NFL Draft Round 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Draft Round 2

For the sake of this thread, let’s assume that a QB was picked at #9.

What position/s should we look at in Round 2? And who are some of the guys you like in the #40 range?

I am exciting for a lot of guys in this draft and could see us going many different directions.

As you state, a lot of directions to go.

At #40 several intriguing options likely off the board. At the end of the first/ beginning of the second there looks to be a run on OTs, CBs and LBs. Of course, there is always the unexpected drop. But I’ll give it a shot.

I’m considering Cox ILB, Harris RB, WilliamsRB, Eichenberg OT, McNeal NT, Holland S ,Stokes CB in that order.

Comment

Jamin Davis would be my pick if he falls that far. Dillon Radnuz is another guy I like. He might fall to the 3rd possibly though.
      sigpic

Comment

Leatherwood is a name to throw into the hat here.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

these are great names.

What do you guys think of Paulson Adebo? He was a ballhawk in college and had he come out last year, I think he would have been in the battle for the 2nd CB taken. I think someone will get a steal in the mid to late second or third. He had an excellent pro day as well.

Also I see Javon Holland mentioned. How do you see him compared to Grant? Grant does not seem as athletic but he is a gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            As you state, a lot of directions to go.

At #40 several intriguing options likely off the board. At the end of the first/ beginning of the second there looks to be a run on OTs, CBs and LBs. Of course, there is always the unexpected drop. But I’ll give it a shot.

I’m considering Cox ILB, Harris RB, WilliamsRB, Eichenberg OT, McNeal NT, Holland S ,Stokes CB in that order.
            How do you rate Eichenberger vs some of the other tackles that might be there (Jalen Mayfield, Cosmi, Radunz, and Leatherwood for example)?

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              Jamin Davis would be my pick if he falls that far.
              I can't believe how much his stock has skyrocketed. Most mocks had him going in the mid 3rd up until this week. Now some have him in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

I can't believe how much his stock has skyrocketed. Most mocks had him going in the mid 3rd up until this week. Now some have him in the late 1st/early 2nd.
                agreed. I don't think he makes it into the first but it's possible. There is even talk of him being the first LB drafted this year.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't have a specific player, but I would absolutely expect a defensive position.....ILB, Edge, CB or Safety.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post

How do you rate Eichenberger vs some of the other tackles that might be there (Jalen Mayfield, Cosmi, Radunz, and Leatherwood for example)?

I have no particular insight over anyone else. I read the same draft profiles and watch the same attached tapes as everyone else.

My preference is based on the most basic of info. Whether we can trust the evaluations or projections is a long shot.

So simply prefer the speculated “fit” from that info. So using the players mentioned as examples. I’ve seen a couple mentioned as most likely better suited to move inside, another whose main weakness is projected to the very speed rushers he will see every week in the NFL or an inexperienced undersized option.

I just “like” Eichenberg better at that point of the draft. What matters most is how Munchak and Paton feel about them.

Comment

If there's a really good OT prospect like Mayfield or Jenkins who somehow fell, then I'd take him. Otherwise, I'm going defense.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I don't have a specific player, but I would absolutely expect a defensive position.....ILB, Edge, CB or Safety.
                        This seems like such a crap shoot at Edge, I don’t know what to think about that position in this draft

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post

This seems like such a crap shoot at Edge, I don’t know what to think about that position in this draft
                          Yeah....have to wait for Mike Mayock's top players at every position to get a better handle on things!!

Comment

I'm in for Jamin Davis... strange how all these players at their pro days are running really fast 40's - under 4.4! - I suspect if they had the combine they wouldn't be as fast?
                            sigpic

Comment

thought this was an interesting article on which schools have the most nfl offensive linemen drafted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....sed-on-numbers
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X