Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Does The San Fran / Miami / Philadelphia Trade Change Things For The Broncos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does The San Fran / Miami / Philadelphia Trade Change Things For The Broncos?

As you know, SF acquired the #3 selection from Miami for #12, a third and SF's 22nd and 23rd first rounders! Quite a haul by Miami!!

San Fran wants a QB bad, and the word on the street is that Lawrence and Wilson are going 1/2. Lance is the guy that SF seems to want. That would leave Fields and Jones as the next most desired QB selections.....and there are a number of interested suitors, looking hard for their future leader.

Whether these teams are interested in either player, I am not sure, but the teams that still might be looking for a QB include Atlanta, Carolina, our Broncos, The pats, and The Saints. Maybe more. Not sure if those 2 young draftees are high on every one of the team's lists. One, maybe both, will be gone fairly high.

Then Miami came back in another solid deal, given who they appear to be looking at early, and got Phily's #6 pick basically for the #12 pick plus the 22 first rounder (there was also a later round exchange). Miami is clearly sticking with Tua, and clearly excited to land a top WR at 6, instead of 3. There will be one available, quite possibly the same player they wanted at #3. Heck, they might even use the #6 selection for another non QB stud.

How does this all impact The Broncos? Well, looks like Lawrence, Wilson and Lance are gone. So if The Broncs still want Fields or Jones, they might have to compete. Maybe even trade up, depending on Atlanta and Carolina...and what's going to be left at 9. Maybe we can pick up one of those 2 QBs, and even slip back to get them. Not looking great though, given the number of interested parties and the chance that one may even move up to secure a QB.

The good news, if we are not QB driven in the early draft....some stud non QBs might slide. How far I don't know. But do I kind of think Sewell goes to Cinci, hard to say. At 9 there is a good shot at one of the top CBs or Parsons. Other than QB I am thinking Surtain or Parsons. Farley has now got an injury tag. OR we can watch the draft closely, maybe even move back to acquire capital while still securing a top CB or Parsons. Not sure if we can wait too long, but heck, if The pats like #9, we could take advantage. Multiple early picks are a nice way to replenish assets.

And yes, the SF trade today makes Jimmy G more expendable perhaps, so much so that maybe The pats go after him, or maybe, just maybe even us!!

So hold on folks, this may be the beginning of a trade trend in the draft.

Getting fun!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-26-2021, 02:22 PM.

I put this in a different thread before I saw this one, and it seems to belong here:

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    Some trades went down recently. Here's an article with a draft order: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...p1wiwzsu8fftgw

...and here's a copypasta of the first 15 picks according to the article:
    Round Pick Overall Team
    1 1 1 Jacksonville Jaguars
    1 2 2 New York Jets
    1 3 3 San Francisco 49ers from Dolphins through Texans
    1 4 4 Atlanta Falcons
    1 5 5 Cincinnati Bengals
    1 6 6 Miami Dolphins from Eagles
    1 7 7 Detroit Lions
    1 8 8 Carolina Panthers
    1 9 9 Denver Broncos
    1 10 10 Dallas Cowboys
    1 11 11 New York Giants
    1 12 12 Philadelphia Eagles from Dolphins through 49ers
    1 13 13 Los Angeles Chargers
    1 14 14 Minnesota Vikings
    1 15 15 New England Patriots
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

QB will go 1, 2 and 3 for sure. Every mock I have done from one draft tool has Philly taking a QB.

Article I just read said SF was trying to get #2 from Jets and they would not deal it. Probably means they going QB.

Pick 7 is getting the 5th best QB in the draft is what it looks like to me.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        How does this all impact The Broncos? Well, looks like Lawrence, Wilson and Lance are gone. So if The Broncs still want Fields or Jones, they might have to compete. Maybe even trade up, depending on Atlanta and Carolina...and what's going to be left at 9. Maybe we can pick up one of those 2 QBs, and even slip back to get them. Not looking great though, given the number of interested parties and the chance that one may even move up to secure a QB.
        There are rumours that SF only approached Miami as the Jets refused to give up the No.2 pick, as they want to draft a QB to replace Darnold.

If so Darnold becomes an option for Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post

There are rumours that SF only approached Miami as the Jets refused to give up the No.2 pick, as they want to draft a QB to replace Darnold.

If so Darnold becomes an option for Denver.
          Yes...I heard what you just mentioned, that The Jets are not trading. Wilson is very likely to be their guy. So Darnold is also a possible guy on the move....maybe even here.

I will add that I do believe Watson was of big time discussion between teams like SF and us, and now we are seeing movement to solidify, given Watson is not in play. With his name pretty likely off the market for some time to come, there was a change of gears, and new options were acted upon. But it's not always a dead end, because with SF making the trade, and The Jets likely selecting Wilson, new options becomes open for others. And again, do not count The pats out of any possible maneuvering to either draft or trade for a QB.

