Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock from PFN Mock SImulator

profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

I kind of like playing around with this mock, it simulates trades, the computer offers deals almost at every pick for the team your controling.

Here's what I ended up doing. Only made one trade throughout the draft.

Trade
    Bal gets pick 9, 252
    Selects Devonte Smith

Den Gets pick 27, 58, 2022 Rd 2, Rd 3.

Rd 1

Trevon Moehrig
    S TCU

Rd 2

Tyson Campbell
    CB Georgia

Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina

Rd 3:
    Eric Stokes
    CB Georgia

Rd 4:
    Brady Christensen
    OT BYU

Rd 5:
    Camryn Bynum
    CB California

Rd 6:
    Shane Buechele
    QB SMU

Rd 7:
    Paddy Fisher
    LB Northwester

Rakeem Boyd
    RB Arkansas

Overall I think if we can get in a position where we get a CB and Safety early we can afford to grab a RB fairly early as well. Gordon only has one more year, Lindsay I believe is a FA after this year as well. I think adding to the rotation for this year and beyond is wise.

As you can see CB is the main focus, and I think it's got to be volume. If we don't trade back and take Surtain or Farley early I think we're still taking multiple corners throughout the draft.
    Picking this apart I would say LB probably has to be more of a focus early on. Outside of Parsons I haven't looked at many of the LB's so I didn't really know who the gems would be in rds 3-5.

This draft assumes we keep Simmons (I think pairing him with Moehrig would be an awesome tandem.) find a way to keep Mller on an extension while lessening cap hit this year and keep Harris and Parks. Releases would likely be Jackson and Casey.
    A book I wrote

Now this is different. I like it a lot. Moehrig is versatile and the best at coverage in this safety class. Simmons-Moehrig would dominate all over the field. In this day and age, teams don't need a traditional FS and SS. Those two can interchange roles and not miss a beat. I would be very excited for Moehrig here in Denver.

Tyson Campbell has lots of upside with his size and athleticism. It may take awhile for him to adjust and develop in Fangio's system, but he has all the traits you want in a future starter. Interesting choice to double-dip with UGA corners and take Eric Stokes too. I think Stokes is actually the more "pro ready" of the two. A CB room of Callahan-Ojemudia-Campbell-Stokes-Bassey-Motley is very, very promising.

Javonte Williams would breakout as a star in the NFL in 2022 for us.

The rest of the picks provide solid depth at positions where it is needed.
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

You made a trade for two picks that Baltimore doesn't have, they have 28 and 60, not 27 and 58. I also hate the value of the trade down, based on this year's draft picks Denver is giving up 1353 points, and Baltimore is giving up 960 points this year. Future picks are valued at the middle of the round below where they are (less value cause they don't provide immediate help) so picks 16 in round 3 and 4 would be a total of 262 points. So Denver gets a return value of 1222 points while giving up 1353, and that's not to mention that Denver should be getting the premium because Baltimore is trading up into the top 10 from 28.

I appreciate the draft and like several of the picks, but if Paton made that trade I'd be pretty upset.

Comment

Agreed. If we fall back 21 spots it better include a first rd next year too or I don't want it period. Bc more than likely they will have a late 1st round pick anyway
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I guess you can complain about the value, but the Ravens made a deal in 2008 with the 8th for 26, 71, 89, and 125. Jacksonville took Derrick Harvey. I think the main source of leverage for jumping up that high is if a highly rated QB is on the board. That's when future 1sts generally become part of the discussion. I recommend trying the simulator. If Trey Lance is on the board you generally get offers from teams like WAS and CHI that involve a future 1st. It's a really interesting simulator with that attention to detail.

I'm not as critical on getting exact matching value from the chart on trades especially if we're gaining extra selections.

The biggest thing that will impact next season is improvement or lack thereof from the QB spot. This particular simulation had 4 QB's gone by 8 so I decided since Lance was gone and we're rolling with Lock this year to try to accumulate more selections. At that point there's not much to do but hope Lock gets better, hoping he does but I'm not super confident about it. That being the case I think a trade like that where you can start to stash future selections is prudent.

A book I wrote

Comment

This is hilarious. Fans are getting excited that the Broncos are going to draft a CB or S when the team has a top ten draft position and the worst starting QB in the league.

Yeah, that CB position is going to be a game changer! It was amazing how many SB championships the great Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins carried the team to without an HOF QB.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
              This is hilarious. Fans are getting excited that the Broncos are going to draft a CB or S when the team has a top ten draft position and the worst starting QB in the league.

Yeah, that CB position is going to be a game changer! It was amazing how many SB championships the great Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins carried the team to without an HOF QB.
              if your just gonna attack other peoples opinion then it is better not to post.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

if your just gonna attack other peoples opinion then it is better not to post.
                I'm attacking the logic. I never said they can't have that opinion. You, on the other hand, want to say what I should and shouldn't do. Tell me, what resin coat should I go with on my window sills? I've been kinda stuck on that one....

Comment

I'm attacking the logic. I never said they can't have that opinion. You, on the other hand, want to say what I should and shouldn't do. Tell me, what resin coat should I go with on my window sills? I've been kinda stuck on that one....
                  You want Mac Jones at 9?

