Might be time to pump the brakes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be time to pump the brakes...

Long time Houston beat writer John McClain was on radio in Denver today and according to him there's zero chance that Watson ends up in Denver. Sure it's just one more opinion out there and we've seen a bunch of reports saying a lot of different things, but this is the most plugged in reporter in Houston.

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Long time Houston beat writer John McClain was on radio in Denver today and according to him there's zero chance that Watson ends up in Denver. Sure it's just one more opinion out there and we've seen a bunch of reports saying a lot of different things, but this is the most plugged in reporter in Houston.
    no i wouldnt call him the most "plugged in". his ties are to mcnair and easterby. He referred to the jets as a front runner when its been said that the jets arent in the running anymore. isnt he also the one who said what the price "should" be to obtain watson? i could be thinking of someone different on that last part but i stand by the rest. to me he sounds like a mouth piece for texan management
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

no i wouldnt call him the most "plugged in". his ties are to mcnair and easterby. He referred to the jets as a front runner when its been said that the jets arent in the running anymore. isnt he also the one who said what the price "should" be to obtain watson? i could be thinking of someone different on that last part but i stand by the rest. to me he sounds like a mouth piece for texan management
      That would make him plugged in because he knows what the organization is thinking. They could have determined that they want a top 3 pick (just an example) or some other thing so he knows they're not going to take any other offer. But he's also been covering the Texans since their inception so he's also going to know the players and their agents.

Again it's one report and there have a bunch of reports saying a bunch of different things, so who knows what is correct? But it's certainly something that we should keep in mind.

And for what it's worth I believe a lot of reporters said there was no way Manning would choose the Broncos either. At the end of the day no one really knows much.

Comment

to be honest. until we have him and the trade is official I wouldn't expect to get him. I don't get why the Texans would trade Watson he is special
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          to be honest. until we have him and the trade is official I wouldn't expect to get him. I don't get why the Texans would trade Watson he is special
          Well they traded away Hopkins and Watt wants out. So something strange is happening in Houston. Although I totally agree that Watson is a very talented player, but what works for him in Houston might not work here in Denver 🤷‍♂️
          HE>i

Comment

Let’s hope John McClain is right.

Yippee kai yay mothertrucker!
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

It is NOT totally up to the Texans where he goes. Watson HAS to approve the trade. So I don't care about what some beat writer says. There has also been reports that wastons has no interest in going to NYC. Sheftty was on Get Up with greeny a while back when greeny asked about Watson coming to his favorite team....sheftty reply " I wouldn't hold my breath"

Watson will be traded rather people want to believe it or not. I'm not saying it's 100% to the broncos but he will be traded before or n draft day.

Texans is a 🤡....let them try to prove a lesson and miss out on rebuild which they going to do anyway. They have no 1st or 2nd... don't know who their qb is gonna to be...jj just left...Def and offense sucks....Go ahead.

But I wouldnt bank on them getting nothing letting him sit out..

I recall a GM saying "We didn't say him to trade him. He is and will be a NYG."
              Now my question to is "What can Browns do for you" OBJ!!!
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Hadez
                Hadez commented
                Editing a comment
                Not only is it up to the Texans where he goes...it is up to the Texans IF he goes.

There is tons of speculation because that is what a lot of fans will click on and read right now.

Three number one picks is a lot, I just don't see us doing that for Watson?

Comment

3 firsts for a 25-year-old star QB, who will likely be playing long after those 3 firsts eventually retire (barring that they are some unknown franchise QB), is worth it. I mean, we just saw Stafford go for two 1sts. We also have more picks than just the first round. For all the talk about how much of a gamble it is to take a 1st round QB, wouldn’t it also technically be a gamble to take a 1st round pick at... any other position? If anything, not having those firsts will save some cap space when Watson’s contract balloons in 2022-2025. Having a Pro Bowl QB also may help lure free agents here at a cheaper rate than they would have otherwise. Draft capital takes a huge hit in the short-term, no doubt— but having a QB of Watson’s caliber brings so much stability to our team and makes subsequent roster construction that much easier.
                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                  3 firsts for a 25-year-old star QB, who will likely be playing long after those 3 firsts eventually retire (barring that they are some unknown franchise QB), is worth it. I mean, we just saw Stafford go for two 1sts. We also have more picks than just the first round. For all the talk about how much of a gamble it is to take a 1st round QB, wouldn’t it also technically be a gamble to take a 1st round pick at... any other position? If anything, not having those firsts will save some cap space when Watson’s contract balloons in 2022-2025. Having a Pro Bowl QB also may help lure free agents here at a cheaper rate than they would have otherwise. Draft capital takes a huge hit in the short-term, no doubt— but having a QB of Watson’s caliber brings so much stability to our team and makes subsequent roster construction that much easier.
                  one of those firsts where for taking Goffs contract.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I've been reading some reports that the Panthers are in the lead for acquiring Watson?

3 picks isn't that big a deal, if you know that the player you're getting is going to be the leader that you expect, and not be a disruption to the organization, if he doesn't get his own way.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                      I've been reading some reports that the Panthers are in the lead for acquiring Watson?

3 picks isn't that big a deal, if you know that the player you're getting is going to be the leader that you expect, and not be a disruption to the organization, if he doesn't get his own way.
                      It is a big deal if you’re not readymade to win a Super.

Nothing about the Broncos says readymade to win a Super Bowl.

It seems pretty evident Watson will piss and moan if he doesn’t get his way.

Like I said before, if he had Russell Wilson’s resume, I would kinda support trading for Watson. He doesn’t, so I won’t.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

That's based on a "report" that stemmed from a make believe article on ESPN that was a guess not reality. The Panthers offer that's floating around out there was actually part of an ESPN article that asked all 32 team's ESPN beat writers to make a bold prediction of some big thing that could happen in the offseason, that's the trade the Panthers beat writer wrote up as what he predicts would happen. Then the other media started treating it like it was a real offer.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...fe-of-its-own/

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

It is a big deal if you’re not readymade to win a Super.

Nothing about the Broncos says readymade to win a Super Bowl.

It seems pretty evident Watson will piss and moan if he doesn’t get his way.

Like I said before, if he had Russell Wilson’s resume, I would kinda support trading for Watson. He doesn’t, so I won’t.
                          To push back a little bit though, the Broncos weren't ready to compete for a Super Bowl following the 2011 season, then they add Manning and all of a sudden they're the best team in the league, great in all 3 phases, and they gave away a Super Bowl they should have had.

Having a great QB can push a young roster along considerably. That's not to say Watson is Manning, he's not. Nor is it a guarantee that he would immediately make the Broncos Super Bowl contenders. But he would make the Broncos roster better.

Also the more I've read about what's going on in Houston the less I believe Watson is someone who's a complainer by nature, and more just angry at the situation that team is in, which is a complete mess.

Final point, he has the potential to be a lot better than Russell Wilson. Wilson is a very good QB, but probably gets a little too much credit in Seattle. And Wilson is the architect of his own misfortune a lot of times, because he takes a lot of sacks that are his own fault.

Comment

Watson would have to want to go there....and if cmac is part of they trade why go there...smh.....he would go there to play with him not to lose him.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                            X