Scenario: Fields available at 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

butler...you know as well as i do that you don't run a franchise based on fans. I'm old school i guess but i think you give qbs time to develop. I think he has the talent and football iq to be great and possibly has the highest ceiling in this draft. Yes he has a limited body of work but hes already doing things like calling protections at the line. Not to mention he will be 3 to 4 years younger than fields come draft time. I love this kids background. seems very responsible and grounded. We need something to look forward to at qb...i think this kid is it. Hes my favorite qb in this draft

that being said im still torn between drafting him at 9 and trading back because i dont think this team is near as complete as some.

i dont want to give up draft picks to move up though. that i know for sure
    What???!!! Are you saying that The Broncos are not reading everyone of our posts, and building their draft board around our feedback??

That's a game changer for me. I need to lay down and try to get past this......

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

No you don't run the team based on fans (which why I don't think they'll trade up) but fans will be impatient and they'll tear a rookie QB up if they don't look like Mahomes in year 1. And the booing and ripping him will start.

Lance may call protection, but playing 1 year at the FCS on a loaded team is a lot different than playing in the NFL. The disguises defenses use are nothing like in college, and the worst corner he'll go against in camp will be able to do things that the best corners he's gone against in college couldn't do. There's going to be a massive learning curve for him. I wouldn't let him call any protections in year 1, and maybe year 2, because he needs to be looking at the defense as a whole, and trying to figure out what he's seeing. But that's not really a big deal, Jeff Saturday set protections in Indy when Manning played there.

As for the age difference, I think you're mistaken, Lance was born May 9, 2000, so he'll be 21 during the season. Fields was born March 5, 1999, so he'll be 22 during the season.
      never said through him out right away unless he outplays lock and its clear. fans will boo no matter what. dont care about that aspect. im also not saying he should be calling protections right away in the nfl. my point was that he has good football iq for his experience. Not sure what a lineman setting protections in the nfl has to do with what im referring to...

guess i was thinking of someone else for fields age...
      lance will be 20 when he is drafted. but thats no biggie
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

What???!!! Are you saying that The Broncos are not reading everyone of our posts, and building their draft board around our feedback??

dont sleep past the draft! And especially dont follow this fans advice.
        Last edited by armedequation; 04-17-2021, 03:08 PM.
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Can....I think you should have a cookie then take a nap. The Broncos are NOT building the team / organization based on the content of expert factual opinions in this forum. I know you are crushed but reality is nothing more than....reality.

Luv ya Can.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Can....I think you should have a cookie then take a nap. The Broncos are NOT building the team / organization based on the content of expert factual opinions in this forum. I know you are crushed but reality is nothing more than....reality.

Luv ya Can.
            I took my nap and I am still in deep sadness. Maybe the cookie will help.

Elway that ungrateful super successful man!!!! We served him the best possible strategies and actions, and not one thank you!! I sensed this, and have been advising Tampa Bay prior to them acquiring Brady and thru the year. There, it's public now!!!

I had to provide my services to someone who listened!!

Comment

never said through him out right away unless he outplays lock and its clear. fans will boo no matter what. dont care about that aspect. im also not saying he should be calling protections right away in the nfl. my point was that he has good football iq for his experience. Not sure what a lineman setting protections in the nfl has to do with what im referring to...

guess i was thinking of someone else for fields age...
              lance will be 20 when he is drafted. but thats no biggie
              You mentioned it as him "doing the little things" but that's really not even a big deal in the NFL.

Comment

You mentioned it as him "doing the little things" but that's really not even a big deal in the NFL.
                so your comparing an nfl vet center to a college qb who has 17 games of experience? one of the better nfl centers at that

it was meant to show that even though hes green...hes doing the things necessary to become a better qb at an early stage
                Last edited by armedequation; 04-17-2021, 06:54 PM.
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

so your comparing an nfl vet center to a college qb who has 17 games of experience? one of the better nfl centers at that

it was meant to show that even though hes green...hes doing the things necessary to become a better qb
                  No I was pointing out that calling the protection isn't that big of a deal in the NFL, because even the best QB in the NFL had his centre call the protection. It's great that he's doing the little things, and from everything I've heard he's a hard worker, so if he were to bust it wouldn't be because of work ethic.

