Which QB to draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

The same can be said about our OC Pat not calling the correct plays until the end of the season. The truth is this is a Make or Break type of year for both QB's for Sam and Drew and it at this point we all have to wait to see can Drew put it together like Josh Allen did ? 3rd year Critical
    Josh Allen is one of 4 QBs in the last 20 years to raise his completion percentage by more than 10 points from one year to the next. He raised it 13 and his climb is nearly unprecedented. I have head multiple NFL QB gurus say that his turn around is almost unheard of.

While it would be nice, I don't think it is realistic. I hope he gets better but I seriously doubt he will have anything like a Josh Allen climb. I hope I am wrong... if we keep him of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Darnold is better than Lock. Pure and simple. And yes you can point to what he dealt with in New York. Drew had good receivers, a solid offensive line and two good RB's. What did Darnold have? As for Gase? Just look at Tannehill with Gase in Miami and without him in Tennessee.

I'm sick of the excuses for Lock.
      But you're making excuses for Darnold. If he were better than Lock there would be some evidence, but there is none. In 20 more games he's been a worse QB than Lock.

Comment

• I really wish people would stop comparing Sam Darnold to Ryan Tannehill. When did Tannehill regress in his first three years, and when was he ever as bad as Darnold under Gase? If you're going to compare Darnold to anybody, you should probably compare him to 35 year old Joe Flacco, because you could make a legitimate argument that Flacco outplayed him last season. And I probably don't have to, but there you go on the beauty of that comparison being that we've already seen Flacco and Lock in action on the same team before.

Comment

Darnold is better than Lock. Pure and simple. And yes you can point to what he dealt with in New York. Drew had good receivers, a solid offensive line and two good RB's. What did Darnold have? As for Gase? Just look at Tannehill with Gase in Miami and without him in Tennessee.

I'm sick of the excuses for Lock.
          im not sure how darnold can be be better. if anything they are sorta similar. drews best reciever went down with injury, interior offensive line play wasnt heads and shoulders great and one of those running backs was injured for some games. Darnold had gates but we had shurmur and i dont think shurmur is anything special. sounds pretty similar although denvers defense was better overall
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

But you're making excuses for Darnold. If he were better than Lock there would be some evidence, but there is none. In 20 more games he's been a worse QB than Lock.
            Actually, I'm not. Watching Darnold and Lock in college and the NFL, you can clearly see that Darnold is the better QB. Darnold is a smarter QB and a better passer. His mobility is as good if not better than Lock's. Remember the TD run he had against us? If Darnold had what Drew has had to work with, we would have seen so much more. Stats don't tell the whole story. And Darnold wouldn't have put us in the situation Drew did against New Orleans.

Just watch how he does in Carolina. You cannot begin to imagine how putrid the Jets organization is... it's way worse than ours currently is.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

im not sure how darnold can be be better. if anything they are sorta similar. drews best reciever went down with injury, interior offensive line play wasnt heads and shoulders great and one of those running backs was injured for some games. Darnold had gates but we had shurmur and i dont think shurmur is anything special. sounds pretty similar although denvers defense was better overall
              Darnold went down because his offensive line was terrible. Even Aaron Rodgers went down due to bad offensive line play in the past. Drew was injured because his pocket awareness is below average.

Yes, Shurmur is nothing special, but I think it's obvious Gase is as bad as it gets. And Lock has been given everything a QB could want in the way of receivers and backs.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Look, Darnold is in Carolina so there's no reason to even continue.

I think Darnold is better. And if we roll with Lock, I think we'll see the difference between them this year.

Comment

Actually, I'm not. Watching Darnold and Lock in college and the NFL, you can clearly see that Darnold is the better QB. Darnold is a smarter QB and a better passer. His mobility is as good if not better than Lock's. Remember the TD run he had against us? If Darnold had what Drew has had to work with, we would have seen so much more. Stats don't tell the whole story. And Darnold wouldn't have put us in the situation Drew did against New Orleans.

Just watch how he does in Carolina. You cannot begin to imagine how putrid the Jets organization is... it's way worse than ours currently is.
                  The bolded is your opinion, not facts and not always borne out in games. I don't know who is smarter (or if it really matters) both of them make bonehead plays. And I do not know that you can say that Darnold is a better passer - his stats last season did not show that. Lock had a better passer rating. They were both bad.

Comment

• Darnold will benefit from having McCaffrey hide his mistakes and flaws. A dominant RB helps an offense immensely.

On the other hand, not sure Gordon does as much to help Lock on many levels.

Broncos need another RB. One that pushes Gordon to his best position of RB2.

Comment

Look, Darnold is in Carolina so there's no reason to even continue.

I think Darnold is better. And if we roll with Lock, I think we'll see the difference between them this year.
                      I look forward to this challenge....you didn't set the bar very high, for Lock. Lets compare him to Wentz instead. Check that, that's a low bar too.How about comapare him to Mayfield this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                        Darnold will benefit from having McCaffrey hide his mistakes and flaws. A dominant RB helps an offense immensely.

On the other hand, not sure Gordon does as much to help Lock on many levels.

Broncos need another RB. One that pushes Gordon to his best position of RB2.
                        Converting a tough catch on 3rd & 5 against LAC on the game-winning drive?

Leading our ground & pound attack in the games against MIA and KC?

Saving the game by catching the deflection in our own endzone against CAR?

That’s not even mentioning all the blocks and blitz pickups he made as a pass protector in the backfield... something no one else could do out of our RBs.
                        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

Converting a tough catch on 3rd & 5 against LAC on the game-winning drive?

Leading our ground & pound attack in the games against MIA and KC?

Saving the game by catching the deflection in our own endzone against CAR?

That’s not even mentioning all the blocks and blitz pickups he made as a pass protector in the backfield... something no one else could do out of our RBs.
                          Thankyou.....can't believe how much bashing goes on with our own players. Message boards allow too many easy slams with out much thought. But then, there's folks like you to keep us in check too. Kudos. I still think we need to draft a RB in the second though.

Comment

• Use # 9 to beef up the Defense, and trade for Bridgewater. Let the competition begin ? or not ? Interesting reed,

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...us-draft-buzz/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bad_Bubba View Post

The bolded is your opinion, not facts and not always borne out in games. I don't know who is smarter (or if it really matters) both of them make bonehead plays. And I do not know that you can say that Darnold is a better passer - his stats last season did not show that. Lock had a better passer rating. They were both bad.
                              Again, stats don't tell the whole story.

And from watching them both play, I see Darnold as the better QB. I see his ceiling as the higher one. Simple as that. Of course this is my opinion and I stand by it.

Comment

• Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
                                Use # 9 to beef up the Defense, and trade for Bridgewater. Let the competition begin ? or not ? Interesting reed,

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...us-draft-buzz/
                                I don't think Paton will go for Teddy. Yes, he was in house and probably had a say in drafting him in MN, but, he was also in house when they decided to part with him too.

Regardless I don't see Teddy as an upgrade over Lock either. The upside is simply not turning the ball over. He doesn't take chances and he plays safe. What we need is a QB that is a combo of both. A QB who has the brass to take it deep but not be an idiot with the decision making.

Comment

Working...
                                X