Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Reuter's (NFL N) Four Round 2021 NFL Mock Draft

Four-round 2021 NFL mock draft 1.0: Saints trade up for QB in Round 1

This is an interesting mock, given it's 4 rounds, and it has trades.

FTR...he has Denver going:

#9 - Surtain II CB

#40 - Moehrig S

#71 - Carman OT

#115 - Togiai DT

He has 1st round QBs going at 1 - Lawrence (Jags), 2 - Wilson (Jets), 4 - Lance (Falcons), 8 - Fields (Panthers), 14 - Jones (Saints in a trade)

Just a little more draft fun.

My question to you.....is The Zach Wilson hype going to lift him to 2, and maybe, just maybe, get him some #1 talk???

I’ll be genuinely shocked if Fields drops to 8 and I might stop scouting as a hobby if he drops to 24 like Casserly predicts in his mock. He should be the 2nd QB taken. I just don’t see the hype with Wilson. This is starting to remind of when Deshaun Watson came out. I’m not saying Wilson will be what Trubisky has been but it doesn’t make sense to me based off the complete body of work.

I’m also seeing Lance going to the Falcons at 4 a lot more which is just insane to me. Even in the mock they say he needs time to learn, and I get that Ryan gives him that time theoretically but why not just take the QB that is better right now and has just as much if not more potential?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      I’ll be genuinely shocked if Fields drops to 8 and I might stop scouting as a hobby if he drops to 24 like Casserly predicts in his mock. He should be the 2nd QB taken. I just don’t see the hype with Wilson. This is starting to remind of when Deshaun Watson came out. I’m not saying Wilson will be what Trubisky has been but it doesn’t make sense to me based off the complete body of work.

I’m also seeing Lance going to the Falcons at 4 a lot more which is just insane to me. Even in the mock they say he needs time to learn, and I get that Ryan gives him that time theoretically but why not just take the QB that is better right now and has just as much if not more potential?
      I just keep hearing so much about Wilson....it's like there's going to be a Mayfield type surge that may or may not be warranted. But I sense someone will try hard to move up to get him.

Comment

I'm curious why the Broncos are disregarded as a team in need of a QB in these mock drafts. I've only seen one mock draft so far that has the Broncos making a move for a QB. The Broncos need their QB as much as any team in the NFL who needs their's. That dumb CB pick isn't going to push the Broncos into a significant team. This "build for the future" is a bunch of nonsense when a team doesn't have the adequate individual at the most influential and important position on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
          I'm curious why the Broncos are disregarded as a team in need of a QB in these mock drafts. I've only seen one mock draft so far that has the Broncos making a move for a QB. The Broncos need their QB as much as any team in the NFL who needs their's. That dumb CB pick isn't going to push the Broncos into a significant team. This "build for the future" is a bunch of nonsense when a team doesn't have the adequate individual at the most influential and important position on the field.
          i feel like the common belief is that Lock has shown enough to give him another year. i really only like QB if Fields, Lawrence or Wilson is there. which hardly happens.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

The lack of mock draft projection of a QB for the Broncos likely comes from the belief of most of the analysts or scouts putting out those mock drafts that the Broncos are either making a big move for a vet QB or continuing to develop Lock.

My overall feeling is those same evaluators give Lock higher grades and upside then most fans are giving him.

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
              Good observation. I have seen us take a QB at 9 in a few, but that's not the norm. I think the comments above mine are consistent with what's going on....either we're all out on Watson, or even another pro, or it's Lock. In the thread you started about rebuilding the dynasty, I had three plans - A, B, C,,,,relative to our QB situation. My first was go get Watson (or even Wilson), but my plan B was to keep Lock and possibly draft a mid round QB, if one checked the key boxes. The reason I did not go for a QB early, plan C, was that to me it was too much capital in 2 young QBs, and with no guarantees. In that scenario I did see Wilson as the guy to go for, but that would cost some to move up.

Regardless, like most of the mock drafters, I think we generally see a big trade or stick with Lock one more year...and if that doesn't go well, 2022 is QB or else!!

Comment

Don't be fooled, were going QB unless they are all gone by 9. No way jones or lance gets by us. No CB or any other position will help us.

We should keep Lock, let him start if he earns it and see what he's got. Same Lock? Next guy up. No retreads. Not only is QB the most important position on the field, it's the most important position in all of sports and we last in the division and probably the entire NFL.

QBs are like a lottery ticket, nobody knows which one will be best until they play. Some think Jones is the second best. Nobody thought Herbert would have been the best last year.

Comment

Working...
                X