Those 17 games of FCS football are why I'd be hesitant to draft Lance and definitely wouldn't trade up for him, because he's not ready to be an NFL QB at this point. BUT if he were to drop to 9 I think Paton may consider it because he is in year 1 of a 6 year contract and doesn't need to rush things along. So he could draft a developmental QB and let him sit without feeling pressure. But again the fans would hate it. Although at this point the fans will probably hate anything if it doesn't lead to better QB play and more wins.

I'm actually not sure why we're disagreeing on this overall? I think we both see potential in Lance, although he does scare me because of how raw he is. We just might disagree on where we'd take him.

Comment

• And yes I did somewhat change my view on Lance, that was because I started thinking about how Paton has zero pressure to make a rush move with him, so he could let him sit and mature. I still wouldn't trade up for him. And I would be very interested if New England, Chicago or Washington called up with a good offer, but I would consider taking him at 9, based on Paton's situation.

Comment

No I was pointing out that calling the protection isn't that big of a deal in the NFL, because even the best QB in the NFL had his centre call the protection. It's great that he's doing the little things, and from everything I've heard he's a hard worker, so if he were to bust it wouldn't be because of work ethic.

Those 17 games of FCS football are why I'd be hesitant to draft Lance and definitely wouldn't trade up for him, because he's not ready to be an NFL QB at this point. BUT if he were to drop to 9 I think Paton may consider it because he is in year 1 of a 6 year contract and doesn't need to rush things along. So he could draft a developmental QB and let him sit without feeling pressure. But again the fans would hate it. Although at this point the fans will probably hate anything if it doesn't lead to better QB play and more wins.

I'm actually not sure why we're disagreeing on this overall? I think we both see potential in Lance, although he does scare me because of how raw he is. We just might disagree on where we'd take him.
                      im not even sure we disagree there...in my perfect world, i would trade back with the eagles and pick up another 2nd rounder. im fine with staying at 9 amd taking him. i dont want to move up though
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• If Sewell is there at 9, and you voted to take the 4th QB in the draft, I never want to hear you cry about the offensive line ever again lol
                        Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                          If Sewell is there at 9, and you voted to take the 4th QB in the draft, I never want to hear you cry about the offensive line ever again lol
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Did anyone see this tweet by Ian Rapoport that Fields suffers from epilepsy?

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) Tweeted: OSU QB Justin Fields has confirmed to NFL teams during the pre-draft process that he is managing epilepsy – a neurological disorder that can cause seizures, per me and @TomPelissero. It has not affected football & doctors believe he’ll outgrow it as his other family members have. https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...315044870?s=20

There are many different degrees of the condition. If in his case it is latent and has been so for years, it probably isn't an issue. However, it could be a factor that turns teams off taking him early in the Draft.

Comment

The funny thing about that is that I've read that Shanahan and Lynch haven't even told the members of the coaching staff and scouts which QB they're taking. Not saying anyone is wrong, but the whole Jones rumours seem to have started with Chris Simms and snowballed from there.
                              What makes it even more interesting is that Kyle Shanahan and Chris Simms were college teammates and roommates at Texas and are still very close friends. If Shanahan was 100% certain he liked Jones I could see him letting his best friend get a scoop. I could also see Shanahan using Simms to give the public some misleading info.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                                What makes it even more interesting is that Kyle Shanahan and Chris Simms were college teammates and roommates at Texas and are still very close friends. If Shanahan was 100% certain he liked Jones I could see him letting his best friend get a scoop. I could also see Shanahan using Simms to give the public some misleading info.
                                Or........like Getleman from the Giants.....I understood it that he or the team purposely let it out that they were going to draft Daniel Jones so it would sink in with the fan base and the media so that it was not such a huge shocker on draft day. It gives everyone the chance to become comfortable with the pick instead of slamming it right at the moment. 49'rs might possibly have done that with Mac Jones. As you see, everyone now says....yeah, I see the fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X