Comment

I think it hurts our trade down ability, because I thought Carolina, not SF, was going to trade up with Miami.

The consolation though, is that there was an outside chance that Philly either took one or traded back with someone. So at the least, the second trade takes one additional trade candidate off the board. As far as Atlanta and Detroit taking a QB goes, I'll believe it when I see it. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see NE trade up with Detroit for Lance now.

I'm starting to think we should just take Parsons if he's there at 9 anyway.

Comment

Parsons at 9 seems to be setting up well he has special traits for an ilb or an olb
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

The first 3 picks seem likely to be QBs. (1 and 3 definitely, 2 seems very likely, either the Jets or someone trading up.) So for us, if we want one of the top 4 QBs were going to have to trade up.

If we don't want one of the QB options then this certainly helps us by pushing down other positions to us.
                A book I wrote

Comment

What this means is now the Falcons are in the spotlight.

Top 3 picks will be QB. What do the Falcons do? Do they go QB if they like who's at #4? Do they trade down? Do they take Sewell? Do they take a CB? Do they take Parsons?

I don't think Atlanta does anything until draft night. Look for teams like New England, Washington, possibly Chicago.... maybe.... maybe Denver (which I don't think, and hope they don't)... could try to make a move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    QB will go 1, 2 and 3 for sure. Every mock I have done from one draft tool has Philly taking a QB.

Article I just read said SF was trying to get #2 from Jets and they would not deal it. Probably means they going QB.

Pick 7 is getting the 5th best QB in the draft is what it looks like to me.
                    OK, so Atlanta is #4. Do they pick or trade back? Matt Ryan is coming up on 36 years old. Assuming Lawrence, Wilson and Fields are gone, do they pick Lance or Jones, or trade back? Think they'll get offers.

Cincy picks fourth and they may get offers, but seems they need an Offensive Tackle. They would probably take Sewell in this scenario. That would preempt Miami who seem to need an OT, too. Dolphins could trade back again, or take Parsons.

If Detroit stays at #7. Do they take Chase, or accept an offer to trade back?

Carolina has #8. If any of the top five QBs are left, do they take him? Probably and it would most likely be Lance or Jones. Or, they could skip QB and go TE with Pitts.

Denver would need to trade up to #4, #6 or #7 to get Lance. At the moment it doesn't look like Fields is a possibility. Parsons might be there if Miami doesn't pick him. If Denver can't/won't move up, it could end up being Parsons. If not, then maybe a Corner or OT, or trade back.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

My guess is if ATL doesn't trade back, they take Pitts. You guys are right though. They could go a lot of different ways, and still do pretty good.

Comment

atlantas in a perfect spot to draft lance (if san fran doesnt) or pitts to help ryan out

again i just dont see us trading up to get a qb when we have so many 1 year contracts.

whats interesting is one guy was speculating that sf moved up for mac. i also found it interesting that mac is teaching obrien the offense
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Wat this trade does is keep us from drafting a QB in the 1st round as top 4 prospects could gone by pick the time the Bengals pick Sewell or Chase at 5. I see us taking Parsons at 9, maybe Pitts.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
                            Wat this trade does is keep us from drafting a QB in the 1st round as top 4 prospects could gone by pick the time the Bengals pick Sewell or Chase at 5. I see us taking Parsons at 9, maybe Pitts.
                            Parsons between Miller and Chubb, behind Harris and Jones with Fuller, Darby, Callahan, Jackson and Simmons at the back sounds good to me.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think it means we aren’t drafting a QB at 9. Top 3 picks will be QBs. If it’s Lance and not Fields at 3, then either Atlanta or Carolina will draft Fields which leaves us with Mac Jones and he’s not going 9th.

So if we want Fields we’ll have to leap frog Carolina which puts us in a precarious position because teams will assume it’s for a QB so we have to trade up to 4 to get Fields and Atlanta only takes that deal if they’re comfortable trying to fix Sam Darnold with a year (possibly more) on the bench otherwise there’s no deal and Atlanta takes Fields. If we trade up with Miami for the 6th pick there’s a real chance Cincy takes a deal from Carolina although they may not want to risk losing Sewell to Detroit but WR is a very big hole for Detroit so Cincy may be comfortable with that chance. And then of course Miami could throw a wrench in that plan by leaking info about them taking Sewell whether true or false because they can still get a good WR later in the 1st round.

So I’ll go with Parsons at 9 for us. Defenses may not get you into dynasty status but this defense with Parsons could potentially get us in the playoffs and anything can happen from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X