Justin Simmons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Simmons

I want Denver to Keep Justin Simmons and I hope that they can Hammer Out a Deal. Do you all think Denver will be able to Sign J.S or Do you all think J.S. will be Franchised Tagged again or the Unthinkable Do You all think they let him go via Free Agency?

https://twitter.com/siriusxmnfl/stat...127068681?s=21

Sounds like he wants to be back so I think they hammer something out.

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
      https://twitter.com/siriusxmnfl/stat...127068681?s=21

Sounds like he wants to be back so I think they hammer something out.
      Yessssss !! Music To My Ears !!

Comment

I think they will get something done.

Comment

Sign him and pay him. He's proven his worth while playing for the Broncos. What the heck is the concern?

Comment

i think he may get Franchised again cause it may be cheaper then what he would get on the open market and stuff. i expect him to be a bronco 1 way or another.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              i think he may get Franchised again cause it may be cheaper then what he would get on the open market and stuff. i expect him to be a bronco 1 way or another.
              Yeeh, but it isn't much cheaper. And, maybe what they would pay now on a contract will be less than next year when the have to sign or let him go out on the market? If he has another good year, salaries will likely only go up, and next year what he can get may be another million or two a year. That would easily negate the savings now.

Elway seems to be too much the car salesman sometimes. Not sure how much Paton has a say in this, or any other player business transaction. Many of us, myself included, have relaxed our opinions of how much authority Paton has, when early talk was both Elway and Coach Grandpa would be a part of a three headed decision making process.

Comment

The Broncos might be hamstrung by the ownership situation.

Maybe they have to be very judicious about who gets a big money contract.

Hopefully it all gets worked out so that good players can stick around.
                Last edited by broncolee; 03-07-2021, 09:04 AM.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                  You were right:

Comment

Hopefully we get a deal done. He's a great player, and pillar of the community. Everything you want in a Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Yeeh, but it isn't much cheaper. And, maybe what they would pay now on a contract will be less than next year when the have to sign or let him go out on the market? If he has another good year, salaries will likely only go up, and next year what he can get may be another million or two a year. That would easily negate the savings now.

Elway seems to be too much the car salesman sometimes. Not sure how much Paton has a say in this, or any other player business transaction. Many of us, myself included, have relaxed our opinions of how much authority Paton has, when early talk was both Elway and Coach Grandpa would be a part of a three headed decision making process.
                      It doesn’t mean they can’t still get a deal done with him though. This is just to ensure that he doesn’t get to the open market. So far since Elway has been here Simmons is the only player to get tagged and not receive a long term extension, and I think that will get corrected this time around. I’m pretty sure Simmons is the only one to actually play on the tag as well.

Comment

I approve of this Move and Great Move by our New GM Paton. I am 100% sure that they will get a deal hammered out and I am super stoked that J.S. will be our Safety in 2021 Great News Indeed we need this in DBC !!

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                          I approve of this Move and Great Move by our New GM Paton. I am 100% sure that they will get a deal hammered out and I am super stoked that J.S. will be our Safety in 2021 Great News Indeed we need this in DBC !!
                          Agreed, hope they can get a long term deal done. Paton wants to get it done, tagging him just makes sure they can continue having the conversation between today and next offseason if it takes that long. Both sides want a long term deal, but it all comes down to the right money.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

It doesn’t mean they can’t still get a deal done with him though. This is just to ensure that he doesn’t get to the open market. So far since Elway has been here Simmons is the only player to get tagged and not receive a long term extension, and I think that will get corrected this time around. I’m pretty sure Simmons is the only one to actually play on the tag as well.
                            I'm curious why they simply can't get it done now instead of having to tag him? Is there something in the rules preventing them for creating and signing a contract now? Or, are they trying to "nickel and dime" this guy? If they let this play out to him playing while tagged, I don't want to hear the complaints next year if he does well again (like he has every season), gets even bigger offers, and the Broncos don't keep him.

He's a solid player. He's consistent. He's a young man of strong character. He's been a Bronco his entire career. He's stood strong on garbage teams. What's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              The Broncos might be hamstrung by the ownership situation.

Maybe they have to be very judicious about who gets a big money contract.

Hopefully it all gets worked out so that good play can stick around.
                              The Broncos spend all of their money on the cap regardless of ownership.

From what I saw last year imo this is a continuation of agents wanting to drive the prices up as far as they possibly can while the Broncos use the tag to try and keep the price down.

The players and NFL agreed to spread the reduced cap over four years starting in 2021. Even if we get fans back into the stadiums in 2021 there will still be some debt from 2020 that is going to reduce the cap for years to come. The smart teams are making long term smart moves to ensure they do not HAVE to cut players just to get under the cap ... like we will start seeing very soon in the for the many teams who need to free up cap space just so they can sign draft picks and have the 5-9 mil operating space a team needs each year. Some teams are going to find the cap very difficult in 2021 imo.

The Broncos spend all of their cap but they are also trying to be prepared for the reduced cap from the 2020 season spread over multiple years.
                              Let's Ride!

Comment

Working...
                              X