Which QB to draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which QB to draft?

Our team is set on both sides of the ball other than QB. Lock lovers, no need to worry, he's going no where and gets a real chance to start and will probably win that chance.

However, should Lock fail, the Broncos draft a QB in the 1st. This team is ready to win and win now. A LB will not win the division. In 2016 we had th 4th best defense yet we were the 3rd best team in the division. Let's NOT repeat 2016.

A. Trade up, 2 firsts and 2 seconds to trade up to 3 to get who the broncos like if he's there?

B. Stay put and see what falls? Scraps? I'd like this if it's Mac Jones but I have a feeling his stock will sky rocket after pro day.

C. Take a chance on Mond or Newman in the later rounds if the Broncos really like one of these guys.

My number one realistic QB is Jones. He reminds me of a immobile Joe Burrow. Smart, dedicated, reads Defenses, processes through his receivers, super accurate. That's everything I want in a QB. I don't care he doesn't have a big arm. Brady doesn't have a big arm. I don't care he's not mobile, Manning was not mobile nor is brady, or marino, or many other greats.

We are going to have an opportunity to draft a good thing gb.

I hope for jones or mond. Assuming wilson, lawrence will be gone.

Fieldss or lance would be fun to see what happens.

Comment

Lots of things to ponder here. I'm all in on wanting a new QB. I was all aboard the Deshaun Watson movement but I think that's done in Denver. Miami or Carolina are the teams to watch for him.

Let's say he gets traded to Miami and Miami gives up Tua in the trade. Do the Texans take QB? They just got Tua and not to mention they just signed Tyrod Taylor. I don't think they do, I think they take a WR.

Jets, do the Jets trade Darnold? To who? If the Jets stay with Darnold they won't draft a QB. They are the perfect trade back team. However, I don't think it will be Denver, I think it will be Falcons or Lions. But, at this point we are still only 2 QBs taken. We know Lawrence is going one, that's not a question.

Imo the Jags, Falcons, Lions, Eagles and Broncos are the top 10 teams going QB or wanting to go QB. Texans once they get into that 3 spot could trade down for more picks yet since they are so hurting for draft capital.

It will be very interesting to see what happens come draft day. The QB I want? Is Fields or Wilson, depending on who you ask both are considered the 2nd best prospect. I'd be Ok with Lance or Jones but I don't see much difference between them and Lock so what's the point

Comment

My Plan A was Watson. As of today, I am the least certain about his future— and even less so about the possibility of him being in Denver.

My Plan B is drafting a QB. Justin Fields is my guy this year. If I am Denver, I am finding a way to get him no matter what. And any trade-up to get him wouldn’t cost nearly as much as it would to get Watson. Trey Lance is my second option, and it’s a real possibility he’s available at 9– but a high-ceiling QB like him usually goes top 5. Mac Jones is my super darkhorse pick at 9. He’s an obvious fit for Shurmur’s offense and I think he could carve out a long career in the NFL.
        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

If I was Paton I would not go after any of the QBs. None of the ones who would be available imo are worth the price that is going to take to get them. If Paton makes a big trade and the QB does not work out his time in Denver will be a failure.

Maybe he works some magic...maybe we get a great QB...I just think that is a pipe dream not worth taking a hit on.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

1. Zach Wilson, BYU. ...
            2. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson. ...
            3. Justin Fields, Ohio State. ...
            4. Trey Lance, NDSU. ...
            5. Mac Jones, Alabama. ...
            6. Kellen Mond, Texas A&M. ...
            7. Jamie Newman, Georgia/Wake Forest. ...
            8. Ian Book, Notre Dame.
            Out of this list of top 8, Who's the best fit for us????

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              1. Zach Wilson, BYU. ...
              2. Trevor Lawrence, Clemson. ...
              3. Justin Fields, Ohio State. ...
              4. Trey Lance, NDSU. ...
              5. Mac Jones, Alabama. ...
              6. Kellen Mond, Texas A&M. ...
              7. Jamie Newman, Georgia/Wake Forest. ...
              8. Ian Book, Notre Dame.
              Out of this list of top 8, Who's the best fit for us????
              Figure 1 and 2 will not be available. So to me....Trey Lance is the pick. He's not ready to start 2021....we give Drew the chance to succeed in his 3rd year....use Lance on specialty plays like New Orleans has done and if Drew fails, we have our QB of the future on the team. Otherwise, you draft Mac Jones to start and you trade Lock. Just feel like Fields is Haskin all over again.

Comment

If only Lock had performed a little better this season......

Had he, we would have saved a bunch of internet trees talking about Watson and even Wilson, and which one to draft, and so on. It would have been simply, who do we want in FA and The Draft, other than a QB. Too easy I suppose. So sad, because I was hoping to go to The Draft with the #9 selection and then sit still for a bit, and assess whether a stud was falling towards us, even move up 1 or 2 spots if necessary (but no more) to land them. OR, see what's up at 9, and decide if there was action to trade back and accumulate good picks.

Oh well.....

