Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which QB to draft?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    So it looks like Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields will go 1-2-3. So unless we are keen on Lance or Jones... Lock will be the QB next year.

    Great move by SF to move up for their guy. They don’t seem to have very many holes.
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
      So it looks like Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields will go 1-2-3. So unless we are keen on Lance or Jones... Lock will be the QB next year.

      Great move by SF to move up for their guy. They don’t seem to have very many holes.

      I cannot believe that SF pulled that Trade up I ask why Denver did not ? SF will be drafting Wilson if The Jets Keep Sam unreal.

      Comment


      • #33
        SF went to the SB last year and proceeded to realize that their QB wasn’t it. Now they make an aggressive move to get a talented, young QB WHILE they still have a strong roster.

        I’m jealous.
        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

        Comment


        • #34
          Wow SF gave up a whole bunch for that.

          Assuming they have 2 QB's they like equally after Lawrence.

          I think the only QB who might be sitting around when we pick at 9 would be Jones. Then we should decide if we want to trade down to WAS, CHI or NE, or look at Parsons.

          If we really want a top 4 QB we're trading up and giving up future first round picks.

          A book I wrote

          Comment


          • #35
            dolphins moved back up and traded with the eagles
            Glen Haven Fire

            Comment


            • #36
              Some serious movement going on at the moment.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                dolphins moved back up and traded with the eagles
                Dolphins clearly sticking with Tua, and then making some very wise decisions via trades. Basically they will land a top level WR at #6 (which is cheaper than at #3), and also have #18 and 2 2nds (36 and 50), plus an additional 3rd rounder (81 and 102??), and a '23 first rounder as well.

                If Tua progresses, this team looks well prepared for the long term!
                Last edited by CanDB; 03-26-2021, 11:40 AM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Now, what happens to Jimmy G? Going that high for a QB, will SF want to still keep him? Maybe he becomes part of a trade scenario. Maybe The pats try to get him back???
                  Last edited by CanDB; 03-26-2021, 11:43 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    They say they want to keep Jimmy G. They might believe Fields/Lance need one year to sit and watch. That is a lot of real estate moved to start Jimmy G this year. Maybe they trade him back to NE?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                      So it looks like Lawrence, Wilson, and Fields will go 1-2-3. So unless we are keen on Lance or Jones... Lock will be the QB next year.

                      Great move by SF to move up for their guy. They don’t seem to have very many holes.
                      I don't think that's for sure. It could be Lance or Fields. I think Lawrence and Wilson is on point though
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Some trades went down recently. Here's an article with a draft order: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...p1wiwzsu8fftgw

                        ...and here's a copypasta of the first 15 picks according to the article:
                        Round Pick Overall Team
                        1 1 1 Jacksonville Jaguars
                        1 2 2 New York Jets
                        1 3 3 San Francisco 49ers from Dolphins through Texans
                        1 4 4 Atlanta Falcons
                        1 5 5 Cincinnati Bengals
                        1 6 6 Miami Dolphins from Eagles
                        1 7 7 Detroit Lions
                        1 8 8 Carolina Panthers
                        1 9 9 Denver Broncos
                        1 10 10 Dallas Cowboys
                        1 11 11 New York Giants
                        1 12 12 Philadelphia Eagles from Dolphins through 49ers
                        1 13 13 Los Angeles Chargers
                        1 14 14 Minnesota Vikings
                        1 15 15 New England Patriots
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                          Some trades went down recently. Here's an article with a draft order: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...p1wiwzsu8fftgw

                          ...and here's a copypasta of the first 15 picks according to the article:
                          Round Pick Overall Team
                          1 1 1 Jacksonville Jaguars
                          1 2 2 New York Jets
                          1 3 3 San Francisco 49ers from Dolphins through Texans
                          1 4 4 Atlanta Falcons
                          1 5 5 Cincinnati Bengals
                          1 6 6 Miami Dolphins from Eagles
                          1 7 7 Detroit Lions
                          1 8 8 Carolina Panthers
                          1 9 9 Denver Broncos
                          1 10 10 Dallas Cowboys
                          1 11 11 New York Giants
                          1 12 12 Philadelphia Eagles from Dolphins through 49ers
                          1 13 13 Los Angeles Chargers
                          1 14 14 Minnesota Vikings
                          1 15 15 New England Patriots
                          Minor point, but shouldn't it say Niners from Texans through Dolphins, and Eagles from Niners through Dolphins?
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            The question I have about Mac Jones, which is also the same question for some of his team mates....how much does it help that you have so many quality players on your college roster?

