No announcement yet.

Woody Paige says Paton has offer for ATL’s 4th pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe he sent an email or a text, and he’s playing the semantics game. At his introductory presser, he flat at told us he would be in on every deal. If he hasn’t felt out ATL yet, then he isn’t doing his job.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      Maybe he sent an email or a text, and he’s playing the semantics game. At his introductory presser, he flat at told us he would be in on every deal. If he hasn’t felt out ATL yet, then he isn’t doing his job.
      or he knows the cost of moving up to 4 is too high and would leave us very thin on draft capitol. i know i dont want to give up this years 1st and 2nd along with next years 1st and probably more than that.
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Just to clarify; are you saying spend draft capital to move up to #4 in order to draft a TE?

I believe elite talent wins. We have had 13 picks in the first 3 rounds over the past 3 years, is draft capital really all that important? Pitts not only has the ability to come in and make all receivers better imo, he also could create more draft capital and cap space by limiting our need to spend on WR and TE in the future.

Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post

I believe elite talent wins. We have had 13 picks in the first 3 rounds over the past 3 years, is draft capital really all that important? Pitts not only has the ability to come in and make all receivers better imo, he also could create more draft capital and cap space by limiting our need to spend on WR and TE in the future.
          Based on the traditional draft value chart, a move from 9 to 4 would cost 500 points, which is exactly the value of our 2nd rounder. Pitts appears to be a star in the making, and if so, he might be worth the leap. Not what I would do, but you are correct, elite talent has its place. And he is like a WR in a TEs body.

Maybe we could see what Atlanta does, and if Pitts was still available, consider a draft with a 5-8 team.
          Last edited by CanDB; 04-26-2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Is that a "yes"?
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Okay after going round and round on this. I'm not the biggest Lock supporter but what I hope is or what I would do with the 9th pick. I'm getting draft capital and trading back. I say roll with what we got right now. Yes a qb is tempting but give Lock this year.

If he blows well we should be in position to grab a qb next year. Fill some depth or fill a position of need. So as much as im not a believer in Drew I think the smart move is to gain some draft capital and get an extra player or two. Teams will want to trade up with us if they feel their guy will be there.
              :go:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Based on the traditional draft value chart, a move from 9 to 4 would cost 500 points, which is exactly the value of our 2nd rounder. Pitts appears to be a star in the making, and if so, he might be worth the leap. Not what I would do, but you are correct, elite talent has its place. And he is like a WR in a TEs body.

Maybe we could see what Atlanta does, and if Pitts was still available, consider a draft with a 5-8 team.
                Problem is though, a move from 9 to 4, regardless of the player we wind up taking, is prime real estate for a quarterback. You're going to pay a quarterback price. That's before other teams get involved. 500 is straight up 100 value. In reality, it'll be more like a 165-200% return on value for the Falcons depending on who else is involved in negotiations. If you trade up to 4 it better be Justin Fields. If they really want Fields though, I think 7 is the bare minimum to get him. I say that because of Carolina not picking up Darnold's option, the New England Patriots, Washington Whatevers, and Chicago Bears. If you're the Detroit Lions, and you can still get Devonta Smith at 9? DUH!

Comment

Is that a "yes"?
                  It sounds like a yes to me. He mentions Pitts and says elite talent wins games, and from what I read, Pitts is a unique talent who is believed to be one of the best prospects this year. Think of a super talented WR with size.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Problem is though, a move from 9 to 4, regardless of the player we wind up taking, is prime real estate for a quarterback. You're going to pay a quarterback price. That's before other teams get involved. 500 is straight up 100 value. In reality, it'll be more like a 165-200% return on value for the Falcons depending on who else is involved in negotiations. If you trade up to 4 it better be Justin Fields. If they really want Fields though, I think 7 is the bare minimum to get him. I say that because of Carolina not picking up Darnold's option, the New England Patriots, Washington Whatevers, and Chicago Bears. If you're the Detroit Lions, and you can still get Devonta Smith at 9? DUH!
                    I am not saying I would do it, but I was supporting the notion that Pitts might be worth some risk.

