Denver Broncos FA News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Duke Johnson, Veteran QB, Malik Hooker and Jurrell Casey are the players I would be looking at bringing in to help the team. But as many have mentioned prior to this post....it is best for the team's interest and the Free Agent's interest to wait till after the Draft.

Edit* Add Giovani Bernard to that list.
    I would bring back Casey for sure !!

Comment

• With the Stephan signing I’m am not expecting Casey. Until then I was hopeful. Now it looks like they filled that role. Still would add another DT/NT if one presents in the draft. Purcell is a solid starter. Just adding a Shelvin, Tufele or Tonga type NT would not break my heart.

At RB, I would prefer one drafted over a vet. They have Gordon. Now add his replacement in the early rounds of the draft.

Like the Hooker/ or vet S free agent idea. Maybe a vet pass rusher? A swing OT?

My strongest free agent wish is a vet QB. They need one no matter which young QB they choose to go with.

Prefer they use cap over draft picks to add one unless a late rounder. Prefer they keep those early picks for quality depth. And more importantly that Paton lives up to his reputation and drafts well!
      Last edited by FR Tim; 04-07-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Bengals just released Giovani Bernard. He's a good pass catcher out of the backfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
          Bengals just released Giovani Bernard. He's a good pass catcher out of the backfield.
          too bad the broncos don't throw to their RBs much.
          sigpic

Comment

• With the draft and Rodgers dominating the recent discussion it seemed a good time to remind that there are still some other things going on with the team. They still have a lot of cap left to make some moves. Some going to an OT of course.

Recent moves that kind of went unnoticed as far as I can tell.

Broncos signed a TE. Eric Saubert. Seems to be more blocker then pass catcher and has some experience in the league. Not a “big” move but nice addition.

Will Parks just signed with Chiefs. I know some were including him on depth charts but it seems the youth movement by taking 2 safeties in the draft had ramifications.

Now we wait to see how the OT search goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              With the draft and Rodgers dominating the recent discussion it seemed a good time to remind that there are still some other things going on with the team. They still have a lot of cap left to make some moves. Some going to an OT of course.

Broncos signed a TE. Eric Saubert. Seems to be more blocker then pass catcher and has some experience in the league. Not a “big” move but nice addition.

Will Parks just signed with Chiefs. I know some were including him on depth charts but it seems the youth movement by taking 2 safeties in the draft had ramifications.

they also released driskel.
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• I'm not sure what GBs line situation is, but not having a RT and getting murdered in the backfield is probably not ARs idea of a good time... you can have all the weapons in the world, but if you don't have time, it doesn't matter

Comment

With the draft and Rodgers dominating the recent discussion it seemed a good time to remind that there are still some other things going on with the team. They still have a lot of cap left to make some moves. Some going to an OT of course.

I am bummed that we could not retain Will Parks. Parks was very underrated if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I am bummed that we could not retain Will Parks. Parks was very underrated if you ask me.
                    I agree. Not like Parks broke the bank either. Seeing $1.4m for one year with KC.

Perhaps they are expecting Sterns and Johnson to fit in quickly and just no roster space?

Comment

I agree. Not like Parks broke the bank either. Seeing $1.4m for one year with KC.

Perhaps they are expecting Sterns and Johnson to fit in quickly and just no roster space?
                      Yeah, I wanted Parks back also...but after us drafting as many DBs as we did, it was obvious we weren't looking to bring him back. To be honest, as much as I like Parks in a reserve role, I want to get these rookies out on the field as quickly as possible. In small doses of course.
                      New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Hoping we sign Dennis Kelly to play RT.

Also would like for the Broncos to look at LB KJ Wright but I doubt they will.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                          Hoping we sign Dennis Kelly to play RT.

Also would like for the Broncos to look at LB KJ Wright but I doubt they will.
                          Both would be solid additions. I would be happy with one or both.

Starting to wonder why the delay on signing any OT, not just Kelly. What are they waiting for?

Have not seen any news of additional interviews. Or any offers on the table type rumors. The options are already limited, waiting for players and to sign elsewhere just weakens the options even more. Curious strategy. Maybe I’m just impatient.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

too bad the broncos don't throw to their RBs much.
                            Herd is said on Bronco youtube channel videos that both Vic and Shurmur were pushing towards throwing more deep balls in 2020. The Broncos were 6th in Intended Air Yards just behind the Chiefs. They were just behind the Buc (tied for 1st actually) for Intended Air Yards per pass attempt.

We definitely should get the short passing game going on more.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0/advanced.htm
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Starting to wonder why the delay on signing any OT, not just Kelly. What are they waiting for?

Have not seen any news of additional interviews. Or any offers on the table type rumors. The options are already limited, waiting for players and to sign elsewhere just weakens the options even more. Curious strategy. Maybe I’m just impatient.
                              Kelly is coming for a visit this week. That was reported a few days ago. I think it's a given they sign someone, likely him.

Wright hasn't gotten the offers he expected so I think he may be had for a decent price, maybe on a one year deal. Adding someone like him could really help our linebacker room.

Comment

this are not instant, you wont sign some one with out working them out and stuff. or at least you shouldn't. it is how you end up with players like Stephenson.
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X