Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Jones - "Wish" The Broncos Could Sign Him!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Jones - "Wish" The Broncos Could Sign Him!!

I am a bit surprised that The Pack are passing over Aaron Jones, so far, given they have not tagged him, nor worked out a new deal. One report I read says The Packers started off "pretty low" in terms of contract for this pro bowler, going into his 5th year.

Lets look at some of the numbers:

1,105 yards rushing / 5.5 yds per / 9 TDs / 47 receptions for 355 yds / 2 TDs

1,084 yards rushing / 4.6 yds per / 16 TDs / 49 receptions for 474 yds / 3 TDs

~~~~~~~

Though not a big back, (it says) 5'9 and 208 lbs, this is a very dynamic and mutli purpose back. He's reportedly a really nice young man as well.

Sure, we have Lindsay and Gordon. But for me, Jones is the better back at this point.

Here's the problem...this will be his first good contract, and he will expect about $12M or even more, given the tag is $11.2M and Dalvin Cook is at $12.6M. It's reported that The Pack started off around $9M per, which is a pretty low starting point. BUT, they have Dillon and Williams, and they only have so much coin.

Apparently Miami is quite interested. Whether Tua's the QB or not, Jones would be an excellent asset to any QB. Talented runner/receiver! That of course would apply here, if Lock is the starter. What a nice talent to have beside you!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-11-2021, 11:44 AM.

Packers can't really afford him and they knew they couldn't, thats why Dillon was drafted. Packers have a lot of key defensive players that need new contracts, they are choosing to use the money they have on those players. They'd love to have Jones back and will continue to try and get a deal done, but ultimately they won't overspend on a running back. I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to not even offer another contract and try to sign Ju-Ju to partner him with Adams.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The title confused me. I thought you were saying that Aaron Jones wishes the Broncos would sign him. If we let Lindsay go, then I say sure, but Shurmur didn't utilize Lindsay the way he should have been, Aaron Jones is almost the same mold. I prefer to keep Lindsay and make him the feature back, but I highly doubt Shurmur will do that, so I want to see Lindsay go to a team that would maximize his potential. Ironically, if Aaron Jones doesn't resign with the Packers, I think Lindsay could be the best fit as Jones' replacement.
      Last edited by Eddie "$" Royal; 03-11-2021, 12:46 PM.
      sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie "$" Royal View Post
        The title confused me. I thought you were saying that Aaron Jones wishes the Broncos would sign him. If we let Lindsay go, then I say sure, but Shurmur didn't utilize Lindsay the way he should have been, Aaron Jones is almost the same mold. I prefer to keep Lindsay and make him the feature back, but I highly doubt Shurmur will do that, so I want to see Lindsay go to a team that would maximize his potential. Ironically, if Aaron Jones doesn't resign with the Packers, I think Lindsay could be the best fit as Jone's replacement.
        Sorry about the title....I didn't think it thru!

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          Packers can't really afford him and they knew they couldn't, thats why Dillon was drafted. Packers have a lot of key defensive players that need new contracts, they are choosing to use the money they have on those players. They'd love to have Jones back and will continue to try and get a deal done, but ultimately they won't overspend on a running back. I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to not even offer another contract and try to sign Ju-Ju to partner him with Adams.
          I luv Aaron Jones....at times he's a one man act in the backfield. Amazing stats in Fantasy the year I had him (I know, who cares!). But I think The Pack would be wise to at least add a quality WR - like JuJu, given the RBs they have now. But Jones has been so fun to watch over the last 2 seasons! He can even go long as a receiver.

Unfortunately, his only weak game I can distinctly remember was against The Bucs in the playoffs. But everyone has a poor day.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I luv Aaron Jones....at times he's a one man act in the backfield. Amazing stats in Fantasy the year I had him (I know, who cares!). But I think The Pack would be wise to at least add a quality WR - like JuJu, given the RBs they have now. But Jones has been so fun to watch over the last 2 seasons! He can even go long as a receiver.

Unfortunately, his only weak game I can distinctly remember was against The Bucs in the playoffs. But everyone has a poor day.
            Yea you have to trade that off. If you let an offensive weapon walk, you replace it with an offensive weapon. Especially if you think the passing game can be improved, which it does need, since out side of Adams, the Packers receivers have a habit of dropping passes in crucial situations, you should sign a solid number 2.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

As you've pointed out, the contract is the problem. RB just isn't a valued position anymore, and the shelf life of an NFL RB isn't long, so that's a position where there's a real chance that you're going to end up paying a guy for what he did for his old team, not what he'll do for your team.

But with that being said, I'm biased because I'd prefer the Broncos draft, Javonte Williams, Michael Carter or Chuba Hubbard as the next Denver RB.

Comment

They reached a 4yr, 48mil deal. 13mil in signing bonus.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  They reached a 4yr, 48mil deal. 13mil in signing bonus.
                  Good for Aaron J and The Pack!!

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    As you've pointed out, the contract is the problem. RB just isn't a valued position anymore, and the shelf life of an NFL RB isn't long, so that's a position where there's a real chance that you're going to end up paying a guy for what he did for his old team, not what he'll do for your team.

But with that being said, I'm biased because I'd prefer the Broncos draft, Javonte Williams, Michael Carter or Chuba Hubbard as the next Denver RB.
                    if its any consolation im in favor of ditching gordon and drafting both williams and carter
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Packers signed him

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-jones...-year-48m-deal

Pretty nice of them. One option to RBs is just to keep franchise tagging them until they wear out since the contracts so low.
                      Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

if its any consolation im in favor of ditching gordon and drafting both williams and carter
                        I agree on ditching one of the two Broncos RBs, we just disagree on which one.

Comment

i feel that gordon is over paid and his production doesnt come close to matching his pay. his dui thing just sold me on not wanting him here
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

They may both be back.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                            X