Thought I had explained the options presented to me in the simulation. 4 QB's gone by pick 8.
                  A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                    I guess you can complain about the value, but the Ravens made a deal in 2008 with the 8th for 26, 71, 89, and 125. Jacksonville took Derrick Harvey. I think the main source of leverage for jumping up that high is if a highly rated QB is on the board. That's when future 1sts generally become part of the discussion. I recommend trying the simulator. If Trey Lance is on the board you generally get offers from teams like WAS and CHI that involve a future 1st. It's a really interesting simulator with that attention to detail.

I'm not as critical on getting exact matching value from the chart on trades especially if we're gaining extra selections.

The biggest thing that will impact next season is improvement or lack thereof from the QB spot. This particular simulation had 4 QB's gone by 8 so I decided since Lance was gone and we're rolling with Lock this year to try to accumulate more selections. At that point there's not much to do but hope Lock gets better, hoping he does but I'm not super confident about it. That being the case I think a trade like that where you can start to stash future selections is prudent.
                    And that's fair, but those are 4 draft picks all in the same draft (picks in future drafts are valued a full round lower) and they were moving up less spots. Denver would be in the driver's seat of the trade, they should be the team getting the premium. I'm also not sure this team is in a place to give up a top 10 player for a top 30 player. Denver needs an infusion of talent, especially defensively, and to me the best way to do that is by getting a cornerstone player to build around for 5 years. Rather than a higher quantity of lower rated players.

That's just how I view things, but I respect your view point, and don't think you're wrong in trying to accumulate picks to fill holes.

Comment

last time i checked it was a team game. If you cant improve one aspect of the team then you chose an impact player at a position of need. As good as tom brady is...did he hold kc to 0 tds? cb is a dire position of need, safety too depending on what happens here in the next few weeks
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

I kind of like playing around with this mock, it simulates trades, the computer offers deals almost at every pick for the team your controling.

Here's what I ended up doing. Only made one trade throughout the draft.

Trade
                        Bal gets pick 9, 252
                        Selects Devonte Smith

Den Gets pick 27, 58, 2022 Rd 2, Rd 3.

Rd 1

Trevon Moehrig
                        S TCU

Rd 2

Tyson Campbell
                        CB Georgia

Javonte Williams
                        RB North Carolina

Rd 3:
                        Eric Stokes
                        CB Georgia

Rd 4:
                        Brady Christensen
                        OT BYU

Rd 5:
                        Camryn Bynum
                        CB California

Rd 6:
                        Shane Buechele
                        QB SMU

Rd 7:
                        Paddy Fisher
                        LB Northwester

Rakeem Boyd
                        RB Arkansas

Overall I think if we can get in a position where we get a CB and Safety early we can afford to grab a RB fairly early as well. Gordon only has one more year, Lindsay I believe is a FA after this year as well. I think adding to the rotation for this year and beyond is wise.

As you can see CB is the main focus, and I think it's got to be volume. If we don't trade back and take Surtain or Farley early I think we're still taking multiple corners throughout the draft.
                        Picking this apart I would say LB probably has to be more of a focus early on. Outside of Parsons I haven't looked at many of the LB's so I didn't really know who the gems would be in rds 3-5.

This draft assumes we keep Simmons (I think pairing him with Moehrig would be an awesome tandem.) find a way to keep Mller on an extension while lessening cap hit this year and keep Harris and Parks. Releases would likely be Jackson and Casey.
                        Thx for the effort and for posting....

Whether or not I completely agree is not that important. As you say, you have gone big time Dbackfield. It is definitely an area of need. Not necessarily how I would approach the draft, but we usually have merit in our approaches.

Comment

You want Mac Jones at 9?

Thought I had explained the options presented to me in the simulation. 4 QB's gone by pick 8.
                          No. Where did I say that I wanted Jones at 9? You didn't specifically say where those 4 were taken. Since I don't know that, trade up a bit more and get Fields, since it's highly unlikely they could get Wilson, although that would be awesome. If they'd want to go lower in the food chain than Fields, might as well trade back and take Lance and another pick. If not, then just trade down, try to get as much as possible, and start filling holes: CB, LB, DTs, RTs, RBs. Broncos need bodies and depth in many areas, so without that QB, might as well at least try to look like an NFL team and shoot for 7-9/8-8 as your goal. Might as well see what you can get for Miller, since his presence this one year won't turn the Broncos into a true playoff contender.

I tried it, and Wilson was there until #4. I tried to trade up, but it wouldn't let me. If Wilson was there after #2, I'd chase either Miami or Atlanta to get that #3 or #4. It'd be worth it.
                          Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-17-2021, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Assuming no trade up/down if Sewell is still there at #9, would you say no?

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                              Assuming no trade up/down if Sewell is still there at #9, would you say no?
                              That's a great question, and difficult for me to clearly respond without knowing anything else about our QB situation. If he was there, we could soon have one of the best Olines in the league. But do we have other bigger needs, or in fact, is the BPA at 9 someone else? Outside of The QB talk, I believe we need to look at our Dbacks and LBs for upgrade. There's one ILB - Parsons I want, but I doubt we draft him. But Sewell, if there, would be a wise choice, as in, highly likely to succeed. And what an Oline we'd have!! But I think he will be gone.

I guess my concern has shifted to D (once we solve the QB situation)

Comment

Working...
                              X