No announcement yet.

Woody Paige says Paton has offer for ATL’s 4th pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we're moving up. The only situation I'd like to see if a draft day to move 4, if Mac goes to San Fran at 3. I'd rather have Fields, but honestly, I want Parsons 9 and sadly running it back with Lock. I thought Lock had potential to be good from the start and progress even further. Honestly, he's been subpar so far and I'm not overlooking him missing the offseason or losing Sutton last season. His decision making just hasn't been consistently good.

There's a gamble Fields and Lance could struggle as well. My ideal situation is grabbing Parsons, and then possibly Mond in the 3rd or 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
      I don't think we're moving up. The only situation I'd like to see if a draft day to move 4, if Mac goes to San Fran at 3. I'd rather have Fields, but honestly, I want Parsons 9 and sadly running it back with Lock. I thought Lock had potential to be good from the start and progress even further. Honestly, he's been subpar so far and I'm not overlooking him missing the offseason or losing Sutton last season. His decision making just hasn't been consistently good.

There's a gamble Fields and Lance could struggle as well. My ideal situation is grabbing Parsons, and then possibly Mond in the 3rd or 4th.
      I am on your side, even though I struggle a little with the QB situation. But yes, stay at 9 is fine, and take Parsons, because it's time to show some luv for our D. And I have been hoping for a top tier ILB for years. This guy can roam the field, sideline to sideline, and hit. Set the tempo.

Then sure, whether it's Mond or another tier 2 QB, in 3 or 4, it allows us to use at least a couple of high picks on non QBs, and then see if we can find our next leader, or at least, compete with our current QB. If I'm The Broncos, I am studying the tier 2 QBs with as much diligence as the tier 1ers. If you hit a homerun with a 3rd or even 4th rounder, you win the chicken dinner!!!

The worst case scenario is we have to go all out in 2022. But, good things may happen at QB, and utilizing the #9 and #40 picks on non QBs could be huge! Maybe even #71.

Trading back could be a seriously good alternative if we get a good offer or more.

Comment

I think one thing we should think about. Is it likely College FB has a full season this year? This past season there were opt outs, shortened seasons for programs and in general less football activity for players coming out this year. I will say I don't think this effects at all whether players coming out this year can be successful. I think however from the teams perspective your dealing with less information in this draft than in any other in modern memory. Therefore it seems like trading back, especially if you can add capital especially in next years draft where more info is going to be available is a more prudent play. In this draft I feel like volume is especially important for the reasons listed. I think theres much better chances for late round steals in this draft than others due to relatvely low information.

Ultimately, I'm not against getting a QB by trading up, but I think we could be better served with a more prudent approach. Take Parsons, or trade back and look at an OT with our first rounder.
        A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I am on your side, even though I struggle a little with the QB situation. But yes, stay at 9 is fine, and take Parsons, because it's time to show some luv for our D. And I have been hoping for a top tier ILB for years. This guy can roam the field, sideline to sideline, and hit. Set the tempo.

Then sure, whether it's Mond or another tier 2 QB, in 3 or 4, it allows us to use at least a couple of high picks on non QBs, and then see if we can find our next leader, or at least, compete with our current QB. If I'm The Broncos, I am studying the tier 2 QBs with as much diligence as the tier 1ers. If you hit a homerun with a 3rd or even 4th rounder, you win the chicken dinner!!!

The worst case scenario is we have to go all out in 2022. But, good things may happen at QB, and utilizing the #9 and #40 picks on non QBs could be huge! Maybe even #71.

Trading back could be a seriously good alternative if we get a good offer or more.
          Yeah, I'd be cool with trading back if Parsons if gone. But if he's there I wouldn't think twice. ILB has been a tragedy for the past 5 years or so. We have to deal with Kelce and Waller twice a year. Not to mention Cook just signed with the Chargers.

Comment

Yeah, I'd be cool with trading back if Parsons if gone. But if he's there I wouldn't think twice. ILB has been a tragedy for the past 5 years or so. We have to deal with Kelce and Waller twice a year. Not to mention Cook just signed with the Chargers.
            Cook has scored 22 TDs in his last 3 seasons. The guy is hard to cover. Your point is so valid, given Kelce's a perennial problem. And of course, Waller, who is one of the premier TEs in the game. 107 receptions last year and nearly 1,200 yards!!
            Last edited by CanDB; 04-19-2021, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Trading up would be one of the few scenarios I would actually hate this draft
              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Will Lynch's links to the Broncos give us an insight as to whether we trade up? If we know who Lynch wants and is more than likely going to draft, it would impact what we do in negotiations with Atlanta for the fourth pick. If we covet the the same player as the niners, there is no use trading up, but if we know the 49ers are going to take Jones and we want Fields or Lance (for example), then we are more likely to pull the trigger on a trade with Atlanta IMO.
                www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

That's one of the knocks on Parsons though, he hasn't been great in coverage, it's natural to him yet. He's got the potential to develop into a coverage backer, but it's going to take some time. If you're looking for a coverage LB, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the guy. He's light for a middle LB, so he'd be more of a hybrid player, but he's always making plays at the ball, and is known for his coverage.

Trade down with New England and draft him.

Comment

Originally posted by legend View Post
                    Will Lynch's links to the Broncos give us an insight as to whether we trade up? If we know who Lynch wants and is more than likely going to draft, it would impact what we do in negotiations with Atlanta for the fourth pick. If we covet the the same player as the niners, there is no use trading up, but if we know the 49ers are going to take Jones and we want Fields or Lance (for example), then we are more likely to pull the trigger on a trade with Atlanta IMO.
                    The reports are that Lynch and Shanahan haven't even told their coaches or scouts who they're going to take. I'm not sure they're giving Denver any insights if they're keeping things that air tight. If Denver wants to trade up, I don't think it happens until Atlanta is on the clock.

Comment

Smoke and Mirrors is what is all about prior to each draft, as I hope is the case for moving up in this story.

I wonder if Jeudy did not drop those pass's, or we had a better run game or at least commitment to, Give them all a almost normal season with all the time to practice, camps, pre-season. At least give the man a chance. Use the draft capitol to build up needs, no need to confuse the QB situation. I think we may have a worthy leader at the helm. Hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

That's one of the knocks on Parsons though, he hasn't been great in coverage, it's natural to him yet. He's got the potential to develop into a coverage backer, but it's going to take some time. If you're looking for a coverage LB, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the guy. He's light for a middle LB, so he'd be more of a hybrid player, but he's always making plays at the ball, and is known for his coverage.

Trade down with New England and draft him.
                        or jabril cox. cox isnt as light.
                        just depends on which way you want to go. I see jok as more of safety (which we need too).

but to your point butler:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slapthe...021-draft/amp/

honestly i wouldnt mind having both jabril and jok. would give us lots of disguised coverage options.
                        Last edited by armedequation; 04-19-2021, 08:12 PM.
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

If we can move up to #4 and Pitts is available, we should do it. I think if we have that opportunity and don't do it, we will regret it for a long long time.
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                            If we can move up to #4 and Pitts is available, we should do it. I think if we have that opportunity and don't do it, we will regret it for a long long time.
                            Just to clarify; are you saying spend draft capital to move up to #4 in order to draft a TE?
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

and supposedly didnt paton himself say he hasnt called any teams about moving up or down?
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                                and supposedly didnt paton himself say he hasnt called any teams about moving up or down?
                                Paton even specified all the talks have involved the Broncos moving back, not up in the first round. “We haven’t made any calls yet to move up," Paton said. "We’ve received calls to move back."

Just because I already had that on my clipboard from another thread.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Working...
                                X