Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might be time to pump the brakes...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post

    3 first round picks for a 25 year old star QB, who boasts numbers and skill second only to Patrick Mahomes, with FIVE YEARS left on his current contract, is a steal.
    I respect your opinion.
    And if that's the way it goes I'm all for it!!!!
    I guess three number 1's isn't that bad?

    I don't think I would pull the trigger on that one though, but that's just my opinion.

    I don't see it happening?

    I have seen Watson make some incredible plays, and I saw him get out played by Drew Lock, I think?

    Comment


    • #47
      Lamar jackson "my boy" beat the crap outta Tom Brady and I don't think anyone will say jackson is better than lamar....besides Lock beat the Texans def not watson.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

      Comment


      • #48
        12/8/2019 In Houston.

        Broncos Rookie D. Lock
        22-27-309 yards.
        3 -Tds/1 int.

        Texans D. Watson
        28-50-292 Yards.
        1Td/2 ints.

        Final Score
        Denver 38
        Houston 24

        I think Drew Lock outplayed D. Watson?

        I am not saying that Drew Lock is better than D. Watson. But on that one day, Any Given Sunday, Drew Lock did indeed out play Watson.

        I'm not comparing it to anybody else, I just made one statement, about one game, that Drew Lock as a rookie, beat Watson and had better statistics, that's all.

        Comment


        • #49
          https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...deshaun-watson


          The player futures odds on FanDuel Sportsbook (only available in Colorado) continue to support a Watson-to-Denver trade. Their odds surged to +300 only a couple of days ago, and they're on the move again. The Broncos are now the favorites to land Watson at +150.

          Comment


          • #50
            Maybe the Texans should wait until after the draft and force teams to address their quarterback issues.

            Then they can see who still wants Watson while increasing their chances of a high draft pick of their own in 2022(assuming Watson holds out, not that him playing will prevent them from earning the 3rd overall pick anyway). With Watt gone, maybe they can play their way in to the top pick in 2022, whether Watson plays or not.

            In any case, I don’t think the issue gets resolved before draft day unless Cal McNair has a change of heart.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

            Comment


            • #51
              The delay of a decision is what concerns me, it's a potential season killer.

              I am on the fence about the overall trade for Watson. Thrilled to see his talent added, just not sure I am on board with the speculated market price to trade for him. Not arguing the potential of bring him in. I'm a fickle fan. I can get behind pretty much any QB plan they can come up with. Watson, Lock, #9, retread vet? Don't care! Just get some wins and become relevant again.

              The delay and indecision is what i hat to see. More instability as this gets worked out. More players hanging in the wind. Players and coaches wondering if they are lame ducks, or have organizational support. Even Paton has to come up with rebuilding plans with widespread goals in the draft and free agency. How many picks will the Broncos have? Which rounds? Any money left for free agents? Which positional holes need to be filled?

              This is the off-season. This is where players should be working on getting better and preparing for another season. Individual workouts are great but the team chemistry and coaching strategies are prepared now. Not critical yet but over the next couple months it does become more of an issue. Suggestions of the trade being made "after" the draft is disastrous. Not for the Texans who are likely tanking if they trade Watson. But for any team trading for him at the end of April it becomes an issue.

              I have no clue what my expectation of a "deadline " should be. We are not close to it yet. But at some point the Broncos or any team need to let the dream go and prepare for the season if HOU/Watson cannot make a decision. For the Broncos, that means trying to inspire confidence into a young QB and all his teammates. IMO the longer this indecision lingers the worse it is for the Broncos season.

              Comment


              • #52
                The Broncos are currently the #1 odds on fav to acquire Watson. In other words, this is far from over. It may never happen, but there are so many people saying things that just cloud the air.

                I'll stick with what the odds makers think, for now, because the buzz seems real, and why would you give us odds over Miami and other teams unless there's some substance to it??

                Yes, I keep saying I am hopeful, and I guess we'll find out at some point...maybe not soon enough.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  12/8/2019 In Houston.

                  Broncos Rookie D. Lock
                  22-27-309 yards.
                  3 -Tds/1 int.

                  Texans D. Watson
                  28-50-292 Yards.
                  1Td/2 ints.

                  Final Score
                  Denver 38
                  Houston 24

                  I think Drew Lock outplayed D. Watson?

                  I am not saying that Drew Lock is better than D. Watson. But on that one day, Any Given Sunday, Drew Lock did indeed out play Watson.

                  I'm not comparing it to anybody else, I just made one statement, about one game, that Drew Lock as a rookie, beat Watson and had better statistics, that's all.
                  Ok so you saying he beat Watson proves what....it means nothing because Watson is a better qb....You have to have said that to make some kind of point......bc its not the 1st time you said this.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                    Lamar jackson "my boy" beat the crap outta Tom Brady and I don't think anyone will say jackson is better than lamar....besides Lock beat the Texans def not watson.
                    At what point, in your opinion, does it become too expensive to get Watson? My thought is that a 1st and 2nd this year, a 1st and 3rd next., and a 3rd and 4th the third is the max, unless you mix in trading to them someone like Von, then maybe a bit less in draft sacrifice. If it tries to go beyond that, I'd sooner see the Broncos trade up this draft to grab Fields or maybe even Wilson, which would still be cheaper than giving up more than what I said for Watson.

