X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    What? You guys can't remember how to spell Zsturrnod?
    Stop with the easy stuff!!

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    What? You guys can't remember how to spell Zsturrnod?

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I want to say Strand so badly!!
    LOL LOL True

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post

strnad sounds like a good vampire name
    I want to say Strand so badly!!

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied

That's good news. The bad news is I will have to start another "spell the name correct" campaign!
    strnad sounds like a good vampire name

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post

We do have Strnad coming back.
    That's good news. The bad news is I will have to start another "spell the name correct" campaign!

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    If I am remembering correctly, all Paton said was that they haven't made calls about moving up. That doesn't mean teams haven't contacted them about doing so.
    It could very well be true that Paton has not called Atl, but Atl has reached out to see who may be interested in moving up.

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    It is interesting Paige cites someone outside the Broncos about trading to pick 4....and than Paton says he has had no conversation about moving up with other teams. Does not surprise Paige would allow himself to be used by Atlanta like that.
    Last edited by Hadez; 04-27-2021, 08:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    https://www.milehighreport.com/platf...mpression=true

PFF has Broncos as the 6th best roster in the league, would be higher if not for the QB situation. Paton may not move up to 4 but my gut is telling me he is moving on a QB. If it's not 4 I think 6 or 7 are more realistic targets

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied

true
    he looked "promising" or something to that effect according to the staff. not that it matters but im not sold on him being able to cover. jewell needs to be upgraded and aj may not even be here later this year (trade rumors) let alone next year.

ideally i would like either grant or jok and davis/parsons/collins. but thats not plausible

course what do i know...jones drew mock has us trading back to 18 and drafting....*drum roll*.....mayfield left tackle lol. while i like mayfield hes a late 2nd at very very best
    Not to beat a dead horse (or an injured Bronco) but here's an interesting article about Strnad and his injury that contains this blurb:

Strand’s tape was intriguing to coach Vic Fangio because he had experience in man and zone coverage and didn’t look out of place doing either. As camp progressed, Strnad’s role was crystallizing as a sub-package player. “Going into the season, I was probably going be the linebacker matched up against tight ends in man-to-man situations and I was looking forward to that,” he said. “Things were going pretty well.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/02/1...jury-recovery/

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied

My post was actually siding with your thought process even if it was not what I would expect to do. Just trying to see your side and make a decent case for doing it. But I understand the importance of value add players, because that's how you gain competitive advantage, in a very competitive league. Pitts appears to be an expected star.
    Ya, I was just thinking out loud. I think it would be a tough sell to fans and media for Paton to make a move like this after Fant and Jeudy the past two years. I just see us looking back on the opportunity in a few years, if there is an opportunity, with regret we did not get him.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Guys. DO NOT sleep on Monty Rice if he gets into the 4th-5th round area. I can't believe how overlooked he is.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied

yes but the reasons given are that we need someone who can cover the tight ends in our division...parsons is a liability in coverage currently. some gms have davis rated higher than parsons. my guess is part of that is his "colorful" history. Like i said if we get parsons i hope we get cox too or a really good strong safety...
    Here's how I look at it. Micah Parsons has played LB for what, two years of his life? How good in coverage is he going to be after another year or so? And then you have to wonder how good is he going to be at everything else, which he is already good to great at? I've seen him run stride for stride with tight ends in man, and I've seen him handle his responsibilities in zone. I don't think I'd pass on him simply because he's not as polished in coverage. I do think Cox has a little bit more natural ability in man than Parsons, but it's not like I haven't seen Cox get beat pretty good by a tight end at LSU. I don't think he's Isaiah Simmons or anything. What you have to consider, and this is just my opinion here, is that Parsons is developing his instincts and skills at LB. He's already better in run support and way better at blitzing than Cox is. He's better at shedding blocks, tackling, pretty much anything that doesn't involve coverage, and he's a year younger. Cox has very good short area COD. Extremely good for a LB. He even played some corner in high school. He probably has better ball skills than Parsons right now. Maybe he's got better hands, but I don't know about that. Parsons definitely proved he could catch while he was playing RB in high school. I'm not arguing that Cox is not the next best thing after JOK in coverage, and I'm all for drafting Cox if we don't go LB earlier (I've posted numerous mocks where I've taken him). My question is, how good is he going to be in run support, and what's his ceiling look like compared to Parsons? Cox has been playing linebacker since high school.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied

true
    he looked "promising" or something to that effect according to the staff. not that it matters but im not sold on him being able to cover. jewell needs to be upgraded and aj may not even be here later this year (trade rumors) let alone next year.

ideally i would like either grant or jok and davis/parsons/collins. but thats not plausible

course what do i know...jones drew mock has us trading back to 18 and drafting....*drum roll*.....mayfield left tackle lol. while i like mayfield hes a late 2nd at very very best
    I was looking at highlights of his from Youtube the other day. In the middle of looking at LB draft prospects I suddenly remembered that Strnad existed. So I took a look just for fun. He does look like he has solid coverage skills just from the highlights. We may already have our coverage backer to team up with a beefier aggressive one on the inside.

Edit: I have Mayfield as a second round guy. IDK when, but 2nd round.
    Last edited by listopencil; 04-26-2021, 09:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by MHSalute View Post

Maybe, but doubt anyone in the FO is playing the long game right now, so just a musing really.

We are not, even with improvement from the QB position, going to catch KC offensively. Pitts is the one generational type talent that could dramatically narrow the gap if we grab him. Add a couple OTs in the draft and maybe a hidden gem at RB...

End of the day, we need elite guys to catch KC, some "solid" contributors not going to get it done.

My post was actually siding with your thought process even if it was not what I would expect to do. Just trying to see your side and make a decent case for doing it. But I understand the importance of value add players, because that's how you gain competitive advantage, in a very competitive league. Pitts appears to be an expected star.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X