JJ Watt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ Watt?

Speculation is he's looking for teams set up to head to the SB. But, it would be pretty crazy to add him to the roster, keep Miller and Simmons, and put together a defensive threat that's formidable. Yeah yeah...I know I've been pushing for using the #1 for QB, and it still might be viable, while building the defensive secondary. Maybe bring in Dalton cheap as a solid, inexpensive vet in case Lock can't get out of his rut. Kinda curious how far the Broncos could go with that approach?....

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
    Speculation is he's looking for teams set up to head to the SB. But, it would be pretty crazy to add him to the roster, keep Miller and Simmons, and put together a defensive threat that's formidable. Yeah yeah...I know I've been pushing for using the #1 for QB, and it still might be viable, while building the defensive secondary. Maybe bring in Dalton cheap as a solid, inexpensive vet in case Lock can't get out of his rut. Kinda curious how far the Broncos could go with that approach?....
    i know Watt is great. i am not sure he will be worth the contract he gets, also paying 2 defenders like 20m a piece would hurt a bit.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

i know Watt is great. i am not sure he will be worth the contract he gets, also paying 2 defenders like 20m a piece would hurt a bit.
      If the Broncos don't land Watson (and subsequently spend the money), then it sounds like they'll limp along with a poor offense. So, if they want to "win now" (not something I'm big on), and the talk has been, "well, the Broncos won an SB with a great defense", then don't go half-baked. Pump the hell out of that defense. There's cap space. Offer both Von and JJ performance incentive contracts that pay them both big money if they play and perform. JJ won't come here for Lock (who would?), but maybe he'd come here to be a part with the most frightening defense? Either keep Simmons here, or replace him with a solid Safety, and look for solid corners in FA and the draft. Don't approach this with that half-baked behavior.

Oh, and a team can go into the hole with the cap and still be successful. About half of the post-season capable teams are in the hole. I wouldn't suggest the Broncos make a habit of it, but they should at least try it. They've been tip-toeing around that cap limit, and what has it got them? Only one thing: insignificance. The Broncos have turned into an NFL nobody. Sad.

Comment

If the Broncos don't land Watson (and subsequently spend the money), then it sounds like they'll limp along with a poor offense. So, if they want to "win now" (not something I'm big on), and the talk has been, "well, the Broncos won an SB with a great defense", then don't go half-baked. Pump the hell out of that defense. There's cap space. Offer both Von and JJ performance incentive contracts that pay them both big money if they play and perform. JJ won't come here for Lock (who would?), but maybe he'd come here to be a part with the most frightening defense? Either keep Simmons here, or replace him with a solid Safety, and look for solid corners in FA and the draft. Don't approach this with that half-baked behavior.

Oh, and a team can go into the hole with the cap and still be successful. About half of the post-season capable teams are in the hole. I wouldn't suggest the Broncos make a habit of it, but they should at least try it. They've been tip-toeing around that cap limit, and what has it got them? Only one thing: insignificance. The Broncos have turned into an NFL nobody. Sad.
        I just don't get why would we give big money to guy who will be 32 by the start of next season, coming off his worst season as a pro. I would rather keep Harris and check what we have in our young guys. especially when you would have to give that guy top dollar for his position, and he has injury concerns it just doesn't make much sense. I like what we have been building in the d-line.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I just don't get why would we give big money to guy who will be 32 by the start of next season, coming off his worst season as a pro. I would rather keep Harris and check what we have in our young guys. especially when you would have to give that guy top dollar for his position, and he has injury concerns it just doesn't make much sense. I like what we have been building in the d-line.
          I'm saying swing for the fence. What we've been building is mediocrity and not winning. I'm just saying change up the approach, which seems to be my common theme. If you want greatness, make moves to achieve it. That SB50 defense wasn't built on a slow, methodical approach only.

Comment

I'm saying swing for the fence. What we've been building is mediocrity and not winning. I'm just saying change up the approach, which seems to be my common theme. If you want greatness, make moves to achieve it. That SB50 defense wasn't built on a slow, methodical approach only.
            I don't really think you can say. that defense was mainly built threw draft. to say other wise is insane. they had what 3 guys on that defense who was signed as FA in Barrett Suh and JPP. Vita Vea, Antonio Winfield JR, Lavote David, Devin White, Sean Murphy bunting, Jamal Dean, Carlton Davis Jordan Whitehead and William Gholston where all drafted by the Bucs. and it took a year or 2 at least for those to develop. the reason this team has not been doing well is how bad Elway drafted for what 6-7 years. between like 2011-2017 we have been one of the worst drafting teams in the nfl. and a lot of the successful teams have built through the draft.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
            X