                    Broncos are going to have to keep filling their roster since Watson's contract is going to be a fair amount of the cap. They're going to have to replace Juwuan James and fill in the running back positions. And, they still have holes at defense since there are several who will be getting up in age or looking elsewhere in the next 3 years.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

                      At what point, in your opinion, does it become too expensive to get Watson? My thought is that a 1st and 2nd this year, a 1st and 3rd next., and a 3rd and 4th the third is the max, unless you mix in trading to them someone like Von, then maybe a bit less in draft sacrifice. If it tries to go beyond that, I'd sooner see the Broncos trade up this draft to grab Fields or maybe even Wilson, which would still be cheaper than giving up more than what I said for Watson.

                      Broncos are going to have to keep filling their roster since Watson's contract is going to be a fair amount of the cap. They're going to have to replace Juwuan James and fill in the running back positions. And, they still have holes at defense since there are several who will be getting up in age or looking elsewhere in the next 3 years.
                      I'm ok with sending at least 3 1st and 2nd....like you said it depends on if players are involved. I want him but to a certain point ..... hopefully texans not asking for too much....
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

                        At what point, in your opinion, does it become too expensive to get Watson? My thought is that a 1st and 2nd this year, a 1st and 3rd next., and a 3rd and 4th the third is the max, unless you mix in trading to them someone like Von, then maybe a bit less in draft sacrifice. If it tries to go beyond that, I'd sooner see the Broncos trade up this draft to grab Fields or maybe even Wilson, which would still be cheaper than giving up more than what I said for Watson.

                        Broncos are going to have to keep filling their roster since Watson's contract is going to be a fair amount of the cap. They're going to have to replace Juwuan James and fill in the running back positions. And, they still have holes at defense since there are several who will be getting up in age or looking elsewhere in the next 3 years.
                        I'd give willingly give up 4 premium picks (1st and second round) with my preference being 2021 first, 2022 first and second and the 2023 conditional second, with that second bumping up to a first if conditions are met, such as Denver winning a playoff game in the next two years. I'd also add in Chubb who was a high pick, and has two years left of team control.

                        But the 2023 pick wouldn't be a hill I would die on, if Houston insists that it has to be a 1 right from the get go, I'd try to negotiate them off of that, but I wouldn't walk away because of it.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Jeez, you two are too reasonable. This is no fun....I'm done with both of you on this subject.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                            Jeez, you two are too reasonable. This is no fun....I'm done with both of you on this subject.

                            Haha.....I might have to check back, because I am not sure who wants Watson from those who don't want him?? Sometimes we argue even in agreement.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              The delay of a decision is what concerns me, it's a potential season killer.

                              I am on the fence about the overall trade for Watson. Thrilled to see his talent added, just not sure I am on board with the speculated market price to trade for him. Not arguing the potential of bring him in. I'm a fickle fan. I can get behind pretty much any QB plan they can come up with. Watson, Lock, #9, retread vet? Don't care! Just get some wins and become relevant again.

                              The delay and indecision is what i hat to see. More instability as this gets worked out. More players hanging in the wind. Players and coaches wondering if they are lame ducks, or have organizational support. Even Paton has to come up with rebuilding plans with widespread goals in the draft and free agency. How many picks will the Broncos have? Which rounds? Any money left for free agents? Which positional holes need to be filled?

                              This is the off-season. This is where players should be working on getting better and preparing for another season. Individual workouts are great but the team chemistry and coaching strategies are prepared now. Not critical yet but over the next couple months it does become more of an issue. Suggestions of the trade being made "after" the draft is disastrous. Not for the Texans who are likely tanking if they trade Watson. But for any team trading for him at the end of April it becomes an issue.

                              I have no clue what my expectation of a "deadline " should be. We are not close to it yet. But at some point the Broncos or any team need to let the dream go and prepare for the season if HOU/Watson cannot make a decision. For the Broncos, that means trying to inspire confidence into a young QB and all his teammates. IMO the longer this indecision lingers the worse it is for the Broncos season.
                              The Texans waiting would be bad for other teams.

                              For the Texans, it would verify one way or the other, Watson’s seriousness about not playing for them.

                              Why trade him before he actually proves he won’t play them?
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                The Texans holding onto Watson past the draft would be disastrous for them. GMs have a Plan A, B, and C. So if Watson isn’t made available, then teams will carry on with their plans. Any GM whose entire offseason plan ONLY revolves around getting Watson is probably not the smartest.

                                So let’s say they hold Watson... any 2022 draft picks they may seek to acquire will be unknown in terms of the exact range they will fall. Teams will have used up most of their cap space and those needy for a QB will probably have followed through with their plans (for the most part) by then. In other words, his trade value will not be any higher than it is right now.

                                As for Watson playing for them or not, I don’t know a single player who has requested a trade (with it becoming public) and continued to put their bodies on the line for that team. No matter how much money he is set to lose by sitting out— I guarantee that Watson will not play. He’s a superstar. He makes endorsement money. He will be fine. This Houston fiasco goes deeper than just him. This isn’t merely a little Watson vs. Texans issue, it’s a total Easterby/McNair plague. There will be no cute conversations in this business. Watson knows his worth and his potential. To play another down for the Texans would be detrimental to his career.

                                So, either way, the Texans lose. If they wait, they will lose even more. With that being said, they might as well accept they are going to lose and trade Watson for the best draft capital and return possible... which would be before the draft this offseason.
                                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X