Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which QB to draft?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think Jamie Newman later in the rounds would be ideal.
    Tim Jenkins likes him. Incidentally have you ever watched the Wake Forest slow mesh? It's insane. The zone read takes forever.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ZFwqzxMog

    Comment


    • #17
      Paton will be at Alabama’s Pro Day today. He’ll probably take a good look at Mac Jones. Other players working out are Surtain, Barmore, and Leatherwood.
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

      Comment


      • #18
        I can't believe I am saying this because I think Wilson, and Lance are really good options, but Mac Jones could be a really good QB for Denver. Also if CB is the way Denver is leaning, Surtain, is my choice so far. Leatherwood in say rd 2 would be hard to pass up too.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
          Paton will be at Alabama’s Pro Day today. He’ll probably take a good look at Mac Jones. Other players working out are Surtain, Barmore, and Leatherwood.
          I stand corrected, Paton will NOT be at the Pro Day today.
          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

            I stand corrected, Paton will NOT be at the Pro Day today.
            Well Mac Jones is throwing again in a week. They might have seen all they need to see with Surtain.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

              Well Mac Jones is throwing again in a week. They might have seen all they need to see with Surtain.
              He happens to throw on the same day as Justin Fields. Will be interesting to see where Paton ends up going, although I’m sure Denver will send scouts and coaches to both.

              Surtain just ran a 4.46 which definitely quells concerns about his long speed. I think his twitch/suddenness is still a bit of a question though.
              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

              Comment


              • #22
                Kellen Mond, Texas A&M, has been mentioned as a third/fourth round possibility.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Kellen Mond, Texas A&M, has been mentioned as a third/fourth round possibility.
                  I thought he looked as good at Texas A&M as Lock did at Missouri. He looks to be better than Driskel or Rypien.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

                    I thought he looked as good at Texas A&M as Lock did at Missouri. He looks to be better than Driskel or Rypien.
                    Think Driskel might be released. Releasing Vannett saved almost $3.5 million and releasing Driskel would be close to that. They may be creating cap space to re-sign Kareem Jackson. Rypien will probably go to TC.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                      Think Driskel might be released. Releasing Vannett saved almost $3.5 million and releasing Driskel would be close to that. They may be creating cap space to re-sign Kareem Jackson. Rypien will probably go to TC.
                      I hope you are right on all of that.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                        Think Driskel might be released. Releasing Vannett saved almost $3.5 million and releasing Driskel would be close to that. They may be creating cap space to re-sign Kareem Jackson. Rypien will probably go to TC.
                        how much do they need? i definitly could be wrong but i thought they had like 22 mill after all the deals they have done
                        Glen Haven Fire

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by armedequation View Post

                          how much do they need? i definitly could be wrong but i thought they had like 22 mill after all the deals they have done
                          Not sure exactly. Not my forte, but think they have in the vicinity of $30 million, give or take. Fuller's contract hasn't been shown yet I don't think. McManus and Purcell restructured and Vannett was released and Driskel may be. They may try to bring K-Jack back. Was under impression that a vet QB for the room was needed. Suppose Deshaun Watson speculation muddied the water on that. Alex Smith is still UFA, I believe. We shall see. It seems Denver is well positioned to make moves.

                          P.S. Moments ago Kareem Jackson was re-signed for a year. Pretty awesome Secondary: Fuller; Darby; Callahan; Simmons; and, Jackson.
                          Last edited by samparnell; 03-23-2021, 11:28 AM.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                            Not sure exactly. Not my forte, but think they have in the vicinity of $30 million, give or take. Fuller's contract hasn't been shown yet I don't think. McManus and Purcell restructured and Vannett was released and Driskel may be. They may try to bring K-Jack back. Was under impression that a vet QB for the room was needed. Suppose Deshaun Watson speculation muddied the water on that. Alex Smith is still UFA, I believe. We shall see. It seems Denver is well positioned to make moves.

                            P.S. Moments ago Kareem Jackson was re-signed for a year. Pretty awesome Secondary: Fuller; Darby; Callahan; Simmons; and, Jackson.
                            That last sentence is music to my ears!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I have been hearing a few rumors about the Broncos trading up for Justin Fields???


                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                I have been hearing a few rumors about the Broncos trading up for Justin Fields???

                                there have been a few mock drafts about it but nothing news worthy.
                                Glen Haven Fire

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X