No announcement yet.

paton attending ndsu pro day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pro style meaning they huddle and the qb actually calls plays instead of looking to the sidelines for a number.
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      pro style meaning they huddle and the qb actually calls plays instead of looking to the sidelines for a number.
      Probably under center a significant percentage of the snaps; little or no Option; mix of angle blocking and zone steps in the rushing attack; and, a variety of formations using 21, 11, 12 personnel.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        The pro day was good I guess, I think the drills are kind of pointless for QBs unless you have serious doubts about their accuracy. There was something that jumped out at me though. His right foot was back on his shotgun reps. I’m not going to beat a dead horse about how I don’t like it for a young QB especially one that already has footwork and timing issues, but I will say this is the 3rd set of base mechanics I’ve seen Lance work with. His lone great season in college was closer to traditional, his one game this season he was doing some funky rhythmic hip stuff, and now he’s got his right foot back vs what he’s used to.

It doesn’t mean he won’t be successful, but it doesn’t help move me off the opinion that he’s at least a 2 year project at QB. Also what classifies as a pro style offense now? Because I wouldn’t say he ran a pro style offense in college, sure he was under center and there were some pro concepts, but it was a pretty old school pro style offense. I think the other guys ran more of a pro style offense than what Lance ran.
        Can you give examples of what is meant by "pretty old school pro style offense"?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Probably under center a significant percentage of the snaps; little or no Option; mix of angle blocking and zone steps in the rushing attack; and, a variety of formations using 21, 11, 12 personnel.
          thanks for that. meant to post the first part of what you posted
          Last edited by armedequation; 03-15-2021, 12:26 PM.
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

whats the point of taking lance at #9 all we will here is "anti lock crap", and if he doesnt get to play "anti elway crap", and if he plays and sucks as young qbs are known to do...cries of bust and wasted pick

bronco fans got no patience, i think lock has more skill than lance, and a better chance at reaching a solid starting qb than lance in the next few years

getting lance does NOTHING for this team for the next 3 to 4 years if ever
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
            X