                            In a recent report by Gil Brandt, in the top 44 NFL draft prospects, Alabama had 6 offensive players. They go like this in his opinion:

                            Smith - 9, Waddle - 10, Jones - 24, Harris - 26, Dickerson -37, Leatherwood - 44.

                            That's a load of top end talent all on one O team!! They also have 2 D players in the first 44, including the highly touted Surtain II, at 14, I can see The Broncos being interested in at least a few of them in this draft.

                            Normally I would expect that to benefit each of the players, and the entire team. But I also understand that it's not their fault the team is so talented, and maybe each of them is worthy of their status.

                            Last edited by CanDB; 03-27-2021, 12:14 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              The question I have about Mac Jones, which is also the same question for some of his team mates....how much does it help that you have so many quality players on your college roster?

                              In a recent report by Gil Brandt, in the top 44 NFL draft prospects, Alabama had 6 offensive players. They go like this in his opinion:

                              Smith - 9, Waddle - 10, Jones - 24, Harris - 26, Dickerson -37, Leatherwood - 44.

                              That's a load of top end talent all on one Offensive team!!

                              Normally I would expect that to benefit each of the players, and the entire team. But I also understand that it's not their fault the team is so talented, and maybe each of them is worthy of their status.

                              In terms of the OL talent, the consistent protection that Jones had was evident. Whenever an ounce of pressure arrived, however, Jones did a good job of side-stepping/avoiding it and resetting his feet for optimal delivery.

                              Harris gave the Alabama offense a balanced attack with his legs. His proficiency catching the ball out of the backfield or on downfield routes was impressive as well. One thing I liked about Jones was that he would scan the field and go through his progressions— and wouldn’t hesitate to dump the ball off if his reads weren’t open.

                              Smith and Waddle are obviously ridiculous talents. One can definitely make the case that they made Jones look good. In Tim Jenkins’ film review on Jones though... it became apparent that Jones’ ball placement (notably where the receiver could catch it and protect himself against an oncoming defender), touch, and accuracy are all very good. His deep ball is adequate enough to get behind the defense.

                              It’s undeniable that Jones had a supreme supporting cast. To answer your question, Can, it absolutely helped him. But I also think his individual traits and tools that he put up on film hold merit on its own. To put up such gaudy stats in his first full year of starting in an SEC-exclusive schedule is not easy to do— even if he had terrific talent around him.
                              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

                                In terms of the OL talent, the consistent protection that Jones had was evident. Whenever an ounce of pressure arrived, however, Jones did a good job of side-stepping/avoiding it and resetting his feet for optimal delivery.

                                Harris gave the Alabama offense a balanced attack with his legs. His proficiency catching the ball out of the backfield or on downfield routes was impressive as well. One thing I liked about Jones was that he would scan the field and go through his progressions— and wouldn’t hesitate to dump the ball off if his reads weren’t open.

                                Smith and Waddle are obviously ridiculous talents. One can definitely make the case that they made Jones look good. In Tim Jenkins’ film review on Jones though... it became apparent that Jones’ ball placement (notably where the receiver could catch it and protect himself against an oncoming defender), touch, and accuracy are all very good. His deep ball is adequate enough to get behind the defense.

                                It’s undeniable that Jones had a supreme supporting cast. To answer your question, Can, it absolutely helped him. But I also think his individual traits and tools that he put up on film hold merit on its own. To put up such gaudy stats in his first full year of starting in an SEC-exclusive schedule is not easy to do— even if he had terrific talent around him.
                                Thx pal...excellent response! Yes, how can it hurt you to have gifted teammates? But I suspect Mac Jones has the tangibles and intangibles to be a decent NFL starter, and something tells me he will end up being a wise choice for any team in search for their long term leader. That's why I hope he's gone before The pats get in range, because I sense they would love to nab him. And in my "less knowledgeable than many folks talking draft" approach, I might just be in favour of The Broncos selecting him, even if we moved up a little bit, because the price might be right for a potential leader.
                                Last edited by CanDB; 03-27-2021, 12:34 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X