I do not advise moving up a number of spots to land a QB. Maybe for Wilson if he does not go at 1 or 2. Maybe, pending the requirements. But if we are going QB in the draft, I sure hope they come up near our pick, because this is getting expensive...with no guarantees. I wish we could seek out one a couple of rounds back. Less guarantee, but lots of non QB opportunity. It's the "Last Call Drew" season, and if he fails to keep the job, you go all out next year!!

(As an aside, if somehow they rule on Watson early enough, and he's proven innocent, I would still go after him. Lesser price I am sure, even if innocent)

Comment

I think Jamie Newman later in the rounds would be ideal.

Comment

Looking at that list and the options, I still think the best course of action is continue developing Lock. Use any of the assets discussed for trades to improve the team. and lastly sign a free agent vet QB to mentor him on being a professional QB. If the vet has to play for stretches of injury or poor play so be it. Keep Rypian around as the 3rd QB.

Alex Smith is a perfect choice IMO, if he would agree to the role. Fitzpatrick and guys like Jeff Garcia or Josh McCown have have extended their careers by embracing the role.

Add another RB and create a true balanced offense that creates stabilities instead of relying on exposing Lock to having to make plays when the formations and protections break down.

I'm not in the Dove Valley meeting rooms or practice fields so I have no clue if my confidence is misguided or not. We will see.

The last thing I think they need is to draft a QB. They have enough QBs to develop. A late rounder makes no sense to me. And if they draft one early, they need to trade Lock. It would be a disaster to try to manage the QB controversy of Lock vs Lance or Jones. Especially Jones, overrated IMO. he is a product of a beneficial system and dominating WRs. JMO

Comment

Mac Jones, without a doubt, the guy will be the new Tom Brady, can print the screen and charge me later, if we let him escape it will be the worst thing Denver will do in its history, believe me.
                      These QBs, who are first in the draft will be good but I think Mac Jones has personality, field vision, quick release, and precision, he is not a sprinter nor a juggler like Mahomes who runs "40 yards back" and suffers the Sack back there in an SB.
                      I don't put faith in Trey Lance and Justin Fields, I prefer the style and technique of Mac Jones and Zach Wilson and also Trevor Lawrence but I think Mac Jones will do better than all of them in the NFL.
                      Last edited by Rictraldi; 03-21-2021, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rictraldi View Post
                        Mac Jones, without a doubt, the guy will be the new Tom Brady, can print the screen and charge me later, if we let him escape it will be the worst thing Denver will do in its history, believe me.
                        These trendy QBs who are first in the draft will be good but I think Mac Jones has personality, field vision, quick release, and precision, he is not a sprinter nor a juggler like Mahomes who runs "40 yards back" and suffers the Sack on an SB.
                        I don't put faith in Trey Lance and Justin Fields, I prefer the style and technique of Mac Jones and Zach Wilson and also Trevor Lawrence but I think Mac Jones will do better than all of them in the NFL.Mac Jones, without a doubt, the guy will be the new Tom Brady, can print the screen and charge me later, if we let him escape it will be the worst thing Denver will do in its history, believe me.
                        These trendy QBs who are first in the draft will be good but I think Mac Jones has personality, field vision, quick release, and precision, he is not a sprinter nor a juggler like Mahomes who runs "40 yards back" and suffers the Sack on an SB.
                        I don't put faith in Trey Lance and Justin Fields, I prefer the style and technique of Mac Jones and Zach Wilson and also Trevor Lawrence but I think Mac Jones will do better than all of them in the NFL.
                        Worste in history??...I think passing on Tom Brady or Russell Wilson hurts a tad. Jones could be good but he'll have to break the bama mold. There are some college organizations that just don't produce good NFL QBs. Not saying it can't happen.... but....I'm just saying

Comment

justin fields. he is gonna run low 4.4 high 4.3 and blow out the combine or his proday.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

If Fields is there at 9 it has to be him (if the team isn’t sold on Lock). If he isn’t, I’m not pulling the trigger at 9 for any other QB available. Mac Jones is more likely to be Chad Pennington than Tom Brady. Brady’s the exception, not the norm. Trey Lance means at least another season of Lock if not 2 and if Lock turns it around it becomes a wasted pick. Lawrence won’t be there. Wilson should be there but he won’t because of this weird infatuation teams have with overvaluing certain QBs and turning minor flaws for the consensus top guys throughout the college season into major obstacles. Wilson seems to be the shiny toy this draft for many GMs.

Only other QB I’d want would be Newman later in the draft. Even then that has the same potential to play out as the Lance scenario does but at least it isn’t a wasted 1st round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rictraldi View Post
                              These QBs, who are first in the draft will be good but I think Mac Jones has personality, field vision, quick release, and precision, he is not a sprinter nor a juggler like Mahomes who runs "40 yards back" and suffers the Sack back there in an SB.

I would like Denver to Draft Mac Jones. Since all mocks having him go New England and with all talking heads proclaiming he is Tom Brady 2.0 Denver should Definitely Draft Mac Jones and lead the AFC for the Next 20 year’s Oh Yeah!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X