Which QB to draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Wonder if those 2nd and 4th picks next year are conditional on performance thresholds?

Another option off the table. Smith is looking better and better. Guessing he is still hoping for a starting opportunity and a bigger payday.

Using Fitzpatrick as an example of the opportunity and $10m a year contract.
    Sounds affordable.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Does this definitely mean we can scratch Carolina off as one of the teams that will likely draft a QB in the first?
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
        Does this definitely mean we can scratch Carolina off as one of the teams that will likely draft a QB in the first?
        It appears that way.

I wonder if they'll trade back with a team that may be looking to move up for a QB?

Comment

Does this definitely mean we can scratch Carolina off as one of the teams that will likely draft a QB in the first?
          It would seem so. They have a Bridgewater/ Darnold project to play with. But who knows?

Just assuming Parsons percentage just went down IMO. What else would they be selecting, TE, WR or OT?
          Another possibility is hoping to find a trade down partner looking for a QB, complicates things for the Broncos in multiple ways.

Comment

They have Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Darnold, Will Grier, Tommy Stevens, P.J. Walker and the #8 pick. If any of the top five QBs are left then, I'm sure they will get offers. Would love it if all five are gone by #9 and Denver doesn't trade up. In that scenario an excellent prospect will be available.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

It would seem so. They have a Bridgewater/ Darnold project to play with. But who knows?

Just assuming Parsons percentage just went down IMO. What else would they be selecting, TE, WR or OT?
              Another possibility is hoping to find a trade down partner looking for a QB, complicates things for the Broncos in multiple ways.
              The Panthers got a combined 207 yards from the 3 TEs that saw the field for them last season. They'd be foolish not to take Pitts if he's there at #8 if they hold onto the pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

The Panthers got a combined 207 yards from the 3 TEs that saw the field for them last season. They'd be foolish not to take Pitts if he's there at #8 if they hold onto the pick.
                Nice! My Parsons draft wish is still alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Sounds affordable.
                  To me too. Just assuming he signs a similar contract. Just think he would be a valuable asset to the QB room no matter if it is Lock or a drafted QB. Seems like a no brainer. Obviously he has not yet embraced his Fitzpatrick/ Jeff Garcia role in the League.

If nothing else, sign him because he seems to practically guarantee he gets replaced by a very good QB. Have leave out last year but being the guy “before” some QB breakout years in SF and KC is worth the cost.

Comment

• So we’re either in a prime position to trade up for whichever QB slides out of the top 3. Or we stand pat and let other teams trade in front of us— taking BPA at 9.

Comment

• Well...options are slowly lessening. But I am sure there's a plan that makes sense. I wanted Watson, and then I thought a Lock/Darnold combo might be wise, allowing us to draft BPA in position of need, and not QB.

Unless our gang are bigger on Lock than I thought, it does look like we might go QB early. Then again, maybe we go big on non QBs early, and then dial in around 3.

Comment

So we’re either in a prime position to trade up for whichever QB slides out of the top 3. Or we stand pat and let other teams trade in front of us— taking BPA at 9.
                        Sounds like a plan.

Comment

• I really hope we are giving Lock another year and going for the solid best players available. I still believe Lock has what it takes, particularly with him clearly doing better as the year progressed. Build young talent and give him that extra year. Part of me hopes that we get Sewell, Parsons, and if there is one more of the top 5 QBs left, we trade back and take in a relative ransom for the 9th pick from the Patriots or whoever and let them have the QB.
                          Last edited by CheyennePress; 04-05-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

It appears that way.

I wonder if they'll trade back with a team that may be looking to move up for a QB?
                            Like the Patriots, Chicago or Washington

Comment

• Can you say Teddy Bridgewater ?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-bridgewater/

Comment

• Love Teddy Bridgewater as a person and he is a marginal improvement over the current level of QB play— but I’m not paying $18M for merely average QB performance. I’d rather roll the dice with Lock for another year.

Comment

Working...
                                X