paton attending ndsu pro day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paton attending ndsu pro day?

did i hear this right that paton is attending ndsu pro day tomorrow? thought i heard dmac say this...cant find anything on the nets though
    Glen Haven Fire

k guess i didnt look hard enough....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...ack-trey-lance

anyone know if hes personally attended anyone elses pro day?
    Last edited by armedequation; 03-11-2021, 06:50 PM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

This will be his first Pro Day as GM.

Comment

They've also got a pretty good tackle who should be there in round 2. If you're looking fortify lines then Dillon Radunz could be a name.

Comment

Glad to hear this.
          I think Lance is the best selection we could make. At just 20 years old he will need some a time -at least a year or two- and we are in the perfect scenario where we have a QB under contract for 2 more seasons. At the end of Lances potential 5 year rookie contract, he will only be the age of Lock right now.
          If Paton sees "potential" in Lock at 25 then he must see it oozing from Lance at 20. Potential is the only only thing we are banking on with Lock, it shouldn't be surprising that the team is looking at others with the same open mind.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
            Glad to hear this.
            I think Lance is the best selection we could make. At just 20 years old he will need some a time -at least a year or two- and we are in the perfect scenario where we have a QB under contract for 2 more seasons. At the end of Lances potential 5 year rookie contract, he will only be the age of Lock right now.
            If Paton sees "potential" in Lock at 25 then he must see it oozing from Lance at 20. Potential is the only only thing we are banking on with Lock, it shouldn't be surprising that the team is looking at others with the same open mind.
            For some reason I never saw Lance that way until you just mentioned it. For all the talk about Lance being another multi-year project, especially after what we are going through with Lock, I forget that Lance is a whole FOUR years younger than Lock. They're both very different prospects with different skill-sets and played against different levels of competition, but one QB was considered a project after 50 starts in college and the other is a project after 18 starts. While I'm personally not the highest on Lance, I would not be opposed to taking him at 9. I think Lance is a true Josh Allen type of prospect with a high-floor with his athleticism and running ability. At least he will be able to contribute in that way early on while he develops as a passer. Mike Shula, our current QB coach, was instrumental in a young Cam Newton's development with Carolina. I would have faith in our coaching staff in developing Lance.

Comment

Paton has said in presser he likes to watch players in person as opposed to tape.

Would not be surprised if he goes to many Pro Days. Never know who we will have a chance to get.
              Let's Ride!

Comment

If we pick Lance at #9 I'm gonna puke . It be a terrible pick.

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                  According to Benjamin Allbright, any team that wants Lance will need to trade up to the 3rd spot in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                    Like you know? Give me a break. Let's be realistic, nobody knows. QBs are like a lottery ticket but guess what, you can't win the lottery ticket unless u get a ticket. There's 5 first round QBs, nobody knows which ones can turn out to be the next franchise QBs.

The best pick the Broncos can make this draft is any of the top 5 QBs at 9. Don't trade up, just pick up the scraps. I personally would prefer Jones but would be perfectly fine with Lance. What I won't be fine with is any position other other than QB if there's one there. No CB nor LB will win us the division, only a stellar QB.

Comment

Originally posted by S037474 View Post

Like you know? Give me a break. Let's be realistic, nobody knows. QBs are like a lottery ticket but guess what, you can't win the lottery ticket unless u get a ticket. There's 5 first round QBs, nobody knows which ones can turn out to be the next franchise QBs.

The best pick the Broncos can make this draft is any of the top 5 QBs at 9. Don't trade up, just pick up the scraps. I personally would prefer Jones but would be perfectly fine with Lance. What I won't be fine with is any position other other than QB if there's one there. No CB nor LB will win us the division, only a stellar QB.
                      I'm not sure any of the top 5 gets to the 9th pick. If Allbright is right, someone will trade up to 3 to get Lance, then the Falcons probably choose Fields, and you've still got the Panthers there at 8 (if they didn't move up to 3). Add in the other teams below Denver that need a QB, I don't see a QB getting to Denver. But I do think there will be a very good player pushed down, which could give Denver a higher level of prospect, or it could lead to Denver having a robust trade market for someone looking to trade up for whichever player dropped.

Also Tampa won the Super Bowl because of their D, not their QB. Granted Denver needs much better play from the QB position, but as we've seen constantly in the history of the NFL, the way to beat a high octane offense isn't by trying to outscore them, it's by beating them with defense.

Comment

Originally posted by S037474 View Post

and any one of these top 5 qbs will win us the division???
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I'm not sure any of the top 5 gets to the 9th pick. If Allbright is right, someone will trade up to 3 to get Lance, then the Falcons probably choose Fields, and you've still got the Panthers there at 8 (if they didn't move up to 3). Add in the other teams below Denver that need a QB, I don't see a QB getting to Denver. But I do think there will be a very good player pushed down, which could give Denver a higher level of prospect, or it could lead to Denver having a robust trade market for someone looking to trade up for whichever player dropped.

Also Tampa won the Super Bowl because of their D, not their QB. Granted Denver needs much better play from the QB position, but as we've seen constantly in the history of the NFL, the way to beat a high octane offense isn't by trying to outscore them, it's by beating them with defense.
                          if one of these qbs are on the board at 9 then its prime situation to fleece someone that wants to trade up for them as well...

that being said it would be much worse to pick rosseau or one of the edge players (cant think of the guys name) at 9 than trey lance. I think puking because we drafted trey is pretty melodramatic. If we do pick trey at 9, i wouldnt play him in his first year...i would sit him and develop him.
                          Last edited by armedequation; 03-12-2021, 03:13 PM.
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Yep. A golden chance to add another 2022 first round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              Yep. A golden chance to add another 2022 first round pick.
                              would you prefer that or a first and 2nd this year?
                              just a what if scenerio
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X