• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Ok who is John mclain
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Texans/comm..._john_mcclain/

Comment

:And then look at Watsons QB coach and what he tweeted to Mcclain.
      That guy sounds like the Josina Anderson of the broncos of old.
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

McClain also tweeted out (about a hour ago) an article from the Houston chronicle that pretty much said only the Dolphins, Broncos, and 49ers interest Watson and that the Panthers cover Watson. Well it also said the Jets would be interesting to Watson too but that basically Watson knows that with what they’d be giving up that it wouldn’t be a great situation.

Although it does look like McClain just mindlessly tweets every football/baseball article from the Houston Chronicle.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          McClain also tweeted out (about a hour ago) an article from the Houston chronicle that pretty much said only the Dolphins, Broncos, and 49ers interest Watson and that the Panthers cover Watson. Well it also said the Jets would be interesting to Watson too but that basically Watson knows that with what they’d be giving up that it wouldn’t be a great situation.

Although it does look like McClain just mindlessly tweets every football/baseball article from the Houston Chronicle.
          I hope we get a quick resolution to all of this and that he ends up in Denver. But I think Houston might try to slow play this to drive up his price right until the draft...assuming they finally acknowledge he's done there.

I'm tired of all of these endless reports which say one thing only to be contradicted by another reports from someone else. No one seems to know anything.

Comment

Interesting read, sound like Houston's version of Woody Paige. And not surprisingly Paige has come out and called McClain a really great friend. I'm not a fan of Woody Paige.

Comment

The Texans SB Nation fan site is quiet about what McClain's saying/tweeting. Could just be they haven't reacted yet. I look to them for info, since their fans and writers tend to be as close to the reality as any. They know who's who over there a lot better than I do...just like how many Broncos fans here know that if a guy like D-Mac spouts something, it doesn't mean anything.

I am curious what Fangio is thinking. With all of the talk that this upcoming season is his make or break year, I'd think he'd be banging the table for a decent vet QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I hope we get a quick resolution to all of this and that he ends up in Denver. But I think Houston might try to slow play this to drive up his price right until the draft...assuming they finally acknowledge he's done there.

I'm tired of all of these endless reports which say one thing only to be contradicted by another reports from someone else. No one seems to know anything.
                Well if a trade is going to happen it’ll either be much closer to draft day, probably the best time to maximize the value, or it’ll be sometime during or after training camp and the Texans will really screw themselves out of a top pick from the team trading for him but they’ll get to split his dead cap hit.

Could we see the NFL version of a NBA draft trade where the team selects a player the Texans want just so they can complete the trade after June 1st?

Comment

Well if a trade is going to happen it’ll either be much closer to draft day, probably the best time to maximize the value, or it’ll be sometime during or after training camp and the Texans will really screw themselves out of a top pick from the team trading for him but they’ll get to split his dead cap hit.

Could we see the NFL version of a NBA draft trade where the team selects a player the Texans want just so they can complete the trade after June 1st?
                  I've thought about that, but I'm not sure the financial aspects of this contract really make it all that more beneficial to hold onto him until after June 1. Assuming there's an offseason program this year teams are going to want to have Watson in there learning their offense and working with their players. And likewise it makes sense for the Texans to get any players they may receiver into their program. So I think his value will drop if he's not dealt before the draft.

But the Texans seem like they could screw up a 1 car parade, so who knows?

Comment

I've thought about that, but I'm not sure the financial aspects of this contract really make it all that more beneficial to hold onto him until after June 1. Assuming there's an offseason program this year teams are going to want to have Watson in there learning their offense and working with their players. And likewise it makes sense for the Texans to get any players they may receiver into their program. So I think his value will drop if he's not dealt before the draft.

But the Texans seem like they could screw up a 1 car parade, so who knows?
                    Well with them cutting Watt it does get them a lot closer to not being over the salary cap. And they still have to decide on a few other players but it’d make more sense to maximize the value now instead of freeing up cap to continue overpaying marginal players that have put them in this hole to begin with.

But like you said, it’s the Texans

Comment

Beat writers sometimes have a better feel, but if he’s like Woody Paige, he’s trying to shape public opinion toward a desired outcome as much as report on what he actually knows. Either way, we won’t really know until a deal is actually getting done. Texans are hard to predict like the Raiders of old, but you’d think they’d want the situation resolved sooner rather than later, and it’s not for lack of suitors at this point. But they may still hope to smooth things over or that some desperate team will blink and offer a crazy deal. I’d love for Watson to come to Denver, but not if it means there’s nothing left to improve the team. Otherwise, we roll with Lock and hope for improvement. Glad they didn’t jump on someone like Wentz or overpay for Stafford.

Comment

It's really not too many teams to be in the running. Bc they would need a qb, Watson would have to go there, that's team will have to have some offensive pieces.

To me that's why S.f., Denver, and Mia makes sense and other team not so much.
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I said the same thing in April or on draft day....however if they care anything about getting FA they will do it by they time that's starts so the draft picks they get can be explained to fa on what they are gonna do to rebuild the team.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I think the longer they wait, the less value they'll get for Watson because more and more teams are settling on their QB solutions (Stafford, Wentz). Even more will be locked in after the draft.

Comment

To push back a little bit though, the Broncos weren't ready to compete for a Super Bowl following the 2011 season, then they add Manning and all of a sudden they're the best team in the league, great in all 3 phases, and they gave away a Super Bowl they should have had.

Having a great QB can push a young roster along considerably. That's not to say Watson is Manning, he's not. Nor is it a guarantee that he would immediately make the Broncos Super Bowl contenders. But he would make the Broncos roster better.

Also the more I've read about what's going on in Houston the less I believe Watson is someone who's a complainer by nature, and more just angry at the situation that team is in, which is a complete mess.

Final point, he has the potential to be a lot better than Russell Wilson. Wilson is a very good QB, but probably gets a little too much credit in Seattle. And Wilson is the architect of his own misfortune a lot of times, because he takes a lot of sacks that are his own fault.
                              If Watson is just simply angry about certain things in Houston then he should just sit down with McNair and figure it out.

I don’t necessarily agree that Watson has the potential to be a lot better than Wilson. I definitely don’t think he has Manning like potential.

While the quarterback position would be upgraded, I don’t think he really gets the Broncos any further than the Ravens will get with Jackson even though Watson is a more complete quarterback.

I think Manning made the Broncos a contender because he’s a football genius. Watson may know a lot about football, but I doubt someone as athletic as he is ever feels the need to get to Manning’s level of acumen.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                Three number one picks is a lot, I just don't see us doing that for Watson?
                                3 first round picks for a 25 year old star QB, who boasts numbers and skill second only to Patrick Mahomes, with FIVE YEARS left on his current contract, is a steal.
                                All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Working...
                                X