as expected. Fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I don’t think we can believe anything said about what Houston wants as long as they continue to say they aren’t trading Watson.

Leave a comment:

• Mosk
    replied
    I’m all aboard the Watson train to Denver. I agree it would take 2 firsts and 2 seconds, but the players probably aren’t enticing enough for Houston. Purcell will be 30, and they have 2 solid ILB in Houston. We would probably have to part with Dre’Mont Jones, which is unfortunate because I’m a big fan. Instead of Josey, just throw in Lock.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    The Carolina offer was talked about on Pardon The Interruption. They did not confirm it was a legit offer, but talked about it. Like I say, there will be more of these alleged offers.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Soooooo....

Today's team of the day is Carolina with a reported 3 firsts and McCaffrey. Seriously...McCaffrey!!

Not saying this is pure you know what, but I think we will be hearing about a number of offers before this all settles.

Until I hear otherwise, The Broncos are still in the hunt for a QB, and quite possibly this one.
    That report actually got blown out of proportion and wasn't a real offer. ESPN had all of their local reporters do a bold prediction on something that would happen this offseason and that's what the reporter predicted. There was a disclaimer before the story that it was just bold predictions of what could happen. But people ran with it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fe-of-its-own/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X