Comment

I am not saying I would do it, but I was supporting the notion that Pitts might be worth some risk.
                      I agree with that. The guy cooks everything you put on him. He's like a human grill. If he's there at 9 maybe you think about taking that risk. I'd also see who else wants to take that risk, and consider trading back. If Parsons, Sewell, or Slater are on the board though, maybe I don't have to worry about it. Maybe I just take one of them and let Jerry figure out if Pitts will be as good at improving their defense and OLine as Lamb was.

I get it though. He's a freak like Micah Parsons.

Comment

It sounds like a yes to me. He mentions Pitts and says elite talent wins games, and from what I read, Pitts is a unique talent who is believed to be one of the best prospects this year. Think of a super talented WR with size.
                        OK. Just wanted to be clear. Many have spoken of trading up for a QB. Think I posted somewhere that the only guy I'd trade up for is Penei Sewell. So, that makes MHSalute and me two of the few, if any, who have suggested for trading up for a non-QB.

Been trying to think if there is a previous draft for Denver with as many possible ways to deal with the draft position all of which can be argued as valid approaches. All of them seem to depend on certain scenarios presenting.

Now there is talk the Packers may want to trade Jordan Love which has its own ramifications in the event Denver is involved. Looking forward to Thursday evening.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

i still dont get all the parsons love at 9. hes a liability in coverage which isnt what we need. why not draft jamin davis whos similar talent without the "history"
                          its interesting that some do not have the patience to develop a qb but want to draft a lb who needs development.

if we are looking for coverage jok or cox would seem like a much more viable option.

if we were to get parsons, i would hope we get cox as well.

i dont want any part of jordon love. he hasnt even really played for the pack and they already want to trade him? doesnt sound ideal to me
                          Last edited by armedequation; 04-26-2021, 06:48 PM.
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Parsons is regarded by many as the best defensive player in the draft. He’s an inside linebacker and the Broncos could use an elite one of those.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              Parsons is regarded by many as the best defensive player in the draft. He’s an inside linebacker and the Broncos could use an elite one of those.
                              yes but the reasons given are that we need someone who can cover the tight ends in our division...parsons is a liability in coverage currently. some gms have davis rated higher than parsons. my guess is part of that is his "colorful" history. Like i said if we get parsons i hope we get cox too or a really good strong safety...
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

OK. Just wanted to be clear. Many have spoken of trading up for a QB. Think I posted somewhere that the only guy I'd trade up for is Penei Sewell. So, that makes MHSalute and me two of the few, if any, who have suggested for trading up for a non-QB.

Been trying to think if there is a previous draft for Denver with as many possible ways to deal with the draft position all of which can be argued as valid approaches. All of them seem to depend on certain scenarios presenting.

Now there is talk the Packers may want to trade Jordan Love which has its own ramifications in the event Denver is involved. Looking forward to Thursday evening.
                                I agree....The Broncos have a lot of flexibility at 9. I see various smart maneuvers. So much so that I have teetered on staying at 9, moving back, and then even considering moving up. And for me it comes down to their feelings about this QB draft class and if they are quite interested, even if it means a tier 2 type. Even so, tier 1 vs 2 involves different trade approaches.

I am still on the "skip a tier 1 QB" position, but I can't argue too much against it. I just don't like giving up a lot of capital to acquire one of them, AND I am concerned that we would have 2 young QBs competing for the job, but the newest one would be given preference in the end, because he's such a high pick.

That's why from the get go I was inclined to stay at 9 and land the BPA of need, or trade back for extra picks, which allows us to acquire multiple early round players, who could all make an impact on this team.

But in the end, if we were to go QB in round one, we might just be acquiring our franchise guy, and that would never be a bad thing.

Last edited by CanDB; 04-26-2021, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X